Chapter 34 – I have been discovered.
362 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even though I was worried, I left the house. Outside, however, I found no one. Not even the cars were passing. Everyone was at home.

I looked at my neighbor's house and noticed that his house was all closed up, but his car was in the garage. He and his family had locked themselves in until this troubled time passed.

"Haaa~~ All right." Using Goku's abilities, I used Ki to make my body levitate. I flew high enough to hide among the clouds. Since no one was around, I don't think anyone saw me.

But since I couldn't see very well down there, I had to come down a little. I looked around, and all the streets were empty.

"Wait, there are some cars over there." I flew towards them and noticed that they were police cars. I noticed that the only cars on the streets were police cars.

Also, many helicopters were flying overhead. I had to be very careful not to be seen.

Whenever I went near a place where the police were, my heart would race. I was apprehensive. The adrenaline made my whole body shake.

"I don't know if I can do this for long. Goku is nowhere to be found." I had flown over the entire region within a radius of almost fifty kilometers. It had taken a long time. However, I couldn't find Goku anywhere.

The only thing I saw were police, military, and helicopters.

"All right, I think I'll go back now. I must have been flying for almost an hour already. I'm starting to get a little dizzy." I stood still in the air, very close to where the portal had appeared.

The area had been completely cordoned off. Everything was surrounded by the military armed with rifles. There was even a war tank in the middle of the street. They were terrified that new monsters would appear.

"Well, I don't think another portal will appear around here. Hm?"

[ New mission available ]

[ Save the military from imminent danger ]

[ Reward - $1700 ]

"Imminent danger?" Confused by the new mission I had received, I began to look around, looking for anything that would threaten the lives of the military. Nothing was approaching. Everything was calm and quiet.

However, a few moments later, one of the buildings on the main avenue collapsed. Several buildings began to collapse. The soldiers started to get desperate, and they couldn't stand up.

As I didn't have my feet on the ground, I didn't feel the tremor in the earth. It was a strong earthquake. All the damaged buildings had collapsed, and many buildings that had been in good condition before had their structures compromised.

In the distance, I saw large dust curtains, showing that many other buildings had collapsed. I could see desperate people coming out of their houses.

The military started to run to try to protect themselves and also to help the civilians. And a few minutes later, helicopters had already begun to appear in the area.

I swallowed my saliva and watched in silence.

And then I could feel a shiver. I looked towards the war tank on the main avenue. A soldier started trying to get out of the tank in desperation. Without thinking, I flew towards him.

The ground below the war tank had begun to crack.

I got there in a second and grabbed the soldier's arm, removing him from the tank. After that, the war tank sank into the ground. The crack began to widen gradually, swallowing everything around it.

It was a perfect circle that kept getting bigger.

"Damn it." The soldier kept screaming desperately. "Hey, calm down. I'm trying to help you."

"Who are you?"

"Does it matter? Use your radio and let your superiors know about this. I'll help the others." I flew as far as possible and put the man on the ground. He quickly used his radio to warn about what had happened.

I went back to where the hole had started to open. The hole was already 100 meters in diameter and kept getting bigger. Everything kept getting swallowed up in the darkness.

I could not help everyone, but I managed to save almost twenty people from being swallowed. By the time it was all over, the hole was two kilometers in diameter.

The hole didn't have a bottom.

[ Mission failed ]

"..." I looked at the group of soldiers near the hole. The civilians had already been evacuated. They had probably all been taken to shelters.

"What do I do now? Many soldiers have seen me." I started to feel quite nervous, but since I could feel stares, I built up the courage to go down toward the soldiers.

"Don't worry. I won't do anything." Everyone pointed their guns at me. Everyone surrounded me as if I was a great threat. I put my hands up to show that I wouldn't do anything.

"Who are you?" One of the soldiers asked. I could see medals of honor on his chest.

"My name is Erick. I am a human."

"Human? Are you kidding me?" The soldier looked at some images and then looked at me. He began to approach, pointing his gun in my direction.

Standing at gunpoint is quite uncomfortable.

"Yes, a human. I have my ID at home if you need to check."

"How were you flying?"

"It's a long story." I smiled.

"Do you know this man?" He showed the images to me. It was Goku.

"Yes, I know him, but I don't know where he is. I was behind him when this started happening."

"Do you have any involvement with that?"

"No, none. If I had, I wouldn't have helped your soldiers, sir captain." I looked at the first man I had helped. He was pointing his rifle at me.

"Nonsense! Tell me the truth, are you involved in this? What kind of freaks are you?"

"I already said I am an ordinary human. I just gained some abilities."

"..." The captain was close. I could kill him if I wanted to.

I lowered my hands slowly.

"I am not your enemy. Your enemies are those monsters that came out of the portals. I came here to kill those monsters with this man, but he did something stupid."

"Why should I believe you?"

"It's simple." Using Ki, I disappeared and soon appeared, flying above the group of soldiers. I was holding the captain's gun in my hand. I crumpled it like a soda can and then threw it toward him.

"If I wanted to do something, I would have done it already." After saying that, I flew out of there.

Oh crap, I'm shaking.

 

READ 10 CHAPTERS AHEAD AND HELP ME!!! - PATREON.COM/PARODYGIRL

14