Ch. 41 – Skipping floors
2.9k 11 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Okay, now that the tests are complete, I can finally think about what I saw. I am sure I was just watching everything from the side, so it’s impossible that these memories belonged to someone included in them. That was a bit disappointing, since this white lady was really beautiful, and definitely connected to albino tarantulas.

But she wasn’t me. I am a little spider born in a shack located in the middle of a scary forest, there’s no way that I would have something to do with a godly persona like that. I didn’t see how I could be connected to any other participant of these memories, so they had probably nothing to do with me.

But why did I see that? I evolved into a spirit spider, so it probably has something to do with the soul, which is my only lead. Maybe these memories belong to my soul? But who was this person that watched everything from the side? To start with, were these even mine?

I was pretty sure a smoke was coming out of my head from the overthinking, and for some reason, I heard a giggle. I looked to my side, and saw the girl stifling her laugh. Wait, is there really a smoke coming out?! Ahh, she must have seen how I nearly got stuck in the ground, and that’s probably what made her laugh.

I picked her up and sat her on my back. Now that I evolved we no longer had a reason to stay in this place. All of our belongings were already stored in the rings, so we didn’t really have to pack. She knew what I had in mind, and she wasn’t really doing anything either to stop me or to hurry me up.

She waited for my decision, which I have to say wasn’t that easy to make. Sure this place wasn’t that pretty, but it had abundance of food in for of monsters, that were just swarming my traps, and had a comfortable house which I just built.

I spent here most of my life actually, so I was kind of reluctant to leave, but we had to move on. This dungeon wasn’t place for the girl to live, even if I could do just fine. If a monster managed to get past my traps, she could probably fend it off, but if an army like previous monkeys attacked, and my traps failed, we would be screwed.

I knew that the dungeon master didn’t really like us staying there, because this floor would normally be an illusion one, and for some reason a lot of monsters not related were appearing. I couldn’t really interpret this as anything else than “You have to go”.

Finally, I made up my mind and went to the stairs, and with that I finally left the floor that I spent almost a month at. It had a lot of good memories, mostly related to the cat girl, but it really was time to move.

And move we did.

Fourth floor was a large and bright forest with some small rabbits. We stocked up on fruits, defeated another rabbit boss, and went up again.

Fifth floor was a grassland a gain, just the grass was lower, and I didn’t have to trim it. There wasn’t really anything there, so again we just moved on after rabbit boss.

Seventh floor, a swamp, we left as soon as we could, the rabbit was a bit dirtier than usual.

Eighth floor, lake valley, another rabbit, another quick floor.

Ninth floor, another forest, full of giant rabbits, boss was even bigger.

And finally the tenth floor. It took about a week to get there, and I was getting bored out of my mind having just these small fry to fight. After the fifth floor I just left everything to the cat, since I was going crazy with all these rabbits coming at me.

I swear when I meet this dungeon master I’m going to have a hard time not slashing them with how annoying these rabbits were. It was pretty funny for a joke when placed on the lower floors, but having them everywhere was just horrible.

I mean I had to kill cute rabbits…

I swear, if the boss of the tenth floor is another rabbit, I’m going to do something I will probably regret in the future. The only good thing was that I gained some skills, and the cat some levels. I don’t even want to talk about her skills, because I’ll explode with jealousy at how easily she’s getting them.

I mean she already reached the [Yo-yo high mastery lvl. 3], and she even started using magic. I was pretty surprised then she shoot this icicle from nowhere. But she managed to confirm that the incantations weren’t really needed when casting, so if I tried I could use it too.

If my attribute was correct I mean. But since I was too strong for these floors anyway, I had no need to learn magic for now. If I really wanted to do it, I would start when monsters stopped getting one-shoted. It was no fun to use it if it didn’t really have any meaning.

Okay, so now we are at the tenth floor, it’s definitely different from the rest. Instead to just empty space, all I can see are the huge wooden door blocking our way. Since it’s the tenth one, I guess one of the main bosses of this dungeons awaits us.

I hope it will give me at least a small thrill. I think I’ve gotten a bit too strong, but the future will show, if that’s really the case.

74