Ch. 31 – He still didn’t name himself
3.6k 15 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Acquired blessing of the goddess of creatures]
[Acquired blessing of the god of knowledge]
[All status values increased]
[Due to the lack of conqueror titles, skills will not be gained]

I guess they patched up the bug with conqueror titles. This or actually it was supposed to work this way, but it was the fact that I already had some blessings that caused the errors. I think I will refrain from anything that could make me meet the gods again, since I didn’t particularly enjoy the whole situation.

Still I gained quite a lot of information. I would never have expected that my mother was that strong. She was weakened when I met her, but even then, she seemed ridiculously powerful. Just hearing about the fact that she can face gods in a direct fight is terrifying.

But I’m wondering, if she’s the oldest divine beast, and progenitor of all spiders, why didn’t I see another albino anywhere? Maybe they were scattered all around the world? But mother didn’t say anything about my siblings. I mean I know that the whole nest is my family, and judging from the words of gods, the whole world of spiders is too, but I didn’t hear about those same as me.

“It’s because they are all dead.”

Oh, the caped guy appeared again, along with his insufferable aura. Hmm, come to think of this, even the gods didn’t have something like that. Is it possible that this guy is stupidly strong? Wait what? All dead? The royal kind of spider, that is supposed to be born many times stronger than me? Also, why are you here again when you got chased out.

“I just lost the pursuers, that’s all. About your siblings, they were all strong indeed, but also very unlucky. Almost as soon as they left the nest, they were caught by humans, and turned into materials for weapons and accessories.”

So he dodged the question about strength huh. But that didn’t matter for now. His words were stuck in my ears. I knew what I heard but it didn’t really reach me at first. The whole affair with gods has taken over my thoughts, but what I heard now, even if completely unrelated to the whole thing, seemed to erase everything.

When it finally sunk in, what humans did I felt only rage. Before I could notice it, my blood was boiling, but I could do nothing about it. I was inside a dungeon, one that humans didn’t visit usually, because my mother would stop them.

I wanted to get out, I wanted to find a human city, and destroy it. There might me someone innocent, but so were my siblings. If they just came out, this meant that they didn’t hurt anybody, and yet, they were slaughtered to be turned into human toys.

Something stirred deep within me. Because of this feeling, I didn’t notice the smirk on the caped guy’s face. It started to fill my whole body, and was close to seeping out, when I suddenly felt something else.

The cat girl climbed on my back, and hugged me strongly. When I realized, the weird feeling I had earlier was completely gone, and my rage, while still not extinguished, lessened a lot. I swear I could hear the sigh coming from the guy, but I decided to ignore it.

“Nice friend you found yourself, anyway, I just came to check what happened since you suddenly disappeared from this world, and since nothing really happened, I will be saying goodbye. Originally, I didn’t want to come back that fast, but I guess future isn’t something set in stone. I really expect a lot from you.”

Aaand he’s gone. I wonder why didn’t he just disappear the same way, and was just running away before. I really hope he stops visiting me, his aura is really suffocating, and I feel like I have a stalker. But my emotions really are weird, they can change so fast it’s actually weird. In one second, I am ready to destroy a city, and in the next one all I can think about what I will feed to my cat. Maybe it has something to do with my malformed soul?

I don’t know what would have happened if the cat didn’t stop my anger, but I think it would hurt me a lot after it happened. Humans definitely wouldn’t leave destruction of one of their cities, and in the end, they would hunt me down. If I want to fight humans, I need to get much stronger. I wonder why did he tell me about my siblings, maybe he wanted me to bear a grudge against humanity? Ahh, my brain hurts, lets really just shrug it all off.

As for the girl, I guess she stopped sulking and that was great because we could go back to climbing up the floors. Since I got a small buff, I probably will be able to deal with their dangers, and just train her on the way. But first I need to appraise myself to see, it it’s really enough.

[Weapon user albino Tarantula (Young)]
[Lvl: 15/15]
[Status:]
{
HP: 426; MP: 286;
Strength: 282;
Intelligence: 401;
Agility: 378;
Vitality: 376;
Defensive ability: 254;
Offensive ability: 254;
}
[Skills:]
{ [Greater appraisal] [Weak poison lvl. 4] [Inferior spider web lvl. 3] [Fear resistance lvl.2]
[Surpass limits lvl. 1] [Faint resistance lvl. 1] [Poison resistance lvl. 2] [Mental resistance lvl. 2] [Prediction lvl. 5] [Endurance lvl. 2] [Trap making lvl. 2] [Throw lvl. 1] [Thread mastery lvl. 4]
[Thread techniques lvl. 3] [Cutting enhancement lvl. 1] [Water walking] [Sonic step]
[Thread control lvl. 2] [Illusion resistance lvl. 1] [Upgraded thought process lvl. 1]
[Mental fortitude lvl. 8] [Humorless lvl. 1] [Luck of the heavens lvl. 1] [Light’s godly empowerment] [Energy storage]
[Mental processing lvl. 5] }
[Titles:]
{ [Fool] [Thread user] [Conqueror of labyrinth of soul] [Sinner]  }

I guess the blessings aren’t listed in appraisal results.

Okay now, what the hell is wrong with these ridiculous stats! I wasn’t even I three digits before, so how am I now reaching the four hundred? This isn’t a small buff, my strength nearly quadrupled! I am definitely a protagonist of a crappy story, aren’t I? This power isn’t something you get just like that, someone definitely made a mistake.

I though that my meeting with gods would just be an weird event in my life, that didn’t mean anything, but since I got that much of a power up, I couldn’t really shrug it off like that.

Also, I guess I will be evolving before setting out.

85