Chapter 35 – Edna…?
341 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I arrived home sometime later. I was calmer, but I still felt some adrenaline. I just showed myself to the military. They will probably come after me.

I have just rented this house and will need to get out of here. I might even have to leave the country.

"Welcome back. Did you find Goku?"

"No. Did you see what happened?"

"No, I don't."

"Where is the laptop?"

"It's in the same place you left it."

"Okay, thanks." I took the laptop and sat down on the couch. Rias sat next to me, and I opened a live broadcast from local news. A helicopter is flying over the area where the big hole had opened.

"Wow, what is that?"

"I was there when this big hole opened. It was sudden, and I don't know what caused it." The system didn't react to it, so I wonder if it's system related. But since it's something so unbelievable...

"That's scary. That hole doesn't seem to have a bottom."

"The hole is scary when looked at closely. It gave me chills just looking at it in person."

"Did many people die there?"

"I don't know how many died, but probably several people." I sighed and placed the laptop in Rias' lap. "The worst thing isn't even the hole, but the military saw me."

"What?"

"I acted without thinking, and I decided to help. Because of that, many of the militaries saw me. Since they saw me, I decided to talk to them."

"And what happened?"

"Nothing much. I told them I wouldn't do anything and that I was not their enemy. And that Goku and I were trying to help people."

"Do you think they will believe that?"

"No, probably not. People are afraid of the unknown. People with special powers like you and Goku and I are monsters in their eyes... Or maybe..."

"Or maybe?"

"Maybe they capture us to use us as weapons."

"Don't even say something like that as a joke."

"Well, that's hard to happen since they won't be able to capture us, right?" I smiled at Rias.

"You're too calm..."

"No, I'm not calm."

I was very nervous and wanted to get out of here as quickly as possible before the military surrounded our house with war tanks and helicopters.

####

After Erick flew off and disappeared, Captain Garreth looked at his gun on the ground. Erick's hands had crumpled his gun like a piece of paper.

'What kind of monster is this?' As much as he heard from Erick that he was not an enemy, the captain could not believe it. He quickly sent a message to his superiors.

He sent a video made by one of the soldiers and Erick's name so that he could be identified as soon as possible. After this, he met with his platoon again.

A mission began: create protection around the hole and keep an eye on everything twenty-four hours a day. But to build protection around such a big hole would take days.

But the most important mission was still to locate Erick. Of course, this took little time.

Inside the main army headquarters in the country's capital, they discovered Erick's identity in just a few minutes. However, finding his whereabouts was not easy. After his mother died, he completely disappeared.

It took two hours before they found the realtor that Erick had used to rent his house. A few minutes later, the police officers were at the door of the realtor's building.

A woman welcomed them with a smile. However, soon after, her smile disappeared.

"I am sorry, but I cannot give this information to you." After the woman said those words, all the police officers fainted simultaneously. The woman began dragging everyone to the back of the building.

After everyone was placed in an empty room, the woman placed her hand on the heads of all of them. A white light enveloped their heads whenever she touched them.

"My work here is done. But that boy... He's gotten himself into a lot of trouble." She said and then disappeared. The whole building also vanished without a trace.

When the police officers woke up, they were all lying on a large vacant lot. There was no sign that any building had ever existed there. They were confused about why they were there.

They all got into their cars and then drove away, forgetting they had to look for information about Erick.

#####

It has been two hours since I spoke to the military. There was no news about this on the Internet. The only thing that was reported was about the big hole.

I was sitting alone on the sofa, and Rias and Bulma were at the table, eating. I was so nervous that I couldn't eat.

And while I was watching a live stream about what had happened, suddenly, a light appeared in the middle of the living room. It was as if I was summoning a character.

"It's good to see you again."

"Wait... Edna? What? Hm?" I rubbed my eyes.

"It would take a while to explain everything. First, I want to warn you about the cops. They've already found you and will probably come here today. You need to get out of here as soon as possible. I can help you with that if necessary."

"I see... I don't know how you suddenly showed up here... Is your name Edna? Whatever, it doesn't matter now. But where should I go?"

"Preferably for somewhere far away. Call the two girls. I'll help you with that." Edna gave a smile. Even her personality had changed. "Oh, and about the realtor and Edna, forget all about it."

"I see." I started to think that Edna was that woman who spoke to me when I got the system, but their voices were very different. But she's probably involved with all of this.

So I was being watched this whole time... Scary.

 

READ 10 CHAPTERS AHEAD AND HELP ME!!! - PATREON.COM/PARODYGIRL

14