Ch. 36 – Geniuses have it easy
3.1k 12 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Conditions fulfilled. Gained title [Merciless] ]

Hmm? Did I hear something? I’m not sure since I’m very busy with decapitating monkeys. This sure was gory, but I had to kill every one of them, or else I was at risk of them getting free. I probably wouldn’t be able to eat them all, and I wasn’t receiving any experience because my level was maxed, but this was something like a vermin slaying.

[Conditions fulfilled. Gained title [Monster slaughterer] ]

Oh, another one. This was taking a bit of time, and even if I wasn’t getting any experience, the cat girl should be leveling like crazy. Because I’m her tamed monster now, the experience should be distributed equally between us. Before she was getting only a fraction of it, which still gave her quite the power up, so now she will probably end up with level higher than mine.

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Thread mastery lvl. 6] ]

Thank you very much. Still, even if her level will be higher, this won’t mean that she will be stronger than me, since she is of inferior species to mine. Still, her race is pretty rare on this world according to my knowledge, and there should be only a couple of places where they live.

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Thread mastery lvl. 7] ]
[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Endurance lvl. 3] ]

Okay, I’m close to finishing here. The dinner will be a raw monkey meat. I feel bad thinking about having to eat monster meat again, since it tastes so bad that I was close to throwing up before I accustomed a bit, but since I wasn’t sure if I could feed it to the cat like that, I wanted to conserve the real food.

I finally finished my work, but now I had to do one more thing, that is I had to cover the pile of bodies with another layer of sticky webs. Monster could just use dead bodies to get over the trap area, so it would be dangerous if I didn’t fix this issue.

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Spider web lvl. 3] ]
[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Trap making lvl. 6] ]

Whew, that really took a long time. I’m so tired now I just want to rest. I returned to the house and saw the cat girl still playing without care in the world. I’m just doing all the work for her don’t I? I will have to start training her soon, because she’s becoming too lazy. But first let’s see how much she leveled up.

[White catkin]
[Lvl: 34/100]
[Status:]
{
HP: 96; MP: 174;
Strength: 77;
Intelligence: 164;
Agility: 170;
Vitality: 74;
Defensive ability: 96;
Offensive ability: 122;
}
[Skills:]
{ [Pain resistance lvl. 2] [Fear resistance lvl. 1] [Agility lvl. 4] [Evasion lvl. 1] [Inferior spider web lvl. 8] [Charm monsters lvl. 1]
[Yo-yo mastery lvl. 6] [Mana detection lvl. 4] [Mana manipulation lvl. 6]  [Concentration lvl. 4] [Energy manipulation lvl. 4]
[Nature’s gift lvl. 1] }
[Titles:]
{ [Slave] [Bath dodging genius] [Monster tamer] [Genius] [Skilled] }

I guess she’s gotten a bit stronger.

I have no idea how is she doing this. I was away for almost a day, but still in this relatively short amount of time, she managed to get that much skills, and even level them more than even I managed to. I don’t even know what some of these skills are.

Also, how did she manage to weaponize a yo-yo? It’s supposed to be just a toy, and yet she got a skill that made her better at fighting with it. Geniuses really have it easy, maybe I will make her train me? Because I don’t think I will be stronger than her for much longer.

Additionally, going by how much monsters I killed, and adding to it the fact that almost all of them were over level ten, her level was a bit too low. I mean she got half the experience from killing an army. She should be over level forty now. Maybe the answer lies in her skills, let’s appraise the ones that I don’t have.

[Energy manipulation lvl. 4]
{Ability to process the energy gained from killing monsters into things other than experience and status values. Makes leveling up skills possible and also makes it easier to acquire them. With enough skill, it’s possible to redirect some of the status values into others.]

I have to stop getting surprised by her every time. She’s just a cheater. I can’t believe gods made a skill like that. It’s just plainly overpowered. But it’s probably very hard to use too, just how much of a genius she is?

She looked at me with happy eyes, her tail almost wagging and hugged my leg. She was too cute for me to believe, that this little thing is getting ridiculously strong. If I had to fight her before my power spike I probably would have lost.  Now show me the second one of these skills.

[Nature’s gift lvl. 1]
{As an ally of the nature itself, the user receives energy from it in form of getting expanded mana capacity and increased intelligence, as well as increased affinities to four main attributes.]

Okay, so she’s going to be a yo-yo wielding mage. That’s so ridiculous that I wanted to laugh, but for some reason, the vision wasn’t really that unimaginable. I mean she got that strong in practically one day, so what would happen if she got more time? Of course she would probably surprise the world itself.

I wonder if I even have to train her now.

80