Ch. 32 – Evolution postponed
3.5k 9 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting past my anger management issues, a creepy guy’s visit and meeting some gods, I finally could evolve. I forgot where did I get my experience for level up, but it didn’t really matter that much. The only thing that mattered, was what I was going to choose.

[Possible evolutions:]
[Great albino Tarantula (young) ]
[???]

I guess I’ll evolve later, there is no way I’m evolving into a common species like that. Even in my mother’s nest I have seen Great tarantulas, and not in that small amount. They were just evolved spiders, with no special powers or anything. If something, I would want to choose next evolution of my weapon user tarantula, but it’s not listed.

Maybe I lack the skills needed to evolve further this way? Because if my current form is weapon user, I probably can’t evolve into for example a master, if I don’t actually master any weapon. My guess is, I need to raise my skills, to get more possible paths of evolution.

Just as I started wondering what to do first, something happened in the exact middle of the floor. Dark light began gathering there. I was giving off an ominous feeling, so I quickly let the girl down, and readied myself and my thread.

Something was about to appear. I just hoped it wouldn’t be any more of the gods, but I really had no input in this. After a couple of seconds, the light started forming a shape, and when it finally started resembling something, I froze.

I didn’t hesitate even a second, I swung my thread whip with all my force aiming at the monster that was about to appear.

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Instant kill lvl. 1] ]

The monster that almost appeared, was a rabbit. Probably the same I killed earlier, the illusion boss. I just couldn’t bear to fight with him again, not while he could just go invisible, and then go after my girl. But I didn’t really imagine, that my swing would be that much of an overkill.

The rabbit wasn’t just cut into two, it literally exploded. The scraps of meat and pools of blood were spilled everywhere. If that wasn’t enough the ground where the rabbit spawned was gouged. I’m sure that if my web was a bit more durable, the hole would be bigger, but this attack almost evaporated it.

Okay, I really became too strong for my skills and since I won’t be able to evolve until I do it, I really need to work at improving them. Let’s start with my web. I learned in relatively easy way, that bosses do respawn, so I have to take some countermeasures against this fact.

I think it should always spawn at the center, so spreading my web at close proximity, acting like a trap should do the thing, and stop it if it tries to do something if it manages to spawn without me knowing.

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Inferior spider web lvl. 4] ]

Here comes the first step. But my skills sure do grow slowly, I was using my web almost all the time since I was born, and it’s only level four now. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Trap making lvl. 3] ]

Oh, another welcome bonus. Come to think of this, I wasn’t using traps that much, but it has relatively high level comparing to the rest of my skills. Is there disparity in needed proficiencies for each skill?

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Prediction lvl. 5] ]

This one sure does level fast. It this the difference? I need to actually focus on the skills to get them? Because it was a bit long since last I got three skills in a row like that. Or maybe something happened when the system entered the debug mode?

Well, we will see. Now it’s the time to make a nest, since we will be staying here for a while. I plan to leave this place, when we will run out of food, or just before, because I don’t know when I will be able to kill a monster on the next floor.

I used a lot of web to make a new home for me and the cat, making even the floor out of it, so it came out really soft and comfy. It was literally one room surrounded by white walls, and a white roof, while also having a white floor. It was resembling the white space where I talked with gods a bit.

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Inferior spider web lvl. 5] ]

Okay, so it really depends on focus, or something actually happened to me. I wasn’t getting skills that fast before. It was a nice bonus, so I had nothing to complain about, but it was a bit weird. While having thoughts like that I finished the house, and looked at it with pride.

I looked back to see the face of the cat girl, that was behind me a second ago. I widened my eyes in shock, because nobody was there. I panicked internally, because she was rarely leaving my side. I was just hoping that a monster didn’t appear from outside.

And my hope was crushed, because in the distance I actually saw one. I had no idea what it was doing here, but somehow it appeared. It was a wolf, an actual wolf in this dungeon full of rabbits. I slashed at it in a hurry, decapitating it perfectly without even using a skill.

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Thread mastery lvl. 5] ]

This won’t help me now, I need to know where is my cat. I can’t believe I lost sight of her like that, and to make matters worse, somehow a monster was here. I was thinking about this place as a safe one, but the dungeon probably got tired of us staying so long in one place.

I wasn’t going to bend under the pressure, because just making a lot of traps around my newly made house would solve the problem of monsters, but what was more important, my cat was still missing. I was running around in circles, I literally searched every corner of the floor, but she was gone.

Then I heard her scream from inside the house.

84