Chapter 8 – Altering Memories.
2.3k 3 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Rias had calmed down, she sat on the bed. I could tell by her expression that she didn't like the quality of the mattress very much. Honestly, I was beginning to regret having summoned her.

She is a beautiful woman with big boobies, but this way of acting does not good.

"I didn't think a demon would be so afraid of a rat." I smiled at Rias. She then pouted and turned her face away, crossing her arms.

"That's not a rat. That's a monster. Did you see the size of it? That rat could carry you on its back."

"What an exaggeration."

"I refuse to stay in this place full of rats. Not just rats, but it sure is full of bugs in here. Don't you clean your house?"

"I do, but it's no use."

"..." Rias sighed and said the same thing again. "I refuse to stay in this place with these monsters. I won't kill those monsters either."

"Don't worry, I'll hire someone to take care of it. At least until we move."

"If I was managing to get in touch with my "towers" I would get the money you need. But it seems you've brought me to another world...so that's impossible."

"Don't worry about the money, it won't be long before we move." I smiled at Rias.

"Hmph. I hope so. And now, what do you want me to do to help? You summoned me for that, didn't you?" She asked again. I had to come up with something here.

Wait, your skills.

[ Rias Gremory ]

[ Skills available for use - Healing / Memory Alteration / Summoning / Defense / Transformation ]

"Skills available?"

"Hm?"

"It's nothing, I was just talking to myself." The system had told me something like that, that it would only give me the evaluation skill as I could use the skills of my servants. Am I wrong?

No, I'm sure that's it.

"You are acting strange. What is it" Rias asked.

"I'm thinking about some things. Can you stay here for a while? I need to try something."

"..."

"It'll be quick, I'll be back in less than 10 minutes."

"Okay, but hurry back."

"Okay."

####

After leaving the room and closing the door, I found the same rat that had scared Rias on the stairs. So I decided to try to use one of Rias' skills to deal with it. I chose the skill [ Summoning ].

When I said the name of the skill, something strange happened. A strange sensation started coursing through my body while the strength in my body decreased.

It was as if I had suddenly become drunk.

Then a warm sensation took over my hand. From there, a dark glow came out.

After a few more seconds, something began to appear in the air in front of me. The rat a few meters away stared at me the whole time, frightened by what was happening.

In the air, a bat had appeared. It was big, much bigger than an ordinary bat. The bat was flapping its wings rapidly in front of my eyes as it looked at me, waiting for a command.

I didn't get scared. I asked it to take the rat and kill it. And that the bat did. After my command, it disappeared and, in an instant, appeared on top of the rat, grabbing it with its paws like a hawk.

The mouse screamed as the bat carried it into the partially opened window. I wonder what that bat will do... But it doesn't matter; it's working!!!

I just summoned a bat. I can use Rias' skills.

"Now I'm able to use the [ Memory Alteration ] skill to my benefit. It's not like I'm going to be arrested for it since there's no way they can prove something so unreal." No, those thoughts are bad.

I can't take advantage of this power to affect others. But how will I be able to use this without harming someone? The only thing going through my mind now is to get money using this ability.

Maybe I can get things for free and even rent a house without paying anything. All these things will harm someone.  I need to think about this; I'll not do anything now.

The money I am making from the missions is enough for now. I just got this system; I will still make a lot of money with this.

"Okay, but I can at least test this skill, right?" I left the house and went out into the street. There was no one around the street, as usual, it was a sparsely populated neighbourhood, and the neighbours weren't very friendly.

I walked for a whole block before I met the first resident. An old woman about 60 was pushing a stroller with a baby inside. Her white hair was messy, and her clothes were very colourful.

As I approached the woman, she turned to look back. When she saw me, I smiled and took quick steps to stand beside her.

"Can I help you?" She said, sounding a little startled. I then looked into her eyes and activated the ability to alter memories. I thought about what to do for a while and soon after decided to alter her memory so that she would consider me a great friend.

And after a long silence, it seemed that it had worked better than I thought. Yes, an instant change in behaviour.

"Erick? What are you doing here at this hour? Shouldn't you be working?" She said with a smile, a little amazed by my presence. So I smiled at her, and we talked for a few minutes.

Before I left, I altered her memories and made her forget about me. Once I did, I walked back home. I could feel the woman's gaze on me, but she didn't talk to me.

I confess that this was quite amusing.

60