Chapter 7: Deep breaths
30 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: Deep breaths

 Breath in, hold, breath out. What do you think I am doing? Rethinking my life, and trying to open my Chakras? No, I am trying to keep the contents of my stomach inside my stomach.

 God, this bus comes straight from Hell. There is this one man that talks loudly with the person in front of him, which breaks my meditative state every time I close my eyes. 

The assistant of the driver goes down the length of the bus, to speak with Mister Loud again. It won't work. The stench of beer comes from that side of the bus. I don't want to sound like a racist, but that is where the Roma are congregating. 

 Racist. I hope you out yourself as a vampire! - killyourself89.

The beer fumes are going through my nose, making me even more noxious. I feel like I am going to redecorate the seat next to me. My neighbor seems to think the same because he stands up, and moves towards the driver. Soon, the bus comes to a halt in the middle of nowhere, and I rush to the front, and out. 

The fresh air is like a balm for me. I bent over, and begin to heave. I don't want to barf. What if killyourself89 is right, and I barf out blood? I think I am in Romania now. Near a village. Don't they stake their dead, just in case that they come back as vamps in this country? 

That is an old practice. Hey, doofos, place your phone down, and barf! - killyourself89.

I pocket my phone, and then the liquid comes out of my mouth. It is not red at all. Tears of relief go down my cheeks. The smell of barf makes me heave a couple of times, before the translator woman from before goes to the door, and hands me a bottle of water. 

"Thank you," I manage, and see that my shoes are now covered in barf. I cringe, and wash myself and my shoes to the best of my ability. The driver glares at me, when I go back to my seat.

I nod at my neighbor, and close my eyes. When I wake, the bus stops again, and this time I think we are at the border of a country. I turn towards my neighbor, and smile. 

"Where are we?" I ask, and he blinks at me. 

"Romanian border," he tells me, and I blink at him. 

"Wait, weren't we in Romania already, when I felt ill?" I ask him, and he nods. With that, the conversation is over with. 

That means no, retard. Bulgarians nod for no, and shake their heads for yes.- killyourself89. 

I blink again. Wait, what? How is this possible? Do they want to be separated from the rest of the world? So, we are just about to enter Romania? I decide not to bother my neighbor anymore, and look around. It is so dark; I can barely see anything. Still, the buildings look like relics from the Communist Block. 

The bus starts again in exactly five hours. We were stuck in there for five hours. This is the longest I have ever waited for border control. Anyway, with the turning of the wheels, my nausea comes back.

 My neighbor hands me a plastic bag, and distances himself from me as much as he can. Such nice people, the Bulgarians are. Ready to help, as long as the barf doesn't land on them. 

I feel someone kicking my seat, just as I begin to dose off. I turn around, and see a boy, at about five years of age, kicking the back of my seat. His mother is fast asleep.

The hell spawn smiles at me, and then kicks the seat extra hard. I turn around. No need to make scenes. The boy is going to give up, when he gets tired. Besides, I don't want to wake up the woman over this. 

One hour later, and now I and the kicking feeling in my back are one. Kick, pain, kick, more pain. Finally, I can't take this anymore, and I poke my neighbor.

"Can you please tell the kid behind me to stop kicking my seat?" I ask him, and he stands up. My neighbor doesn't bother with the kid. He straight up wakes up the spawn's mother, and she begins to yell at her offspring. Then, the water works begin, from the kid, I mean, not from the woman, and then I hear a slapping sound. 

The assistant is by them in an instant. I hear her whisper something, and then she pulls out a lollipop from her pocket, and hands it to the little devil. The tears stop, I hear snoring sounds, and then the only person left to make noise in the bus is Mister Loud. Yes, that man still goes on and on. Just how interesting is his life, to be able to speak about it for hours to no end? Is he a vampire, that he doesn't have to sleep?

Anyway, him, I can ignore. I relax in my seat, and then dose off. The next time I wake up, we are in another border. 

"Where are we, sir?" I ask my neighbor, only to see that he is no longer next to me. I blink at that. The bus is half-empty at this point. So, I stand up, and go to the assistant. 

"Excuse me, Miss, but where are we?" I ask the woman, and she just smiles at me for a while. 

I repeat the question, and she pulls out her headphones from her ears. Didn't see them in the start because her long hair covered them. I repeat my question for the third time, and she answers this time.

"Romanian-Hungarian border, sir," she tells me, and I decide to go back to my seat. I chance a look behind my seat, and see that the mother and son duo are gone. With a smile, I decide to catch some more shut-eye. Then, just as I begin to dream about pink hens dancing the tango with orange roosters, I hear the screeching of tires, and the world tips to the side.    

3