Chapter 6 – Summoning the first character.
2.9k 10 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked at that value and couldn't believe it. I was paralyzed for a few seconds before finally "woke up."

"Summon a character... Okay, but which character? And I need a new bed too." I started to panic as I didn't know if I had enough money to buy a bed.

But $500 should be enough. I'm sure I can find a bed for that amount, even if it is a small bed of inferior quality. Okay, I'll go to a store.

Luckily, a Walmart was very close to my home, where I bought instant noodles a few days ago. There they also sold electronics and also furniture. So I will probably find beds at an affordable value.

"But first of all." I approached the ATM and withdrew the $500 I had just won. Afterward, I got on my bike (I paid to have the tire fixed) and headed to Walmart.

I got there in 40 minutes. So, yes, it is far.

I left the bike in the parking lot and ran inside the supermarket. It was big, so I asked one of the employees where I could find a bed, and he took me there.

"Have lots of options," I said.

"Yes. The prices of all the beds are pretty similar." The employee said with a smile. I sat on the beds and tested them all. Unfortunately, it was not a bed for me.

I know I could use this new bed and give the one I use to my servant, but my bed is horrible, and I would feel bad doing that.

So I chose one of them. It was a single bed that cost $199. It was a little expensive, but I didn't think twice before paying. The only problem was that they would deliver it after hours since I couldn't take it on my bike.

After I pay and give my address, I leave for home to wait for the bed to arrive. Since I still had food at home, I didn't spend any more money. I will save some money from now on.

I will save some money because I am already considering renting a new house. But I'm not going to rush.

####

It was late when someone knocked on the door. I opened the door, and there were two men. Right behind them were the bed frames in cardboard boxes and a mattress protected by plastic.

The two were looking at me with a smile.

"Delivery for Mr. Erick Steve."

"Come on in," I told the men. So the men came in, and I could tell they were analyzing my house. I confess it is a bit uncomfortable.

However, I didn't say anything. I just asked the men to put the bed in the empty room on the second floor. I had cleaned it before they arrived.

So, after only a few minutes, they had already put the bed. I thanked the men, and they left. I sighed and went upstairs to the second floor. I took off the plastic and then put a sheet on the bed.

I also took a pillow of my own and a blanket. I wanted to get everything ready.

After this, I sat on the bed and opened the list of characters and items. But unfortunately, the only items and characters available were from One Piece, and I didn't want to summon any of those characters right now.

So I have to read other novel or manga.

I had thought about starting to read "Ascendance of Bookworm," but it didn't have any characters that looked interesting.

"I think that novel is interesting." It's probably the most famous Ecchi work, High School DxD. It was probably a good novel since it was famous. However, I'm not very confident.

But the art... There are only beautiful women here.

'I can't summon just for beauty, I need characters to help me.'

So, after some thought, I decided to read High School DxD. I submitted to the urge to summon a beautiful demon woman.

####

After almost an hour, I had finally finished the first volume of High School DxD, and I realized that it was no big deal. I confess it's interesting, but it's not such a fantastic story.

"But I have to commend the author and the artist in making the female characters in this work, they are all very beautiful. The main character ( Hyoudou Issei ) is a 'virgin' but it's not so bad." But that doesn't matter now.

I opened the list of items and characters to summon, and not many things had appeared.

Items to Summon were only three: a desk, an excellent couch, probably the one in Occult Research Club, and black underwear... All right, let's ignore that.

And the characters available to Summon were.

[ Hyoudou Issei ]

[ Rias Gremory ]

[ Asia Argento ]

[ Himejima Akeno ]

[ Kiba Yuuto ]

[ Toujou Koneko ]

Those were the characters available. But, looking at all of them, the most interesting characters in my view were Rias Gremory and Toujou Koneko. For some reason, I liked Koneko.

Maybe I've awakened a strange fetish.

"I had said I would summon Rias, so that's what I'm going to do." I wonder how she will be summoned and how I will communicate with her. Not only that, I don't know how she will react either.

The system told me she would be loyal to me when summoned, but I'm a little worried.

"Right. System, summon Rias Gremory!" I said and swallowed my saliva. Then, a golden magic circle with strange symbols appeared on the ground. Not only on the floor but also the ceiling.

The magic circles glowed, and then a pillar of light came out of both simultaneously. The lights met and almost blinded me, forcing me to close my eyes. I kept my eyes closed while I protected myself with my arms.

It lasted for almost three minutes, all that brightness.

And then, the glow gradually diminished, and I could open my eyes. The more the light subsided, the more visible was the figure of a beautiful redheaded woman with large breasts and wearing a Japanese school uniform.

Her long hair was swaying as her blue eyes stared back at me.

72