Chapter 6
578 10 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the guards entered Shang Ke’s chamber, only the aftermath was left. The lewd scent permeated thickly in the room and seeing the mess on the bed one wouldn’t wonder why.

Shang Ke laid in bed half-consciously. His body was still trembling in pleasure from the intense activity and his sex hadn’t fully limped away. White liquid painted him and the bedsheet with some leaking out from his rear.

His bed partner was nowhere to be found.

Tian Chen was informed the first thing he woke up and he was furious. Shang Ke was brought to him with his dishevelled look, only wearing a layer of robe. He could see in full view the marks left on the consort’s body, proving his affairs.

Shang Ke grovelled fearfully, tears rolling down his cheeks, “Your Majesty, this consort was drugged. This consort's heart and body solely belong to your supreme being. This consort would never let anyone touch him as this consort has pledged his entirety to the Son of Heaven. This consort has been sullied by Guard Yang. Your Majesty, this consort begs you to seek justice.”

Tian Chen considered for a long while in silence. He knew who Shang Ke meant by Guard Yang. He was a promiscuous guard but his capability covered for it. He was one of the only 5 guards with a high level of martial art, so as long as he didn’t step out of line, he turned a blind eye to his endeavours.

He was aware of Shang Ke’s obedience as well, one of the reasons why he kept him the longest among the male consorts. His clan was rather influential in another city, one of the reasons why he only executed those who were a direct subject of his late father when he took over the throne.

Yang Huo was summoned into the hall. The other didn’t spare a single glance to Shang Ke, as if they were complete strangers to one another, and knelt down in greeting.

Li Feng interrogated him, but Yang Huo denied all claims.

“Last night, this subject spent the night comforting a lonely maid. This subject would never dare touch His Majesty’s imperial harem. This subject has nothing but gratitude towards His Majesty for giving a lascivious person such as me, who was disowned by my own father, an important role in keeping the safety of his sacred home,” Yang Huo calmly said. “This subject practices martial arts so as to not let his mind be muddled by lust.”

“That is a lie!” Shang Ke immediately objected. “He is not even afraid to lay his hands on his fellow guards and officials’ sons and daughters. Guard Li, do you really believe the words coming out of such an obscene person!?”

“Despite his infamous reputation, I am very well aware that all of his partners consented and willingly…ahem, throw themselves to him,” Li Feng cleared his throat awkwardly. He looked back to Yang Huo, “Who is the name of this maid?”

Yang Huo touched his chin in thought, “I believe she has not told me her name yet.”

Everyone, “…”

Using his description, the other guards left to find the maid. They returned with 4 maids who matched his description. Much to their luck, one of them was correct.

When she was asked to confirm Yang Huo’s testimony, her face burned in shame but answered with a nod.

Shang Ke was speechless for a while and almost doubted himself that everything was just a spring dream. He then remembered that he had concrete evidence in his body.

“Guard Li, I request you to summon the physician to do a blood test. The drug substance is definitely still within us. Guard Yang also consumed it himself, hence if the same drug is contained in both of us, it should be undeniable proof of his crime, am I wrong?”

Li Feng looked at Tian Chen and the other gave a nod.

The physician was called and they conducted the blood test. When Shang Ke saw that Yang Huo willingly cooperated, he immediately had an ominous feeling.

Once the result was out, the physician announced that both of them were clean.

Shang Ke immediately paled.

Not only did he clear Yang Huo’s name, but he also worsened his own situation instead.

He looked at his attendant to support his claims, but the other was too scared to side with him. His mouth was sealed shut.

Tian Chen’s face turned black and everyone inside hurriedly knelt down with their heads buried down.

He mercilessly abolished Shang Ke’s title and ordered Li Feng to interrogate him until he confess to who he had an affair with. Yang Huo’s punishment for playing around while on duty was also given to him to carry out.

Shang Ke was dishonourably dragged out under many people’s eyes as he cried for his innocence. His father who was an official in the court looked at him in blatant disgust, shame, and disappointment.

He knew that it was over for him.

How? How could he and Yang Huo were clean of the drugs? They both clearly drank it and he knew exactly how long the drug would last.

Otherwise, he wouldn’t submit so easily to a lowly, lecherous guard.

Later at night, Yang Huo was stationed at the watch tower by Li Feng as his punishment. It was the coldest place at night with nothing to do up there. He must also rang the bell every hour to sign the change of shift every hour, so he wasn’t allowed to sleep. Just a second late and Li Feng would add a day to his tab.

It was now his job for a month.

“Enjoying the view?”

Yang Huo was startled by the voice and whipped around to see the mysterious attendant standing behind him. He completely didn’t hear or sense him when he came up.

“When did you come?” he asked in scrutiny.

“Does it matter when I came?” Mo Shen stepped closer to Yang Huo with a smile. “Do you not want your payment?”

Yang Huo raised an eyebrow, “You come this far just to do that?”

Mo Shen stopped when their feet met and tilted his head teasingly, “I don’t dislike lustful men.”

Although Mo Shen’s body was slimmer, they were equally tall. Even among his colleagues that Yang Huo had bed, none of them was as tall as him because he preferred smaller partner that could easily be tossed around.

He had to admit that this attendant piqued his interest regardless of his physique.

He waited for Mo Shen’s next move when the other chuckled in amusement and stepped away. In his hand was his money pouch that he kept in his robe.

“I suggest you be more careful with your valuables, Guard Yang,” Mo Shen threw it back to Yang Huo and the latter caught it, “in case you get seduced by a snake someday.”

He turned around and went to leave.

As Mo Shen descended down the steps, Yang Huo keenly saw the laughter in the man’s eyes in his fleeting glance.

Yang Huo opened his pouch to see several gold taels inside which previously wasn’t there. He promptly looked down the stairs to see Mo Shen was already gone.

The corner of his mouth inexplicably tilted up. It seems like he found an interesting person to hunt.

In his room, Xue Lan was reading a book when Mo Shen returned.

“My Lord, why do you spare that dog in heat?” Mo Shen asked as he refilled Xue Lan’s tea.

“He didn’t do me wrong,” Xue Lan answered and flipped a new page. “Despite him being like that, he really won’t force himself onto anyone unwilling. At that time, he broke his deal with Shang Ke after seeing my desperate struggle.”

“He still did as we ordered him to though,” Mo Shen took a seat next to Xue Lan and leaned back with one of his knees up.

“Since we told him that the drug in Shang Ke’s vial had been switched with water, he believed that he successfully seduced Shang Ke,” Xue Lan sipped his tea. “Well, he wasn’t wrong. You switched the aphrodisiac inside it with its antidote, so Shang Ke indeed consented by his own will. Yang Huo was skillful enough to make Shang Ke let his guard down and submitted.”

Mo Shen hummed in understanding and tutted, “Humans really need something to blame for their own action. Once they lose their guilt and fear, they immediately reveal their true nature.”

“Perhaps,” Xue Lan didn’t refute it. “We humans are merely intellectual animals after all.”

Mo Shen rubbed Xue Lan’s waist and asked in a low voice, “If I say I drugged your tea, will you become an animal as well?”

“I will only feel sorry for you that you need a drug to make a human submit,” Xue Lan finished his tea. “Maybe Yang Huo can teach you a thing or two afterwards.”

“Now I’m insulted,” Mo Shen pulled Xue Lan closer. “Shall I show you a demonstration, My Lord? It is troubling that you don’t believe in my capability.”

Xue Lan circled his arm around Mo Shen’s shoulder, “Don’t worry, I believe you’re capable enough to carry me to my bed. It’s time to sleep.”

Mo Shen, “…”

27