Chapter 93: Tower Defence (2)
1.5k 5 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read up to 15 chapters ahead: https://www.patréon.com/SlyOW

-------------

[Sukaina's POV]

I had guessed in my attacks that the Jinchuriki of Nibi possessed some way to detect danger as she was even faster than any sensor in detecting my attacks, yet she seemed completely unaware of my position as long as I didn't attack.

So I hid any hint of killing intent or violence as I approached her and Shisui. Arriving not far behind her, my eyes crossed with Shisui's, and I could see his Sharingan turning into a Mangekyou. However, I could also see he had spotted me, so as he spoke, I attacked.

I used a Shunshin Slash with the Gate of Opening opened, my fastest attack, and in an instant I was behind the Jinchuriki.

My blades moved towards her neck, and was close to taking her head off. However, right as my blade was about to connect, I saw a hint of blue appeared at her nape.

I didn't even have the time to think about what that was or what would happen that I automatically changed the course of my blade. Slightly modifying the angle, my blade instead went for the shoulder.

In the next instant, I arrived right next to Shisui, my sword back into its sheath. Looking back, I saw blue flames wildly explode out of her nape. However, her right arm was sent flying.

She screamed in pain, and I could see the hatred in her eyes. I only looked at her coldly though as I grabbed her arm, which was still in mid air, and quickly stored it into a scroll.

After a moment, she spate, "This isn't over!"

And with that, she fled away.

"Thank…"

I barely looked at Shisui, and dryly said, "Later."

He froze, and I turned to look at the army.

After a moment of reflexion, I decided to suddenly project my killing intent onto the army. The battlefield seemed to halt for a brief moment as many heads turned into my direction, and even with the distance, I could see several faces turn pale.

Then, I disappeared as I activated the Body Flicker.

Appearing in the middle of their army, several heads were sent flying as I once again disappeared. Shisui, despite being tired, was quick to follow me.

We carved a bloody path through the enemy army as we sped for the fortress, and quickly climbed it, cutting down anyone trying to go up as we did. Our soldiers on top of the ramparts let us pass as I finally saw the situation inside the fortress.

A good part of our ninjas had died, but the same could be said about our enemy.

Among those still standing, I could see Amai-Sensei, although he didn't look very good. He had been stabbed in the guts, and was losing a lot of blood. His opponent, C, wasn't in a much better situation.

While he was barely bleeding and constantly healing himself, it was obvious even from a distance that quite a few of his bones were badly hurt, probably broken for some.

Upon seeing me and Shisui, his expression changed as he quickly made several handsigns, and turned into a giant light that blinded everyone around.

"Retreat!!"

I heard C yell this as he fled past us. I did not move to stop him as he retreated, attracting a few gazes, which I ignored.

Some of our soldiers looked like they wanted to run after our defeated enemy, but Amai-Sensei yelled in a weak voice, "Stay in the fortress!"

The soldiers, who were feeling excited because of the unexpected victory, were abruptedly stopped. I looked around to see the devastation, while Amai-Sensei approached us Shisui and I.

Amai-Sensei patted my shoulder, making me flinch in pain as he asked, "Are you okay?"

I looked at him through the holes in my mask, and said, "I'll live. Surprisingly." I ignored his mad face and turned to ask Shisui what had been bugging my mind.

However, Shisui well understood my inquiry, and I didn't even have to ask as he said, "I found them both, and brought them to get treated. They should be fine…"

I felt relief wash over me. But as I did, I heard someone exclaim from nearby, "P-Please! N-not t-t-the Owl!"

I looked into the direction of the voice, and saw a wounded soldier from Kumo. As he saw me looking at him, he started struggling harder in the arms of the two soldiers carrying him. Those two were looking at me in respect.

I smirked beneath my mask and said nothing as I projected my full killing intent at the soldier. But to my surprise, I felt a sense of frenzy quickly rise inside me as I did that. My killing intent somewhat slipped out of my control as instead of focusing it on the soldiers, I spread it all around me.

The soldiers took several steps back, looking at me scared, so I quickly reigned it back in. There wasn't a need for it anymore anyway as the soldier had fainted.

Turning back to look at my old sensei and companion, I saw both of them looking at me worriedly, so I said, "I'm fine."

That did not seem to change their mind.

After a moment of silence, I said, "I need to go to the Summon World for a while, to heal from my injuries. Could you tell the Hokage that while I know…"

Amai-Sensei quickly cut me off, "Don't worry, take as long as you want. We will cover for you."

I nodded in thanks, before using the Reverse Summoning Jutsu.

As I did, I appeared in Yami Mountain with a cloud of smoke, right next to the Sacred Water Pool.

I started taking off my ripped uniform, slowly, as every move gave me pain. After a while, everything was off, revealing a largely burned body. Looking down at myself, I sighed.

Was this anyone else suffering these injuries, even with the best doctors they would look like a freak for the rest of their lives. I wasn't anyone though.

Currently, my body looked like Naruto's after he used Kyuubi's chakra mode for the first time, the red one where he has no control. Just like me, his body was severely burned, but he healed perfectly.

And I happened to be one of the few people capable of matching a Jinchuriki in term of healing prowess.

I entered the pool, and felt the Sacred Water flow into my pores to heal me. I got to the bottom of the pool, where I sat cross-legged, completely submerged.

Then, I activated the Gate of Opening, and to my surprise, there was an effect. I did not absorb more of the Sacred Water, but it felt like I was drawing even more Yang Chakra from each water drop. This was a welcomed surprise.

However, I hadn't opened the First Gate for this. Instead, after a few seconds, my chakra surged as I opened the Second Gate, the Gate of Healing. The moment I did, I felt like my body turned into a black hole as it began absorbing the surrounding Yang Chakra like a ravenous beast.

Finally, I started using my meditation technique at the bottom of the pool, thus using everything I had at hand to heal.

As time passed, I kept a close look on the changes my body were going through. Not only was I healing, I was also rapidly getting stronger. Moreover, I could feel my chakra already seeping in the Third Gate, a part of it already half opened.

I'm not sure of why, but when I opened the First Gate, the Second Gate half opened, and now that I opened the Second One fully, the Third One was also half opened.

Moreover, a half opened Gate of Life, the Third Gate, wasn't the same as the half opened Gate of Opening.

For the First Gate, it had allowed my senses to receive a boost, but the Third Gate was even better.

Not only were my senses increased even further, I could also feel my mind rapidly absorbing Yin Chakra. As a result, even though I was absorbing an absurd amount of Yang Chakra to heal myself, my chakra didn't tilt toward a Yin-Yang imbalance.

Moreover, I felt like I could open the Gate of Life if I gave it a push, but I didn't want to. I could keep the Gate of Opening open now because it is only painful when I move, but I didn't know if the same applied for the Gate of Life, so I did not try and open it.

73