Chap 48- Shopping
1.2k 13 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chap 48- Shopping:

___________

{Pov Mumei; West city; 06:42 p.m}

 

They're probably training their asses off as I go get my stuff.....

 

[{ Very likely. }]

 

Eh, I will join in later after I am done, let them have a head start. Now, where was that shop again?

 

*Uuuush!*

 

Have been flying above west city trying to find where that place was, stopped by a little market I found, and got some snacks for the trip to the incredibly boring planet Namek!

 

"Oh! Found it!"

 

[{ I told you that it was close by.}]

 

*uuush!!*

 

Descending in my bird form I get inside an alleyway by the side of the store, and *Puff* back to my normal state.

 

"Now that I think... entering a public place in these clothes.... Nahh! I am sure it's alright."- Ignoring my worries the second they appear and walking out of the alley towards the entrance of the shop.

 

[{ *Sip* Talk about fast changes in mindset.}]

 

The less you think, the faster you think, that's why Saiyans are so strong! Look at Goku.

 

I can hear Kro almost choking on her coffee or whatever she's drinking after I said that.

 

[{*Cough* That.... is a good point...}]

 

Getting my attention back at the store, there are some nice details here and there in golden on the entrance door, they all interlink with each other to make a big 'L' in golden lines.

 

The rest of the door is just wooden, but it looks to be a very expensive type, because of how the cravings are made.

 

There are some clothes being displayed on the big showcasing window, but most of them are dresses.....

 

Praying they still have those that were on display that day, well I just want the upper body part.... For the pants and shoe part, I will just roll with it and find something I like.

 

[{ At least find something that isn't jeans...}]

 

What? Don't like them? The ones Piccolo gave me were good you know! Could throw kicks everywhere with how these things were flexible.

 

*Ding~din*

 

Pushing the golden door handle and entering the store, I hear a small bell going off.

 

"*Whistles* Extra goldy."- The decorations were very gold, excessively so.

 

They had some mirrors with blue and gold details for people to test their attires, and the floor was craved and filled the cravings with small lines of gold in it too.... okay this is excessive as fuck....

 

*Clap*

 

*clap*

 

Looking to my right, I see an old lady with white hair and black eyes, her hair is styled in a long ponytail that goes all the way to her hips.....  And .... Her dress is of the color you already know.

 

Gold, with some black details.... can I even buy something in here...

 

" Welcome young *Looks Mumei up and down*, I guess you're in need of some clothes? You have come to the perfect place! Now, what do you require? We just received the new winter set if you will."

 

Ahhhhh... She's a professional... not even bated any eyes to my situation, and just asked what I want to buy. Direct to the point, I like it.

 

" I wanted to see one of the sets you displayed at the showcasing window the other day, it was like a winter-like set too, do you have any idea if you still have it?"

 

Saying that I scratch the side of my cheek while holding a friendly smile.

 

She gets a thinking face, and runs back to where she came from, following her, she goes past a small entrance and enters the counter area, she bends down, and after a second gets up with a big red book...

 

"Hmm…*flips page*, If it was one of the old winter ones....*flips pages*.... Here! This was displayed last month! See if it's any of these, we still have some pieces from them!

 

*Thud!*

 

Putting that big book that must pack quite the weight on top of the balcony for me to see....-' This lady is pretty strong still.... she could clap some normal humans easily..'

 

Lowering my eyes to the book, I immediately smile and point a finger at the ones I want.-"  These, I want the shirt and the jacket."

 

As fast as she put the book for me to see, she snitched it away to look at what I pointed at...-" Ohh!  Yeah! This shirt sold quite a lot because of its extra hood, and the jacket too! Good choice, *looks back at Muun* if young Miss

wants to have a look around, feel free to do so while I get them!"

 

Well.... let's see.

 

[{ Get some extra sporting clothes for the training, it'll be better to use them, than having your newly created ones destroyed, right?}]

 

"Good call Kro!"- Jumping up a little as excited, I walk around the store looking everywhere I find interesting.

 

But most things are... how do I put this... overly edge? Like there are shoes with fire drawings and pants that scream.-' I am the dark lord!'- With those random runes and blood drawings.

 

And to my surprise, this place has a large variety of clothes, caps, shoes, hoodies, shirts, and a ton of others besides dresses.

 

While looking around for pants, I found one very normal light-brown-red one, it was supposed to be used by people who practice martial arts solely with their legs, and so their elasticity is pretty impressive.

 

Their cloth can be tightened up around your hips and ankles on both legs, to fit better the wearer, pretty nice.

 

Finding my pants and going back to the counter to find the old lady with the clothes I asked for in hand, smiling professionally like always.

 

“ Found it, Miss! Are these the only ones, or would you like anything else?"

 

*Yawn*-" Yeah, give me some shoes that you think would combine with me...*grins* I am sure that lady attendant will find me one that I will like."

 

She has experience in this, she probably read me the instant I stepped inside this place, so let her choose.

 

Blinking twice surprised, she looks at me and blinks again.-" Uhh... Sure!*Smiles brightly!* Wait here for a second!"

 

Before walking off, I noticed she gave the two feathers above my head a look... do I need to be afraid?

 

[{ She will probably pick something that goes with your aesthetic. And if someone tried to touch them without your permission, your instincts would probably move Muun's body subconsciously in muscle memory to stop the act.}]

 

'You.... learned quite a lot about my feathers functions... didn't you?'- I can only deadpan at how analytical this girl is...

 

[{ Obviously, after that day I put you to sleep, I searched to find what caused such phenomenon and found that they are connected directly to your Instincts, helping them like an antenna, that's why you sometimes feel people staring at you even if they are outside your field of view. So far they only go down when you're around me, and I prefer it being that way.}]

 

.... I have a radar on top of my head...

 

[{ ... }]

 

*Hasty footsteps*

 

"Young Miss!!"- Running in with a red box in her hands, the old lady stops by the other side of the balcony, and with pretty heavy breathing opens the box and slides it to me above the balcony.

 

" I am sure it'll fit you!"

 

Smiling at how happy she was and pushing the box towards I see them.

 

'The.....drip..... is real!!!'

 

They resemble sneakers in a red color that pushes into pink, it has some yellow details where the shoelaces would be, and the only lace it has is one that is probably to adjust to your ankles, so it doesn't fly off in the first step.

 

But what is the coolest... is the black bird-like creature drawn on the lower back part of the sides.... it has red eyes and a beak in a faded yellow color....

 

There are also some random ass thingies like black buttons on the sides, decorations most likely, but this is....

 

"Perfect."

 

[{Ca-}]- ' Shut. '

 

"*Smiles even brighter* Then! I shall put them all in a bag if miss doesn't want anything else!"

 

Smiling I pushed back the box of shoes.-" Nah, I am good, thank you, for your hospitality.... even with being me in..*Waves hand towards my body* in a not-so-good state."

 

Giggling to herself as she puts all the things I got in a cardboard large bag.-" Ohoho~ don't worry about it! I am sure you have your reasons, Miss."

 

After waiting for my things to be ready I just looked around not finding anything else I wanted, so after she gave me the bag I just stretched my hand to pick it up.

 

But she held mine with her own, prompting me to raise an eyebrow, Kro gulped loudly and aggressively her drink too.

 

" .... Just... be careful out there.... Younglings shouldn't have that much responsibility..."

 

.... Ahhhh...."Okay? Thank you for the advice, I need to go now, Cyaa around lady!"

 

*Ding*

 

 Running out of the store and flying up.....

 

As I hovered over the store from above, I just felt confused why would she say that...

 

“Weird.” - [{ Weird...}]

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

__________________:

[{ West City; Store: L's for Life! }]

 

After Mumei disappeared in an instant, the old lady just turned back to a small TV she had behind her counter that was she watching before the girl entered.

 

< And that was the latest News! Now once more, we would like to replay last month's strange activity that was filmed by an anonymous spectator!>

 

It changes from the News host to a video probably recorded by a relatively old camera of a girl kneeling over and over again the face of one of the aliens that destroyed the central city.

 

*Static*

 

Then after a glitch of sorts shows them again, but this time all wounded up, with the girl walking slowly to the downed alien, she picks him up with him resisting trying to punch her away.

 

Just receive a straight punch to the face as a sinister black and red aura explodes around the girl, sending the alien flying away as the video suddenly returns to static once more.

 

< It was quite a strange event, the one who recorded just sent us these recordings without saying anything more, probably wishing to stay anonymous. But the events do connect with when the monstrous aliens appeared and destroyed Central city!.>

 

< The identity of the girl still hasn't been discovered yet! The president wishes to thank her personally, so if you have any information, please contact us!>

 

"Ehehe.... I knew it.... *smile*, she saved all of us, at least that small gift as 'thank you' will make her happy."

 

Seeing no need to get involved in the girl's life, she just goes back to managing her shop.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

________________

{ When Mumei arrived in the store }

 

The old lady was confused about why someone would enter a store in the state she saw the young girl. But the next instant she recognized her silhouette and characteristics.

 

She knew the one in front of her was who fought against those evil aliens.

 

Choosing to not comment on the topic as she treated the girl like she would with any of her normal customers.

 

Her preferences were pretty boyish, but the lady just followed her wants.

 

Until the girl asked for a pair of shoes that the lady herself would choose.

 

Being surprised, then happy as she remembered something that she got from a friend some time ago, it gave the same energy the girl had.

 

And after some more talk, she was going to give everything the bird girl asked for in a bag for free.

 

When the girl got the bag, the old lady knew this somewhat young adult in front of her was strong, incredibly so.

 

' Why do the young ones always end up being the ones protecting us....*sigh*'

 

Giving one last piece of knowledge to the girl, before she disappeared.

 

*Ding~din*

 

Her mouth formed a warm smile as the girl exited.

 

"Good luck out there,  Birdie"

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

_______________

{ Back to Pov Mumei; Skies of West City; 07:12 p.m}

 

[{ Leaving the Zeni on the balcony without her not even realizing it, and making a quick escape. Nice one Muun}]

 

Look..... I was awkward alright? And didn't know what to say, like what even would I say?-' Oh, thank you for the millennial wisdom!'

 

.... Would have been funny tho.

 

[{ *cough* And now? You left about half our savings there....*sigh* what now?}]

 

Weeell! Now I will store these away *Ding*....

 

"Whatthefuck?"- Opening my full inventory tab for the first time in a long time to its maximized screen version.... I see something that wasn't there before....

 

______________________________

■■■■■■ - Inventory- ■■■■■■

 

■--● 16.000 Zenis

 

■--● 2x - Fake Dragon Ball

 

■--● 19x -  Coke's cans

 

■--● 13x Dowitos Packages

 

■--● 21x -  Instant Ramen

 

■--● 1x -  Clay pot of Senzu beans [57/120]

 

■--● 26x -  Ticket Normal Gacha ( ! NEWS ! )

 

■--● 1x -  Fragment for Ultra Potential Unlocked ( Ultimate - Beast forms ) [ 1 / 1.000]

 

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

 

____________________

 

How.....no..... When?

 

[{ Well... Allow me to explain this, as it's an equal surprise for me.... it's strange why it hasn't notified to the core about these changes, that being me, that something additional was added to your inventory.... Like I said... this Gacha part is strange...}]

 

'Yeah.... but why do I have.... TWENTY-SIX?! Like I don't think my current power level even scratches the two hundred thousand!!'- Rubbing my eyes over and over again to see if it's a joke, it isn't.

 

[{ *Sigh* Remember the attack you fired at Vegeta? It probably counted that as your power.... repeatedly consuming the beans and increasing the attacks force, in the end, was interpreted as your own power growing, Muun.}]

 

'So that means... Was I almost on the three hundred thousand mark at the end of that blast? Sheesh....'

 

[{ *click* - 270.000 - To be accurate, and yeah, pretty fantastic, maybe it's a bug?}]

 

' Well, we won the lottery without even wanting I guess!'

 

*Uush!!*

 

Putting my new clothes inside the inventory and flying up, above the clouds since this place is the most chill I can think of, the sun is already going down.

 

"Beautiful."

 

...... I am staying floating above the clouds and thinking about how I will slam Frieza into a basketball nest.....

 

A three-pointer would be nice.... but a slam is the one way to go!

 

[{ Are you serious.... where would you even find a nest!?}]

 

Just have to use the classic, Mumei Slams their head into the ground, supreme technique!

 

Hearing a groan from the other side widens my grin.-" Enough playing around! It has been a while since I tested my luck! Bring me the hellish luck game!"

 

This will take a while to gamble all these...

 

[{*Click* There you go, do as you wish, I am going to pick another cup-}]

 

"NO! Sit there, and open them with me! Stay at least half an hour without drinking caffeine dammit!"

 

Silence enters our conversation as she doesn't answer, and I look down at the clouds a little sad.-"If you drink that much... it'll end up becoming an addiction later on...."

 

Then instead of sandwiches.... it'll be coffee.....

 

*Shuffling*

 

*creak*

 

Hearing the sound of her chair.-[{ ..... Yeah, guess you're right.... I will stop for a while, caffeine augments some processing programs of mine, replicating the same effect it has on humanoid bodies... but it can also be an addiction.*sigh*}]

 

*Smile*-" I will open one half, you open the other! 13/13 for each of us!"

 

[{ Okay, go ahead first then Muun.}] - [ ' ....*Smile* She's worried about my health.... even if I don't have one yet... cute. ' ]

 

________

 

____

 

__

 

And we stayed up there opening them..... one, two, three.... it was a lot okay!

 

__

 

_______

 

_______________

 

____________

 

_________

 

_____

 

________________

[ Half an hour later ]

 

.... We got some pretty good stuff for the normal ones, but also some very questionable ones... Kro in particular, her luck wasn't one of the best today.

 

[{ HEY! I tried okay! And just because I got the one you wanted!..... well a part of it?}]

 

Yeah, at least you proved they could be obtained by this thing.

 

BUT I TOO!! Got a ton of upgrading cards! They seem to be able to upgrade everything.... after doing so with Kro, what would happen if I use one of those on my racial skills?

 

Wow..... Super Owl Side! Perfected Owltra Instinct! The possibilities!

 

[{... Could try it on your race? It says it can upgrade everything to a better version of its choosing..... it's pretty vague, but it could work.}]

 

Yeah, but for now, our priority is bringing the big-breaded lady to the realm of the living! That asshole of Shen-Long couldn't do something so easy! Tsk.

 

[{ I told you.... if it really has something to do with OA, then he would never even be able to put one of his claws in my situation.... but at least you got Raditz what he wanted.}]

 

"Hmm *nods*, *sigh*..... Let's go, those guys must have already started their training regime at this point..."

 

As I prepare to dash forward to turn into my Owl form.... my smile can't be hidden...

 

If I continue getting stronger, this damn Gacha will get me something good!!! And now with proving that the Ultimate piece at that time wasn't just a one-time miracle....

 

" I WILL BE FUCKING INVINCIBLE AHAHAHA!!"

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

[{ She's at it again..... where is that maturity you had a few hours ago...*sigh*, *smile*, one step closer..... now, just a little more....}]

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

______________________

■■■■■■■■■■

VVVVV--INVENTORY--VVVVV

 

■--● 1x Cardboard bag of clothes

 

■--● 2x - Fake Dragon Ball

 

■--● 19x -  Coke's cans

 

■--● 13x Dowitos Packages

 

■--● 21x -  Instant Ramen

 

■--● 1x -  Clay pot of Senzu beans [57/120]

 

■--● 0x Ticket Normal Gacha ( Before Using - 26x )

 

■--● 2x Chocolate cake.( ! )

 

■--● 1x Dark green Konoha's Ninja clothes ( ! )

 

■--● 10x Normal Cheese Pizzas ( ! )

 

■--● 1x Red cap ( ! )

 

■--● 1x Succubus Sock ( Pink and Black) ( ! )

 

■--● 1x Thigh Highs ( Black ) ( ! )

 

■--● Zeni 31.000 ( ! +4.200  ! )

____________

 

______

 

_________________

■■■VV -- Fragments -- VV ■■■

 

■--● 3x Fragment for Ultra Potential Unlocked ( Ultimate - Beast forms ) [ 3/ 1.000] ( ! +2! )

 

■--● 1x Fragments for Ultra Instinct ( Technique )   [ 1 / 3.500 ] ( ! )

 

■--● 1x Fragment for Ultra Ego ( Form )[ 1 / 2.000 ] ( ! )

 

■--● 11x Upgrade card Fragment [ 11 / 20 ] ( ! )

 

■--● 3x Fragments for Haki [ 3 / 400 ] ( ! )

 

■-- ● 2x Fragments for Guts Sword [ 2 / 5 ] ( ! )

 

■■■■■■■■■■

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not feeling very good, so most of the stuff I had for this chap... had to be skipped to the next ones because I couldn't think f how to write them... So I will make up for it in the next chaps.~ye

 

 

 

 

 

But have This sketch that I for some reason fully colored it.... the big project one is almost finalized, just have to color up some stuff still.

Spoiler

OLWBODI 

[collapse]

 

 

 

62