Chapter 15 – Rias is complaining a lot.
1.4k 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After almost two hours of walking, we arrived at the new house we would rent. It was a middle-class neighborhood, not a condominium. The houses were all very similar, beautiful and big, unlike the homes in the area where I currently live.

As we approached, I noticed the same woman named Edna standing in front of the door house, waiting for us. She was reading some papers, so she didn't see our approach.

"What a beautiful garden," Rias said. We were close to the white fence, and there was a small gate to enter. They didn't lock it, so I pushed the door open, and the gate opened.

A stone walkway led to the house's entrance as we went inside. It was a beautiful facade, as I had said before.

We walked the walkway while looking around. There were yellow and red roses and other types of flowers that I didn't know about. There were also large sunflowers. They take good care of this garden even though the house has no residents.

Well, they do that to attract the attention of buyers and people who want to rent... I don't care much for the garden, but I confess that it was one of the things that caught my attention in this house.

"Ah, Luan!" Edna said with a smile when she saw me, stepping forward and going to the walkway to meet us. She greeted me and immediately looked at Rias, doubtful about who she might be.

"She is one of my friends moving in with me."

"Friend? Not your girlfriend?" Edna looked Rias up and down; she was confused about the outfit Rias was wearing. I have to agree; It's not a nice outfit. However, this is on purpose, so I don't see a problem.

"Yes, she is a friend. She said she wanted to come here to visit the house along with me. I couldn't deny her."

"Oh, right."

"Pleasure, my name is Rias."

"Rias? That's quite a different name." Edna held her hand to Rias, and the demon held it. "Okay, shall we go in?" Edna took the key from the pocket in the front of her suit and then walked to the house door.

Then we entered the house.

As soon as she opened the door, I saw a large room with a wooden floor and a large carpet. Above the carpet was a glass table with a decoration on top of it. It was a vase with a cactus in it.

There were two sofas on each side of the table, and just in front of us was a wall. There was a big television there. The sofas were covered with very nice brown leather. Also, it felt very soft.

If you are wondering about the carpet, it is entirely gray. There was nothing special about it.

And besides the table, sofas, and TV, some decorations were in the room's corners. Nothing interesting enough that should be mentioned.

"It's a pretty big room...." Rias said, surprised.

"Yes. Plus, there's an air conditioner in here too. Every room in the house has one, and they all have individual control." Edna pointed to the ceiling, where there was an outlet for an air conditioner.

"That's nice. I hadn't seen about that."

"I forgot to mention, I'm sorry. Okay, what did you think?"

"It's just like the picture. I thought it was very nice. Also, that staircase." To the room's right was a staircase leading to the second floor. "It's so pretty... The dark color."

"Why are you complimenting the color of the wood on the stairs? That's weird."

"Well... that doesn't matter."

"Hahaha, you guys are funny. Okay, let's continue. Here at this entrance on the right, there is the dining room." The dining room was almost empty; it was missing decorations. The only decoration was a clock on the wall.

Just like in the main room, there was strong natural lighting in the dining room. The only difference was that in the living room, there were two windows, one on each side of the door. In the dining room, there was only one, but it was even bigger.

All the windows had curtains, so they were fine; we wouldn't be disturbed by the people outside.

"Now, the entrance on the left, you have the kitchen." The kitchen was huge. When we walked into the kitchen, we would face the cabinets and the cooktop stove.

Right below it, it had a big oven.

Just before the cabinets and the stove, there was a marble counter. On top of the counter were an air fryer and some spices they had left there. Going to the other side of the counter, you would find the metal sink.

On the sink, there was nothing. In the cabinets made of light wood, there was also nothing. We would have to buy everything.

"There's still a lot of unused space in this kitchen, isn't there?" Besides the cabinets, counter and sink, there was nothing else.

"Yes, but you can put a table here if you want. That way, you can have quick meals."

"That's a good idea. But the only thing that bothers me is that the dining room and the kitchen are so far away." Rias said as she looked at the cabinets, stove, and sink.

"Yes, that could be considered a problem. I don't know what the owner of the house thought when she built it..." Edna looked a little nervous, not knowing what to say.

"I don't see that as a big problem," I said. Yes, I also find it strange, but I don't bother.

"Haa~~" Edna breathed a relieved breath.

"Well, if you think that..." Rias said to me.

"Okay, now this door here." There was a door in the kitchen ( A laundry room ). Fortunately, it had a washer and dryer, so I wouldn't have to spend money on that. Those machines are costly.

And after that, we went into the main room again.

"It would be great if there were a bathroom downstairs," Rias complained again.

"There are bathrooms in all the rooms, so I guess there's no need.

"The guests will have to go up the stairs to the bathroom... What if we come home with a strong urge to go to the bathroom?" She said to Edna.

"Come on, Rias, don't complain so much."

"It's a valid complaint, isn't it?" Rias looked at Edna.

"Oh, yes, she's right..." Edna smiled bitterly.

 

READ 5 CHAPTERS AHEAD AND HELP ME BUY A NEW COMPUTER!!!! - PATREON.COM/PARODYGIRL

37