Ch. 67 – Sudden goodbye
1.7k 5 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

That can’t be possible, it just can’t right? Why would just plain sensing of mana bring me so much pain? Can’t I just look at that single flow while ignoring the other? Surely I don’t need the second one to use magic. Thinking so, I tried sensing the mana again, and sure enough, I failed again.

Never in my life my head came that close to bursting as it has now. It wasn’t a matter of separating two flows, they were so intertwined that I slowly started to doubt if they weren’t parts of one integral structure. I simply couldn’t just peek at one, without having my eyes full of the second, and that was what made it impossible to control anything.

Wait a second, what if I try to blindly control the mana? What would happen if I simply tried to grab it at random? Is it even possible? I extended my reach, trying to hook into the external flow and when I felt some resistance, I tried pushing through forcibly. It was quite different from precise control, but there were some effects.

Right in front of me a spark appeared. I pushed more of my energy into it, trying for any other effects, and surely enough after some struggling it increased in size. It was then, that I suddenly felt like I was flying. For some reason I was thrown with a considerable force and was quickly gaining distance from the spark.

I had no idea what happened, since there was no explosion, but after I finally stopped I saw that in fact it was the dragon that took me away.

[“Are you an idiot? Do you want to destroy this dungeon?”]

What? Why would that little spark which was a result of blindly grasping mana do something like that? In corner of my eye I saw that Felicia was taken away too, which made me worry a bit. Why was the ancient dragon scared of that flimsy little spell? The distance we covered while escaping was also frightening, I don’t think I could travel that far in less than ten minutes at my full speed, and for the dragon all it took were seconds.

Suddenly I felt a strong force hit me into the face. It came from the direction of the spark, and when I focused my eyes on it, I saw it was still growing with ever increasing speed. It engulfed our training ground, then the cave leading further up, and in the end the whole mountain.

Then it exploded.

The effect looked similar to my void spell, but much more chaotic, and in much bigger scale. What was even more frightening, was that it even made a hole in the sky. Well, I say the sky, but it was just the ceiling of this floor. It looked like everything evaporated, but when I focused a bit more I saw a huge pool of lava on the ground, meaning that it was just melted in the extreme heat.

Okay, never trying blind mana manipulation again.

[“I wanted to have a bit better goodbye, but if you want to progress any further it’s now or after a year. I hope we can meet again, and please, don’t ever use that thing again.”]

He said that, and then threw us at the hole in the ceiling. A warm energy engulfed us both as we flew, protecting us from the wind and helping gain more speed. In the end we landed in a stone tunnel, and the hole we came through closed seconds later. I was a bit confused by what happened, but my guess was that we ended up on the next floor.

I think that I obliterated the stairs by mistake, and the only option to not get stuck on the previous floor was for us to go through the hole I made. It was a bit sad that we had to go without any goodbyes, but that was probably for the best, since for some reason I felt like time was getting short.

[Gained [Ancient dragon blessing] ]

Oh, and he sent a gift, what a nice dragon he is.

 


 

So the dragon didn’t eat them, that’s disappointing. I will have to punish him for favoritism later, but I seriously didn’t expect that rogue god to show up. I really wish he would stop messing with my dungeon. But even him appearing again ignoring all my countermeasures for him wasn’t as surprising as the story the dragon told to this little spider.

I seriously doubt it’s true, but if he wasn’t lying that would raise my position among the other gods, since I was born from this forest, and command it. I will need to have a little talk with the queen to hear her opinion on this, but there is no way he told the truth.

I mean going by his words, that goddess was strong enough to create even gods and what’s even more unbelievable the world itself. Even our current father god can’t do things like this, and he’s the most powerful being around.

For now I’ll ignore these unbelievable claims, and observe the spider a little more. That’s true I’ve gotten a bit angry about her overstaying on an destroyed floor before, but now that I’ve transferred her up I can finally test my merged floors... if she doesn’t destroy them beforehand.

It took a lot of energy to connect whole fifty floor into one, but it should finally be a challenge for the current challengers. If she manages to come here, she might be a bit angry at me, but I’m the dungeon master, I’m the one to decide the challenges of my dungeon, and it would be nice punishment for making a big hole in my floors anyway.

Now let’s see if they will survive the most unfair dungeon in this world. I wonder when she will notice. Ahh, this silk sure is comfy, I’m glad I took it even if the only thing I could give in return were these pricy rings. I love my new bed.

44