Chapter 5 – First main mission.
2.3k 5 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The mission was simple.

[ Store a new Manga or Novel ]

I had to get a new manga or novel to store within the system. Simple... but not easy. No store sold such things near my house.

There were some small markets, but none of them sold things related to this. The one thing they have are fashion magazines or magazines about financial health.

"Well, what am I going to do? I can't just go around asking for manga/novel to someone." I have no way to ask on the Internet right now because I don't have a computer or cell phone. Even if I did, I wouldn't have Internet.

Maybe I can go to an internet cafe. But how will I buy a novel or manga if I don't have a credit card? The bank canceled my credit card two months ago, and I am in debt of almost $5000.

I have to pay this, or the interest will get higher and higher.

But I don't need to think about it now. I can't change my focus. I need to get a manga or novel to earn that $500; that money would be enough for me to live on for a whole month.

"Alright... I guess I'll ask some people if there is a store that sells manga or novels nearby. I hope they don't think I'm someone suspicious." So I left the house carrying all my remaining money and started my search.

I also picked up my bicycle as I would take it to the shop to get the tire fixed. It was my only means of transportation.

####

After spending an hour walking around town asking some people about a store that sells manga and novels, I finally gave up. Even the younger people didn't know.

So I decided to go to a cyber cafe that wasn't too far from where I was (downtown).

It was next to Mc Donalds, so I had a hamburger before going there. It had been a long time since I had eaten, so I was in the mood. After entering the cybercafe, I sat in front of one of the computers.

It was a large room with several "booths" with computers. They were not very good computers. People usually come to this cybercafe to study or surf the Internet.

So, I opened the browser and looked for a site that sold manga and novels. It wasn't hard to find ( obvious ). I entered the one that seemed the most reliable and also the most famous. "Anime Shop"

Besides novels and mangas, they also had many figures and funkos for sale. They also had blu-ray.

"Who buys that kind of stuff nowadays?" That's what I thought when I saw it.

But I ignored that category and went into the novels category. I started looking at all the available works and found a novel that caught my attention and that I had heard of before.

"Zero no Tsukaima."

The summary on the site was as follows: A boy is summoned into a world as a girl's pet. It seems to be highly problematic, but it is very famous.

But what interested me was the summons, what I could summon. And after looking at the free pages they offered, nothing caught my attention.

So I started researching some more exciting works until I found one called:

"Ascendance of Bookworm."

I wouldn't say it's a story that caught my attention. What caught my attention was just the gold coins I saw in some illustrations. In addition, it also had some chalices that looked like they were expensive.

I don't know the context, but the art was enough to make me buy the first volume. Not just one, but three volumes.

I added it to the shopping cart and then went to payment. Amazingly enough, they provided a service I could pay on delivery since they had a store not far from here (next town)

And so I could pay in cash.

Without thinking twice, I placed the order. Each volume came out to $10. Usually, each one would cost 15$.

The big problem is that this $30 I will use to pay is my last remaining money. But that doesn't matter since I will earn 500$ when I complete the next mission.

"Something tells me that this mission could have been simpler than it was..."

####

My products were scheduled to arrive the next day, which was Thursday. Before I even realized it, hours had passed, and it was time for my novels to be delivered.

And during the afternoon, someone knocked on the door.

Opening the door quickly, I met a middle-aged man wearing a blue cap and a letter carrier's outfit, holding a package in his hand. On his shirt was the logo of the store I had bought it from.

"Here you go. It's $30" Taking the money out of my pocket, I handed it to the man. He asked me to sign a paper and then handed the package to me.

"Thank you very much."

"No problem."

The man walked away, and I slammed the door.

I quickly opened the package. I threw all the junk on top of the couch and looked at the three volumes in my hand. They were small but had many pages.

What caught my attention the most was their cover. The art was magnificent.

"But that doesn't matter, does it? System, store everything." I held the three volumes in one hand and then said that. Then the three dematerialized in my hand and disappeared without a trace.

When I opened the list of stored manga and novels, there were three volumes of "Ascendance of Bookworm". At the same time, the mission completed notification flashed in my vision.

The $500 had been put in my "bank account".

"I'm getting more and more excited!" I opened my Status again, and there was already a mission available. But it was different. The notification was golden and glowed brighter than usual.

[ Main mission available ]

"I see. So those were just daily missions. I wonder what that is?"

[ Summoner your first character ]

[ Recompense - $5000 ]

"Cof...Cof...Cof...What?!"

68