Chapter 50 – Another Attack Pod
1.2k 26 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Two weeks passed, and they built the new spaceship. Bulma's intelligence impressed Yamcha. To know she was a genius and to see it in action were two different things. 

 

If it weren't for the anxiousness that the next Frieza goon might just blow up the planet and be done with it, Yamcha would have seen this as a nice vacation. 

 

At least he learned how much he could lift, which was a ridiculous amount. 

 

'In my last world, there was a law of physics I can’t exactly remember. Where it says, the force applied to a meter square had a limit. But this world skipped that page of physics too.' Yamcha thought.

 

Bulma was putting on the finishing touches. The delicate things he might mess up if he tried helping. 

 

He lay atop one of the empty hills with his eyes closed and relaxing. Yamcha's eyes opened wide, and in less than a second stared into space, where he could sense something approaching. "What a shame. Seems like we couldn't get away without a fight."

The spacecraft landed a couple of hundred kilometers from them. The shockwave from his landing could be felt all the way here. 

 

Who was it? Yamcha wondered whether the next attacker was bound to be stronger than Turles.

 

He was cautious. But at the same time, he was glad since this was the last goon Frieza would send. As soon as Bulma finishes the spaceship, they will be gone before anyone can be any wiser about it. 

 

Yamcha cast a Magic Barrier around Bulma and flew off. Since he had the thing cast on her, he wouldn't be able to use Barrier Magic in the battle. But he didn't mind; a little drawback was better than Bulma dying by the aftershock of their battle. 

 

He flew toward where he could sense the only other Power Level on this planet. 

 

Yamcha was planning for the next fight, and this time the attacker didn't meet him at a half-point but exactly where they had landed with their attack pod.

 

A purple fish-like alien stood next to the open attack pod wearing Frieza-styled armor. "So you must be the man who beat that fool Turles? Is he dead?"

[Cui - Lvl 342] [PL: 18,000]

Yamcha landed two feet in front of Cui. The alien didn't seem to mind and kept a smirk on his face. "Why aren't you answering me? Too scared? Cat got your tongue?"

 

Cui threw a punch, which rippled the air with the power behind it, but Yamcha didn't move or even block. 

 

The punch stopped right as it was about to touch his face. "Well, you're a brave one-"

 

Before the man could finish, Yamcha punched him in the chin, bursting his scouter, and sent the alien crashing into a rock formation. 

 

Glancing at the attack pod, Yamcha knew the thing probably had a tracker. He didn't mind and just took the attack pod and directly put it in his inventory. 

 

'Now they can't track shit.'

 

"You bastard!" Cui charged out of the rubble, flying at breakneck speeds from the rubble. "You dare sneak attack me?!"

 

'Jesus, this guy talks a lot. Are we debating or fighting here?' Yamcha clashed with Cui, and hundreds of hits in less than a second.

 

They backed off and got a good look at each other.

 

A bead of sweat rolled down Cui's forehead. But a smile slowly made its way onto the fish-like alien's face. "Turles was a low-class warrior and Cooler's dog, despite working for Frieza. He had a power level of 6000, but mine is three times that, at 18,000! You scared now?"

 

He didn't care about what Cui was saying. Yamcha knew it would have been a very different battle if it had been Turles during the Tree of Might Saga. 

 

Yamcha wouldn't have been able to defeat the Saiyan if he had eaten one of the Tree of Might fruits.

 

Cui got in a fighting form again, and Yamcha decided to end this. 

 

A Ki ball shot out from his palm and landed next to him, taking the form of a wolf that was big enough to reach Yamcha's hips. 

 

"Oh? Some beast?" Cui chuckled. He seemed almost relaxed, and Yamcha wondered if this was a mind game his opponent was playing at. Because if it was a mind game, then Cui was the best actor he had ever seen. 

 

There were no smart-ass quips, insults, or snide remarks. Yamcha just waited as the wolf charged toward Cui, who flew up. 

 

But the wolf was made of Ki, so it ran up too. 

 

"Oh? A homing move? As an elite warrior, I've dealt with my fair share of them," Cui shit a ki blast in front of Yamcha, causing a dust cloud to rise up.

 

'Good plan. If this were a remote-controlled attack, then it would have worked. As long as I wouldn't have been able to sense Ki too.' Thought Yamcha. 

 

Cui then shot a beam at the wolf, but the Ki beast dodged by moving its body in an unnatural manner. 

 

"What?!" Cu’s eyes widened, and he tried backing off. But it was too late, as the Ki wolf was now too close. He tried punching the beast, but the wolf moved like a snake, wrapped itself around Cui's arm like a python, and bit down at his midsection. "Ahhhh! Get this shit off me!"

 

Then the wolf's body shone brightly.

Boom!

The explosion rocked the ground and made a decent crater. 

 

In the middle of the hole was Cui, armless, missing one leg, half his face, and half his torso. "Ah, help-"

 

Yamcha shot a Dondon Ray right through his eye and killed him. But since this was an alien, its head might not be a vital point in its body, so he blasted Cui's body to smithereens too. 

 

'He talked too much. Didn't even have his guard up. Turles was a much better opponent.'

[You have killed: (Cui - Lvl 342)]

 

[You have gained one Level]

 

[You have gained one Level]

 

[You have gained one Level]

.

.

.

A row of text flew through Yamcha's eyes, his level rising crazily. 

[Level 98 -> 129]

Two days later, when the spaceship was finished, Yamcha and Bulma, both with anxiousness, pressed the start button. 

 

Unlike the previous one, this spaceship was a little more rapid and didn't have a gravity training room, but that was still better than nothing. 

 

With Cui defeated, Yamcha knew that Frieza would likely send something like the Ginyu Force.  It would be a Game Over if he met them. Except for Guldo and maybe Recoome if he acted as careless as he did against Vegeta in the original show, but the others would easily destroy him.

 

Yamcha's heart dropped. There was no sound from the ship. But he held back whatever swear word raised up his throat. The last thing he needed right now was to stress out Bulma. 

 

The next second, the whole control room lit up. 

"Yes!" Bulma jumped in his arms in happiness. 

 

Then she quickly let go and went to control the ship, and they departed from the planet.

 

As the ship raised, with the planet getting further, Yamcha put a hand on Bulma's shoulder. "Stop on the atmosphere of the planet. I have something I need to do."

 

She nodded, and they stopped just outside the atmosphere of the small bronze-colored planet. 

 

Yamcha's arms swam right through the spaceship walls, and he shot a blast at the planet. The space rock lit up like a flashlight and exploded into a million pieces. The explosion was loud, and pieces of rocks flew off violently. He had to create a barrier around the ship to protect it.

 

"Why did you do that?" Bulma asked, her mouth agape. 

 

Yamcha realized this was the first time she had seen a planet blown up. 

 

He kinda liked the feeling of this power too. However, he was a little worried how easy it was to blow up a planet. 

 

"Because the enemy might have a tracking ability," Yamcha came to his senses. 

 

She didn't ask any more questions or try to challenge his paranoia. The latter had saved them, and while Bulma was a stubborn woman, she wasn't stupid.

 

Yamcha was being extra cautious here, as he didn't want to pick fights yet. 

 

His original plan had been to train in the Gravity Machine until he no longer could, but things had gone a little south down the road. 

 

With Gods and abilities like Ginyu, Yamcha didn't think it would be weird for a tracking ability to exist too. He got rid of all the evidence he could.

 

Flying through space, they blitzed past planets and solar systems in minutes. 

 

But such a travel speed didn't last for long as, at the half-hour mark, another ship about as fast as theirs started following along. 

 

Yamcha got ready for another fight. Even if the enemy was stronger than him, if they couldn't survive in space, he was confident in his victory.

 

With Solid Swimming and Barriers, Yamcha could enter and resist space easily and go to the enemy ship, and he was about to do so when a call from the other ship came. 

 

"{Hello, travelers. This is Jaco of the Galactic Patrol speaking.}"

55