Ch. 39 – Memories
3.4k 28 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I'm grateful for the generosity :D

After laying comfortable in the bedroom like room I was ready to choose my evolution. Out of curiosity I checked the [???] option again, but it still gave the same error about lacking energy.
I made sure that my traps were fully functional before, and my cat girl isn’t that weak anymore, so it should be safe to evolve now. Let’s do it then, [Albino spirit spider] I choose you!

Wait, why is nothing happening? I waited for a couple of seconds, and then a sudden wave came. It wasn’t pain, at least not the physical one, and yet I felt like I was at death doorstep. It hurt, it massively hurt, no pain I experienced before could compare.

And yet my body didn’t change even a bit, and because of this fact, there was no way for it to ache in any way, so what was it that I was feeling? I felt my entire being rearrange itself, break apart and then unite again. This cycle of destruction was making me crazy, my mind was about to snap, when I saw a sudden explosion of images.

I literally found myself in unfamiliar place. Surrounded by black void with millions of stars in the distance. Like a starry sky, but all around me. For a moment I was lost why I was there, but it was then when she appeared.

A white woman, with white skin, white hair and white clothes. But her eyes were in a beautiful shade of red. She was looking at me, with no expression. No words came out of her mouth, she was just looking at me.

Another change in scenery. This time I was at a large forest. It wasn’t anything like the one where I was born, it was brighter than a grassy plain at noon. I had no idea how it was possible, but it just was in this forest. After a moment I noticed another difference in this forest, namely the unnatural silence that possessed it.

The only living things in this forest were the plants, there was no animals, no monsters or even insects. It was the perfect example of untainted nature, and yet it felt unnatural, as if it was just incomplete. But how could a forest be incomplete? Even if devoid of life, it would be just a strange forest, so what was this weird feeling I had?

Then the white woman appeared again. She held something in her hands, something almost as big as one of her hands. She visibly held a lot of affection to this thing, seeing her hold it so close to her chest. Only after she set it on the ground I saw what it was.

It was an egg, and what surprised me was that it most likely belonged to a spider. After she left it on the grass, she started doing something I had no explanation for. Beautiful white light gathered in her hands, then flew up and froze mid-air. It was shining with blinding brilliance, but for some reason I could watch it just fine.

Then without any warnings it split. A biggest part of it, but still smaller than before remained white, but there were two more now. I couldn’t really tell what color they were, but one would be close to grey, while the second one would remind me of orange.

Creation, knowledge and creatures, that’s what popped up in my mind. For some reason I knew that these were the essences of those. But what did it mean? They were doing something again. A glitter like substance began to seep from them, and onto the egg.

It started to crack, and finally hatched. I knew the spider that came out, it was definitely my mother. But she was so small, was this how she was born? But the gods said that they were the ones who created her. Were these balls of light gods? If so, who was this woman who created them so casually?

And wouldn’t this mean my mother was as old as gods of this world? It was just plain impossible, so there was probably something else going on, but I just could figure out what. Oh, something was happening again, these lights started shining stronger and stronger and in seconds their light covered what seemed to be the whole forest.

When it finally ended, I could hear voices, a lot of them at that. These were voices of nature, of animals, insects and even plants. The forest came to life thanks to this light enveloping it. It didn’t have this unfinished feeling now, it was just a plain forest. But the animals that appeared were different from the monsters I knew that supposedly were based on the extinct species.

Maybe this wasn’t exactly my world? Maybe it was a parallel universe? I had simply no idea what was going on, and why I was seeing these images in my evolution process. Something fishy was going on, and I had a hunch that maybe this weird caped individual from before did something to me, but I had no way of checking that.

The scenery changed again, and as soon as it did I felt the urge to vomit. A thick miasma was in the air, enveloping everything in sight. For some reason I felt anger rising inside of me, but it felt a bit alien, as if it didn’t really came from me.

I saw the forest from before, reduced to ash, with black fires raging everywhere. Death was the only word that could be used in this situation as it was spread up to the horizon. I then saw that woman again, with her closed stained, with tears in her eyes and face twisted in anger.

It was a painful sight, but then I saw what was she looking at. Evil, the pure evil, because no other word could explain it. This thing, which resembled a pure black human covered in black flame, with horns on it’s head and pitch black wings.

Reality seemed to bend close to his silhouette, as if he was sucking it into himself. I instinctually knew, that he was devouring it. One whose name was forgotten long before this world came to exist, the devourer of reality, destroyer of worlds. The Devil itself.

They were facing each other, and with just the power of their stares, they were disrupting the fate. I had no idea what happened there, but I kind of knew what was going to happen. The white woman who was protecting her world made an action, and while I though it wouldn’t surprise me much, after what I saw her do before, she still managed to freeze my breath.

She gathered so much power, that already damaged reality started to crack even further. This wasn’t mana she was using, it was her life itself. This whole world didn’t contain as much energy, as she used just in this one attack.

But she didn’t fire it at the devil, instead the waves started spreading from her hands enveloping the world. I could see the cracks disappear, and the devil struggle to escape from them. It didn’t seem as they were hurting him, but he was scared, the one who devoured countless worlds was scared.

Finally the reality was restored, and what happened after it again just made me shocked. The devil was compressed into a black light, which then flew into the woman’s body, making her flinch in pain. She lifted her hands, and yet another wave enveloped the world, but this one was different in nature, and was more like an alteration spell than the repairing one.

Then she shattered. In the same way that glass figure would if dropped on the floor, she just shattered. And with that I could feel the world scream in sorrow, and the fate break itself into thousands possible outcomes.

After it, darkness. This was another vision, not related to the previous ones, I saw a man with a spider egg, in his laboratory, trying to do something. I already knew this vision, the light came out of him, and flew into the egg, which was the same end as before.

Just one thing was different. I saw the soul inside the egg, fragmented and about to collapse. When the light entered the shell, it split too. It was a soul that came out of the man, entering another one which was in dire need of repairs. Most of his soul was immediately devoured by the fragments inside, but a small part remained.

It was divine in nature, and he probably received it from a god, since he wasn’t one. The broken fragments started gathering around it, sticking together, forming a malformed, but rather stable soul. This was my soul.

Then I was back. I was in my home, laying on the webs, and my girl was sleeping beside me. I was back. Just what were these visions? Memories? But whose? Who was this nameless observer whose eyes I was using.

[Soul collapse successfully stopped]

What? Wait, I could swear that I saw that caped guy for a second, did he have something to do with what I saw? Was he about to destroy my soul? Or was it the other way around and he actually saved me? AAAAA! So many questions and so few answers.

[Gained skills as an evolution bonus:]
{ [Spirit form] [Ethereal thread lvl. 1] [Transform spirit lvl. 1] }
[Releasing energy storage: Gained 24 levels]

Wow! That’s big, and my appearance shouldn’t be that different since apart from a giant surge in strength from all these levels I didn’t feel anything new about my body. But there was one thing bothering me, when I looked at my limb it changed colors, it wasn’t pure white anymore and now had some hints of blue in it.

This was one overwhelming experience, but at the end of the day, I just got a bit closer to being able to stay alive no matter the odds. I didn’t care whose memories I saw, even if they were real, I knew that they were the past. I had my own things to worry about, and I wouldn’t let some weird visions make me question my aims.

87