Chapter 49 – Monkey Tail
1.1k 15 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Boom!

 

An explosion rang out in the distance, where the attack pod had landed. The shockwave from the landing shook the ground all the way to where he and Bulma were building the spaceship. 

 

Yamcha was on full alert. 

 

How did the Frieza Force find them? Who was the guy that came? Were they strong? Thoughts like that passed through his head. If he said he wasn’t nervous, he would be lying. It would also be a lie if he said he wasn’t a little excited, as Yamcha hadn’t had the chance to test his new power. 

 

“Be careful and hide somewhere. If a blast comes this way, protect yourself first, and don’t worry about the spaceship too much,” he cast the barrier spell on Bulma and immediately flew off to meet the alien. 

 

Yamcha didn't want, whoever it was, to destroy the spaceship he and Bulma had been working on for the last couple of weeks. So he couldn’t let the enemy get close. 

 

As he charged toward the attack pod, someone was charging toward Yamcha too, and they met in the middle. 

 

Baam!

 

They clashed fists, and Yamcha grew startled by who his opponent was. 'Goku?!'

 

Such thoughts went away as quickly as they came. The opponent wasn't Goku. This man was darker skinned and someone else—a Saiyan from the DBZ Movies, Turles from the Tree of Might. 

 

Yamcha clenched his teeth. ‘If this is Turles at the time when he might have eaten some fruits from the Tree of Might, then I stand no chance.’

 

“He,” Turles chuckled, as if smelling his opponent’s apprehension. "Seems like I caught quite the prey this time. You could be a high-class warrior if you join Cooler, just like me."

 

Yamcha didn’t bother talking in the middle of the fight. He used Observe on the Saiyan and got a better read at this.

 

'He says he is a High-Class warrior, but with Observe, I can see that he is just a middle-class warrior. This is a younger Turles, likely before he even left the Frieza Force.'

 

Yamcha was curious if this was maybe just Turles trying to act intimidating. But none of that mattered as Yamcha stopped hiding his power level. 

 

Turles' scouter flashed and made a beeping sound. "E -Elite Class-"

 

He didn't finish as Yamcha punched him in the face, feeling Turles’ nose breaking under his knuckles. The Saiyans flew away like a rag doll. Smashing him into a faraway mountain, shattering the stone he landed on as if made of brittle ice. 

 

His attack pod had created a crater below that same mountain. Yamcha narrowed his eyes. 

 

‘Should I approach and try to get the attack pod? I could put it in the inventory in less than a second.’ Yamcha’s greed bristled in his mind. ‘No, making such a dangerous move at a high-level stage wouldn’t be smart.’

 

“Fuck, that was one hell of a punch. Felt like my head was going to pop off,” Turles got out of the rocks and cracked his neck. Blood flowed out of his nose and mouth. 

 

The lower part of Turles’ face was bloodied up, and pieces of his scouter also fell to the ground, broken. 

 

"I'm here to ask you some questions. If you do, then I wouldn't mind letting you go. I promise you," that was a lie. Yamcha would kill the Saiyan as soon as he got what he wanted from him. 

 

"Go to hell!" A small shining white ball appeared in Turles' hand, the smile on his face widening. Without hesitation, he threw it at the sky. "Burst open and mix!"

 

Yamcha's eyes widened, but it was too late. As before he could react, Turles turned into a big ape and slapped him right into a rocky peak. The stone mountain exploded in one hit and destroyed everything in the vicinity. 

 

"Damn, that was fast for its size," every part of Yamcha's body hurt, and he had broken at least a dozen bones. Blood pooled around him, as his head was bleeding, and his vision had turned blurry.

 

Yamcha pushed the boulders that were crushing him away, and he used Observe on Turles, reading his new Power Level.

 

[Turles - Lvl 221] [PL: 60,000]

 

His high level was likely due to him killing whole civilizations and destroying planets in his wake. 

 

"Fuck, he destroyed his own attack pod," Yamcha shook his head in annoyance. He wanted the pod to see if it could help them build their spaceship faster. But that was all over now. 

 

Turles opened his mouth, and a Ki Blast gathered between his fangs. The surrounding wind rippled in cyclones as the weather around the small planet seemed to change. 

 

Yamcha didn't stay still and immediately activated his active Skills. From Ki Enhancement to the evolved form of Pump Up, Superhuman Body Control.

 

His arms bulked up like a grossly disproportionate cartoon character. They felt like they would explode out of his skin. Since the rest of his body was normal-sized, it did not affect his speed much. 

 

"Wanna have a Ki Blast battle?" Pointing his hands toward, with his wrists touching, all of Yamcha's Ki gathered at one point the size of a rice ball, exercising extreme Ki Control.

 

‘I need to end this battle fast before he gets planet-blowing ideas.’ Yamcha thought, putting every ounce of power he could in his blast/ 

 

Both shot their Ki Blasts simultaneously and met in the middle, causing a huge enough explosion to tilt the small planet. 

 

Yamcha was worried for a second that the planet might explode. But it seemed like Turles hadn't lost his sense of self during his transformation into an ape and knew that if he did something reckless, he couldn't survive in space either. 

 

In the first half of the second, Turles’ beam obliterated the land around him as it traveled, while Yamcha’s was quiet, small, thin, like a strand of hair.

 

It didn't take a second for their clash to end as Yamcha's beam pierced through Turles' attack. Cutting through like a scalpel, and on the other end, as it smashes into Turles, Yamcha explodes his beam. Creating a large burst of energy that obliterated everything in its path. 

BOOOOOOOOM!!!

The explosion was so large that it looked like a miniature sun had crashed in front of Yamcha. The heat felt like it was going to melt his face, but it didn’t. 

 

He had put everything into that attack and didn’t have enough Ki to protect his body from any incoming attack. But unlike most in this situation, Yamcha wasn’t worried about his Ki amount as he had Senzu Beans with him. 

 

Once the dust cleared, a giant ape was on the ground, with everything below its ribs missing. Slowly, the ape transformation was undone, as Turles’ tail was destroyed in the blast radius. 

 

In place of the giant ape stood a bloody Turles with half his body missing. 

 

Though a power level of 60,000 was nothing to scoff at. With his buffs, Yamcha's power level had jumped from 20,000 to a little over 70,000. He also had better Ki Control. 

 

Yamcha flew down, and Turles was half-dead by this point. Even a Senzu Bean could save him now. Not like Yamcha would bother either way. 

 

Crouching, Yamcha noticed that Turles' mind was likely very hazy. But with his Saiyam psychology, he could continue living a couple more minutes even with his lower body missing. 

 

"Maybe I could use this," Yamcha muttered under his breath, and after turning Turles' head to look at him, he did some strange hand movements. It resembled Roshi's hypnosis. "How did you find us?"

 

At first, Turles said nothing, and Yamcha felt slightly disappointed. But after a dozen seconds, the Saiyan spoke. "I… I was sent under the order of Lord Cooler… to work with Frieza on finding and eliminating… unknown combatants."

 

'If Turles is here,  do Vegeta's brother and other Saiyans exist too? Broly…' Yamcha thought. "What about the other Saiyans? How many are they, and who do they work for?"

 

"There are ‌eight Saiyans… me included. Everyone else works… under Prince Vegeta, and the Prince works under Lord Frieza." Turles answered in a monotone voice, his eyes hollow and without pupils as hypnosis had fully taken over. 

 

Eight Saiyans? That was a lot. Many more than canon, and Yamcha doubted his actions on earth somehow changed the past. But by the time DBZ came around, only Vegeta, Nappa, and Raditz were the last Saiyans… with Goku too. 

 

By the time canon came around, these Saiyans had likely been killed in missions. That was the only logical explanation. Also, it made sense since the Saiyan Prince wouldn't be accompanied by just Nappa when out of their planet. 

 

"Thanks for the answers. I will end your pain now," Yamcha pointed his hand at Turles' head and shot a Ki blast, destroying the Saiyan's brain. 

 

[You have killed: (Turles - Lvl 221)]

 

[You have gained a Level]

 

[You have gained a Level]

 

[You have gained a Level]

 

[You have gained a Level]

 

[You have gained a Level]

.

.

.

He leveled up all the way to level 90 and gained 30 levels in one fellow swoop. 

 

Killing tyrants and planet destroyers seemed to give a lot of Exp, Yamcha realized. A greedy look appeared in his eyes. "Seems like it's time I become the hero the world needs and give it some freedom from these tyrants."

******

A/N: In the 'DBS: Broly' we see Vegeta has some Saiyans with him when he's notified of his planet's destruction. So this is actually based on canon. I didn't make it up. Since they weren’t around by the time Vegeta went to Earth, it’s safe to assume they died.

57