Ch. 37 – I lost my balls
3.2k 11 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, my cat was a genius, so the time I intended to spend on training her reached almost zero, since she would pick up way more skills on the way than from learning from me. I was actually jealous at how easily she was getting results.

I just wanted to return to my house and lay on the pile of web balls that I made. They made a surprisingly comfy bed after all. Since I was already tired I decided to actually do that and headed to the room I left them.

But then I got shocked with what I saw. A black light was enveloping all of my thread, a literal black light that I had no idea how to describe. They started to shine, and then just disappeared inside this light, my comfy bed just gone.

Well, that was just my thread so that wasn’t a big lose, but I really was looking forward to laying on them. I guess I’m a bit angry, but if I ever want a bed like that, I can do better than just making hundred of thread balls.

A small glint in the place of disappeared balls caught my eye. There was something small and shiny in their place left on the ground. When I got closer I identified the source of the shine as a two golden rings embed with blackish gemstones. I guess I didn’t lose them for free, but what was with the rings for a spider, I don’t need them.

But maybe they have some stat boosting function, and I can give them to the cat? Let’s check.

[Shadow item box]
{Allows storing of items inside the wearer’s shadow. The capacity of the shadow depends on the mana pool and its size.}

That’s fairly brief. Also fairly useful. I didn’t really need things like that when travelling alone, but now that I have a companion it might come in handy. Only thing I could store before was actually food, but I always hunt monsters anyway, so it wasn’t that needed.

Now I could store the clothes, weapons and cat food inside, and since there were two of them the space we could use wouldn’t be probably that small. One question is, just how am I going to wear it, since I don’t really have fingers.

Let’s just try fitting it on one of my front limbs, and see if it doesn’t fall. I tried it on, and to my surprise, it fit perfectly and felt like it was actually glued, so there wasn’t really any risk of losing it. I liked this over the thread balls, so my anger at their disappearance was completely gone.

The cat girl came inside and saw what I was doing, tilting her head questioningly. I then gestured her so give me her hand, and when she did I placed the ring on her finger. I’m not proposing to her okay? I just gave her a gift that I got for selling my thread. I think it was like that since it just disappeared and the rings appeared in its place.

She was happy, and that was all that mattered. Her smile was so beaming that I thought it was going to blind me. This [Charm monsters] skill really was annoying, or was it just her natural charm? I had no idea, but it worked on me anyway. Wait, I can’t let myself be controlled just like that.

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Charm resistance lvl. 1] ]

That’s better. I won’t become someone’s pet, I’m a spider princess so I’m above all of the charmers. I like the sound of these words a bit too much, because I started to use them more often. Maybe I just miss the comfy nest? I didn’t spend much time there, but it was the best time of my life, to actually be with my mother.

Having a mother is the best thing in the world, and nothing can change my mind. I like my cat, but I still like my mother better. I’m starting to deviate from my aim, so let’s stop thinking about comfiness, and more about how to get stronger.

Since all of my siblings died as soon as they left the nest, I think I was very lucky to actually be able to reach it. But the humans seemed strangely reluctant to attack me. Their aim with the gun was fair too off for someone who should be experienced with it, so unless he was just training to use it, he missed on purpose.

Something wasn’t adding up. If what the caped guy said, if my mother didn’t appear I would be dead by now, but I didn’t really feel like they wanted to kill me. Maybe they were different people? Oh? I think my inner library just woke up and has some information for me.

Just from where do I know all this? I would understand if this was a skill containing a lot of knowledge, but the thing I just learned now is just straight up personal memory of someone. I remember a sword, completely white one, said to be made of albino spider that was supposed to be a weapon for a hero.

I even knew where it was stored, inside of one of the larger cities, in academy supposed to teach its future defenders, known to be a place where heroes came from. I even know how the guy wielding it now looks like, and I don’t like this fact.

Because this guy was the one I knocked out first when I attacked humans for the first time. He was actually wielding a sword back then, the one made out of my sibling. Why didn’t I kill him. Why did I let him live. I should just obliterate them all.

And my anger again passed as suddenly as it appeared. It was probably the cat girl laid to sleep beside me, and I felt her warm skin pressed firmly to me. It was strangely calming. I decided to leave these things for future me, and just felt asleep along with my girl.

But know this Arthur, I’m going to find you and I’ll get the sword back.

75