Chapter 0046: Instant Dungeon
1.1k 4 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking around Masashi saw nothing but trees. The forest was well-lit but had very little visibility.

“Let’s get our weapons out. I don’t know what kind of monster we’ll run into.” Masashi says pulling out a pair of titanium katanas while Mai pulls out a pair of titanium shortswords.

Masashi made these weapons himself as he is planning to create different artifacts and tools that he can power using Mana.

The next world that he’s planning to go to is the perfect place to learn things about artifact creation.

As Mai and Masashi take out their weapons, utilizing their [Perception LVL 198] skill to the maximum they notice a monster approaching them in the range of 50 meters.

They have each other’s thoughts down perfectly as they both turn in the same direction and start walking away from each other, to have one of them act as bait and the other ambush the monster.

10 seconds later a large 5 meters tall bear came into view, running toward Mai on all fours at full speed.

The moment it got close enough, it lunged at Mai.

Mai was able to easily perceive its movements and she ducked under it as the bear jumped over her head.

The moment the bear landed on the ground, Masashi was already in front of it as he tried to cut off the bear’s head.

The bear was able to slightly react as it turned its body and instead got a nasty gash on its shoulder.

It turned to Masashi and roared at him due to its agitation but it left itself wide open as Mai just stabbed it in the heart, letting it bleed to death.

“I guess they’re not that smart, huh?” Masashi said.

“It’s not a fantasy dungeon, we don’t really have any fancy powers since there’s no Mana.”

“Yeah. Either you have a developed enough brain to be smart or enhance it using external energy like Mana. These monsters are in the end just mutant animals that are a little bloodthirsty.”

“Let’s spend a few hours exploring and clearing the place, we’ll rest up after that. What do you say?”

“As you wish, bunny.”

The duo spent the next few months within the dungeon as they kept fighting different kinds of monsters together.

After all these years both Mai and Masashi looked very different. Masashi kept some stubble on his face and his hair was messy with a few little locks at one side of his neck. Apparently, Mai watched it in a movie and thought it was a cool Viking tradition. So, now Masashi also keeps some of his outgrown hair at the side tied up in locks. His body was basically the perfect body possible due to the system’s influence. Even if he never worked out or anything, he would’ve still developed his current musculature. Although he’s unprecedently strong, he isn’t bulky and can still be considered lean with a good amount of compact muscle.

Mai on the other hand didn’t really change that much, she still likes wearing that bunny clip every once in a while. Her face has grown more defined and lost most of its baby fat, making her look much sexier. Her body on the other hand doesn’t have any showy muscles and is smooth like porcelain. After Masashi’s constant kinky sex habits through the years, she’s developed in the chest and butt area too.

At this point, their current looks are what they’ll be looking like forever since [Gamer’s Body] brings the body to the peak shape and pauses it at that point.

They couldn’t go out until they finished at least one of the objectives so they had to be extremely alert all the time.

The place didn’t really have any safe zones or anything so they had to be ready to face a monster at any time.

Thankfully Masashi had already prepared for every possible scenario that he could think of and put a literal fully furnished cabin with everything they would need into his inventory.

He decided to do this since he didn’t want to stay outdoors with Mai for all the time that they were inside the dungeon, he liked sleeping on a bed.

Especially the sex. A few times would be fun and freaky. But all the time? That’s just uncomfortable.

The duo relied very much on the [Perception] skill as it had leveled up a lot in the past 7 years and got a heavy boost in levels in the dungeon due to the constant use of the ability.

This helped either of them to spot any incoming hostile from far away and take care of it before it even had a chance to reach the cabin.

After a week or so of being alert, the duo finally got used to the dangerous place and actually started enjoying the constant fights and danger as they had their own fun within the dungeon.

The dungeon’s environment was actually really beautiful and peaceful if we exclude all the bloodthirsty monsters in the place.

They slowed down the dungeon clearing as they decided to sightsee more and more places.

If anyone looked at them, they’d think that the duo was on a fucking sightseeing trip with how laid back they were acting, but they were both constantly alert, it’s just that they were used to it so it was not a big deal anymore.

The monsters seemed to have gotten infuriated at them in the second week, since they were acting so laid back and sightseeing most of the time, exploring the map instead of confronting the monsters.

Masashi and Mai attracted an entire horde of monsters with hundreds as they used their cold weapons to fight them with relish.

A few hours later Mai and Masashi can be seen in the middle of piles and piles of monster bodies, with both of their clothes torn up in many places from some of the stronger monsters that were able to scratch them and hurt them.

It wasn’t really a big deal since both of them had a monstrous regeneration rate and could fully recover all of their HP within seconds.

After that, they continued to go at the same pace that they were going and explored the forest completely.

After about a month they finally got the notification that their first objective was completed.

They had an idea where the boss monster was so they decided to go for that guy the last.

Then they spent the next month and a half going around, killing the monsters that they run into.

As the third objective was completed, they decided to go for the boss.

The monsters were actually leveled relative to them. As a result, both of them got plenty of levels from killing the monsters.

Masashi got around 60 levels and Mai went above and beyond as she increased her levels by 100 to match Masashi’s fighting prowess.

When they both finally killed the boss, Masashi got 5 levels and Mai got 15 levels as she was still lower level than Masashi.

[Dungeon Objectives:

1. Explore the Entire Dungeon Area. (100%)(Complete)

2. Find and Kill the boss in the central area. (Complete)

3. Kill all the monsters in this place. (Complete)

Rewards: +100 Levels Each, Mana Manipulation, Armor of Salvation, Armor of Damnation, 50x SP potion]

“Fucking Finally. We’ve been in this place for months.”

“To be fair, we could’ve been out much earlier if we weren’t sightseeing around all the time,” Mai says.

“Tsk. Let's check the stuff we got from this place.”

They both check each other’s statuses first.

{ <Status>

Name: Masashi

Age: 26

Class: The Gamer

Titles: N/A

Level: 405 (EXP 0%)

Race: [High Human]

HP: 1355/1355

SP: 1343/1343

MP: N/A (Current world does not have mana)

STR: 884

END: 884

DEX: 860

INT: 931

WIS: 915

CHA: 996

LUK: ???

Regen Rate: 4565 (Per Min)

Stat Points: 2025

}

{ <Status>

Name: Mai

Age: 26

Class: The Gamer’s Wife

Titles: N/A

Level: 358 (EXP 0%)

Race: [High Human]

HP: 1182/1182

SP: 1198/1198

MP: N/A (Current world does not have mana)

STR: 798

END: 783

DEX: 830

INT: 911

WIS: 897

CHA: ∞

LUK: ???

Regen Rate: 3915 (Per Min)

Stat Points: 1790

}

[Mana Manipulation LVL 0 (Dormant): Allows The Gamer to manipulate the mana in their body and use it for their myriad intents.]

[Armor of Salvation: A holy armor that has the ability to grow with The Gamer and brings many boosts that can be explored by The Gamer.]

It was a white armor with a slender design looking as if it was made for a woman. There is the faint silhouette of an angel on the abdomen of the armor as if signifying some kind of ability.

[Armor of Damnation: An armor of punishment and damnation that can be used to haunt enemies for eternity. It can grow with The Gamer.]

It was a direct contrast to the previous armor and was pitch black in color and had a robust build to it. There was similarly the faint silhouette of a typical devil in its abdomen.

Both of those armors were basically the antithesis of each other.

“Fuck you’re getting close to me.”

“That’s gonna teach you to not slack off, lest I beat you up.”

“That’s never gonna happen. You love me too much to beat me up.”

“Whatever. Should we bind these armors?” Mai says as she rolls her eyes.

“Yeah, let's do it,” Masashi says and hands Mai the [Armor of Salvation] to bind to herself as he himself held the [Armor of Damnation] to bind it to himself.

After a few minutes, both the armors disappear from their hands as they appear on their bodies.

With a thought Mai makes it disappear as the armor becomes invisible while still staying on her body without even letting her know that it exists.

Masashi did the same thing.

“Should we leave for the next world or do you want to meet your mom once more before we leave?”

“I already said my goodbyes and told her that we’ll be going off the grid for a while. Meeting her again will only make it difficult for me to leave.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll be back in at most a few years. We can actually return to this place whenever we want.”

“Let’s go.” Mai just hurries Masashi a little since she’s excited about going to the new world.

Masashi doesn’t reply and uses the world travel ability to go to the world of [Tortus] from [Arifureta].

There’s a provision that can take him to whatever point in time he wants to go, but only for the first time, he goes to a world.

This is because once he goes to a world using this world travel ability, he forms a connection that works as an anchor point to that world.

The 10-year cooldown is due to this anchor being a problematic thing to cast.

Masashi chooses to open the portal to the point when the other high schoolers were also being summoned to that place, which is basically the beginning of the plot of that story.

The portal takes about an entire minute to form as it takes a green color.

It looks like a portal that came out of Rick and Morty as Mai and Masashi held each other’s hands tightly and slowly and anticipatingly walked into the portal.

39