81 Flowers
3.7k 10 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh, this village looks nicer than I remember. Christ, report!" Currently, Rose and Chris were handing out apples at Trichia Village. She didn't mind all the little grubby hands of the kids. Chris wasn't happy about her lord getting dirty, but she knew nothing she said would change this.

"Yes, Rose sama! Ahem* According to my latest report from our agents. The local nobility has finally found a replacement for the deceased baron Danton. This new baron, Baron Asai Trichia, according to the reports is extremely resourceful and kind towards his people. The first thing he did when he rose to a position of power was to begin construction of the wooden fences and walls you see now before you milady. From our agents, we hear that he is loved by the local children as he has been seen spending time with them consistently."

There was a certain little boy. He was just bragging to the others about how he was punching a baron and wasn't punished at all! The little ones around him were all enjoying their apples and free entertainment.

This was definitely music to Rose's ears. It was always good news to hear about nobles who actually cared about the people they governed over. 

"Good, good! I can already see his intentions. He must've chosen wood for his walls because against humans, wooden fences would offer little to no protection. Whilst being kind to children and the local population would deploy a gentle and kind image towards the surrounding barons. If he were to utilize stone or metal for his defences, it could be seen as preparations for war. I have no doubt the baron next door would see this as an act of transgression and act first. With his image, it tells that he doesn't desire more land, but is entirely satisfied with what he currently has! Amazing, This new baron is definitely skilled."

"Milady, reportedly, the people adore him and consider him a good person. We've already confirmed, none of the population has been bribed either. As the baron orders his personal knights to run patrols and assist the people."

Usually, barons would employ around 10-15 knights. However currently Asai was reported to be entirely satisfied with 3. The surrounding barons were joyed to hear their reports in regards to his military strength. Indeed it seemed he had no ambitions nor intentions to expand.

"Speaking of which, where's our hero gone off to?"

"Milady, he said he heard rumours about a local bandit lord. He said he'll be back within a few days."

...

Little did anyone know, Asai simply left a large box of coffers to Annie and Mary to use. And because he didn't clarify what types of defences they should focus on and the extent to it. The ladies chose to purchase wood rather than stone. Simply because it was cheaper to acquire.

The common people never had any interactions with baron Bralcom. Having hardly seen any nobles in general, the people believed Asai's morning runs were his way of inspecting the people and the lands. The fact that he didn't purchase a horse and rode above them all like he was holier than thou also contributed to his positive image.

Since Asai had taken the reigns of power, the villages under his umbrella has seen hardly any monster outbreaks. This was due to both Asai and Robin relentlessly pushing and hunting every single monster they could for experience points. The common people greatly appreciated their new lord. He was someone willing to personally get his hands dirty for their peace and prosperity. What wasn't there to like?

A certain parrot that flew by the orphanage kept repeating the phrase.

"MINE, MY EXP, MINE~"  "MINE, MY EXP, MINE~"

84