Chapter 7: Regrouping
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: Regrouping

Filarion groaned, as he laid on his stomach. His ass hurt. The healers in the Elathana estate had gotten the mana out, but the pain remained. If he ever saw that necromancer again, he was going to shove a dagger up his ass. If only the old bag was not so quick with his spells...

The elf groaned again when his sisters came into the room, followed by Filion.

"Can't you see I am busy dying?" Filarion hissed, and Feneria snickered.

"You are being overly dramatic this fine morning. I think you will be pleased to know we send over some friendly people with clubs at Johnny's," Feneria said, and Filarion stood in the bed, even though the action hurt him.

"You did what?" He asked, and glared at his sister.

"Well, he got a restraining order on you. Showed your note in court. Now, I dare say that you wanted his knee caps busted?" Feneria tilted her head to the side, as Filarion rose from the bed.

"That was just written out of anger," Filarion had not meant it. Not one bit. He limped to the dresser, and took some clothes out. "Call off the help."

"Well, they have already left," Feneria told him with a wide grin. "You can always chase after them. You know where they are going, after all."

"Curse you, sister. Prisila, Filion, why didn't you stop her?" Filarion went in the bathroom, but kept the door open, so he could hear their answer.

"Johnny is more than simply an issue now. He has grown into a problem, brother," Prisila spoke, as Filarion put on his tunic. "Plus, he left you, so we thought..."

"You thought wrong," Filarion snapped. Couldn't they see his love for Johnny? How pure it was? How unending?

"Brother, you are the head of the family. If you'd like, I will go and call off the help," Filion had some compassion for his brother. The man was a fool in love. The problem was that he was in love with a man who wanted to bring the Elathana family to prison.

"I'll go," Filarion growled. He couldn't trust Johnny's health with anyone, least of all with Filion.

"You must still be in pain," Prisila's soft voice made him pause, as he fought to get in the pants. "Let Filion go."

"No, I am going," Filarion snapped, and then finally managed to get in the pants. His ass hurt from the tightness of the clothing. He gritted his teeth and bore it.

"Let me come with you," Filion spoke, and Filarion considered it. Filion was a rogue, just like him. Albeit just S ranked. Still, the necromancer would have two targets, if Filion came. Besides, Filion fought dirty. Some dirt in the old codger's eyes, and he would be down for the count.

"Fine, but don't slow me down," he heard Feneria's snort, and decided that he should give her a task she would dislike. Perhaps cleaning the dinner table after dinner? Or, mucking the stables.

Filarion limped out of the room, Filion at his back. They made it to the stables, and the older elf turned to his younger brother.

"Filion, did you give the help horses?" Filarion asked, and Filion shook his head.

"I did not. You know how I can't trust the horses to the disposal team," Filion answered him, and then waved the stable boy over. Soon, they had two horses saddled. Filarion got on his own, and led the way to Johnny's house.

They found the band of thugs halfway there. Filarion breathed a sigh of relief. He got the horse in front of them, and made them stop walking.

"Lord Elathana, we are on our way," the leader said, but Filarion just shook his head.

"You are to go back. Never, under any circumstances, are you to go and try to bust Johnny Morrel's knee caps," Filarion commanded, and the thugs shared a look.

"But, lady Feneria said..." the leader began, but Filarion just glared at him.

"Feneria is not the head of the family. Go back home," Filarion commanded, and the thugs turned around. Grumbling that they needed to walk in the dark all the time.

Filarion looked at the road that stretched on. Johnny was to the east. It would be so easy, to go near his house, get on one of the trees, and then stare into the man's windows in the hopes of catching a glimpse of his beloved.

The elf shook his head. Things were serious now. Johnny had a restraining order against him. Filarion had to be smarter than a love sick fool. He turned around, and urged his horse back towards the Elathana estate.

Filion watched him ride with approval in his eyes. For a moment, the blonde elf had thought that Filarion was going to go, and make a fool of himself. It was good to know his brother had some self-control.

When they came back, a helper came and took the reins of Filarion's horse.

"My lord, there is a party who needs your attention. Please, if you have the time, see to them," the man said, and Filarion nodded. It had to be a client. He needed all the good fame his new clients were going to bring him, so, he had to tend to them.

Filarion limped to the meeting room, and sat on the throne. Soon, the party of the scrawny adventurers he had approved came forward. The elf blinked at their appearance.

Their clothes were torn up, they were littered with scratches and some shallow cuts. Yet, they were all smiling. Filarion relaxed in the throne, and watched as the leader, the archer, handed a pouch to one of the helpers.

The man came to Filarion, and handed it to him. Opening it, Filarion saw money inside. It wasn't much, but it must have been all that the adventurers managed to get.

Filarion's brows furrowed. He had told them their first payment was due after a six-month grace period. Why were they giving him money now? He decided to get to the bottom of this.

1