Ch. 40 – Experiments
3.3k 9 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now for the appraisal results.

[Albino spirit spider (Young)]
[Lvl: 24/30]
[Status:]
{
HP: 814; MP: 1420;
Strength: 632;
Intelligence: 912;
Agility: 758;
Vitality: 796;
Defensive ability: 555;
Offensive ability: 555;
}
[Skills:]
{ [Greater appraisal] [Weak poison lvl. 4] [Inferior spider web lvl. MAX] [Spider web lvl.3]
[Fear resistance lvl.2] [Surpass limits lvl. 1] [Faint resistance lvl. 1] [Poison resistance lvl. 2]
[Mental resistance lvl. 2] [Prediction lvl. 5] [Endurance lvl. 3] [Trap making lvl. 6] [Throw lvl. 1]
[Thread mastery lvl. 7] [Thread techniques lvl. 3] [Cutting enhancement lvl. 1] [Water walking]
[Sonic step]  [Thread control lvl. 3] [Illusion resistance lvl. 1] [Upgraded thought process lvl. 1]
[Mental fortitude lvl. 8] [Humorless lvl. 1] [Luck of the heavens lvl. 1] [Light’s godly empowerment] [Energy storage] [Mental processing lvl. 5] [Instant kill lvl. 1] [Concentration lvl. 1]
[Mana detection lvl. 1] [Mana manipulation lvl. 1] [Charm resistance lvl. 1] [Bond] [Spirit form] [Ethereal thread lvl. 1] [Transform spirit lvl. 1]    }
[Titles:]
{ [Fool] [Thread user] [Conqueror of labyrinth of soul] [Sinner] [Merciless] [Monster slaughterer] }

WOW.

Just WOW. If that’s not overpowered, then I don’t know what is. These unique monsters are pretty dope. Having these weird flashbacks wasn’t that bad of a price if I my stats rose that much. They were confusing sure, but I didn’t feel like they were concerning me that much, so I think I can just ignore them for now.

But just looking at these stats made me feel good. I mean I started in lower two digits and now I broke the barrier of four, even if it was just for mana. Wait, why mana if I didn’t even use it that much? What do I need it for if I’m not a mage? Don’t tell me I got an evolution focused on magic, without even being able to use it.

I could feel and control mana a bit, and also used it to control my threads, but there was simply no way to dry my mana pool with just these. Did I just fail spectacularly by rushing my evolution? I want to bury myself in a hole now.  But wait, there might be a chance that the new skills I got can use up my mana.

Let’s try the [Ethereal thread] first since it sounds cool. I tried making a single one of these, and somehow I failed. Not completely, since I did produce a thread, but I was unable to even touch it, let alone hold it.

It just fell the moment I made it, and sank into the ground lost forever. The bright side (I want to think so) it used my mana, so at least I have a way to drain it. Maybe I will get some useful skills connected to it later. I don’t even know what for, but having some skills related to decreasing mana usage would at least count to having more of skills overall.

I can’t come up with any real excuse for why I’ve chosen this form. I have no words for my defense. Alright, let’s try the other skills I’ve got, because I don’t want to cry yet. [Spirit form] Activate!

Okay I didn’t really think this through, because as soon as I activated the skill I sank into the floor. Thankfully I didn’t fall to the previous floor thanks to some mysterious forces stopping me, but still I was now partially submerged in a solid rock.

Good news was I found the ethereal thread I dropped earlier. It seems as I can only hold it in my spirit form, but now that I saw that it just passes through everything, I had no idea how could I use it in combat. I mean wouldn’t it just pass right through any monster without harming it?

Also, couldn’t I do anything about this being halfway submerged in stone thing? I probably had to find out why I didn’t sink all the way to get it. Let’s try doing it with my mana detection, since the spirit form should be connected with mana.

Because my skill level was low, the process was slow, but I was steadily scanning the thing that I was standing on. This was actually not surprising, but the sheer amount of mana that was condensed in this floor was so overwhelming that it was stupid. I mean this amount would probably be able to blow up an army of spiders or humans whole.

But since it was like that, I couldn’t pass through, because I was “bouncing off” it. When I focused more, I sensed that this mana was present in the whole floor, but in varying amount. I tried redirecting more of my mana to my feet, to imitate the effect of getting repelled by the stronger force.

Oh, I had some reaction, namely, I couldn’t lift my limbs up now since I got blocked by the weaker mana of the surface rock. So it really works that way huh? It’s kind of interesting that different manas with different concentration repel each other.

I think that if I had enough mana to achieve similar level of concentration as the one deeper in the rock, I could probably go to the next floor without using the stairs. But that would only concern me, and I would have to leave the cat so it was a thing out of question.

I reduced mana in my limbs to the normal level, then took the front out of the rock and increased the mana in them again. I actually managed to stay on the ground, and using this strategy, soon I was on a normal level again. It was an interesting experience.

But wait, there is mana in the air too, but I was unable to tell exactly if it was actually concentrated or not. If I could pinpoint the level of concentration, could I walk on air? Could I actually fly using this method? It would be only in a spirit form, but this vision was certainly an attractive one.

Then, without any warning, my spirit form dispelled, returning my body back to solid. When I checked, I saw my mana pool completely empty. Sooo, did I just dodge getting stuck in solid rock by a hair’s breadth?

[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Luck of the heavens lvl. 2] ]
[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Mana detection lvl. 2] ]
[Proficiency reached. Gained skill [Mana manipulation lvl. 2] ]

76