Chapter 124: Isobu
1.3k 7 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read up to 15 chapters ahead: https://www.patréon.com/SlyOW

-------------

As I finished absorbing the Blood Essence from Yagura, I saw a small ball of light appear from his body, and slowly move my way.

Holding out my hand, I grabbed it, and upon a closer look, I was surprised to find this to be a miniature version of the Sanbi.

At the same time, Jashin came in with a timely revelation.

"Tailed Beasts more or less thoroughly merge with their host, which is why a Jinchuriki dies if their Tailed Beast is extracted. So when you absorbed Yagura's spiritual energy and vitality, you also pulled most of Sanbi's as well."

So that's where this stupendous amount of Blood Energy came from. To give perspective, I could feel that my Blood Energy had not only caught up to my Yin and Yang Chakra, it had even gone slightly ahead of them.

In other words, all I needed was to train my chakra a bit more, and I should be able to use Sage Mode. How exciting.

But a problem lingered in my mind, so I asked, "What happened to Sanbi, exactly?"

Jashin replied, "Tailed Beasts are basically spirits that are given forms through giant balls of chakra, making them essentially impossible to kill. When one is killed, it will be able to reincarnate after a short time. What you did though is probably the closest thing to killing a Tailed Beast is. Since you stole almost all of its spirit and vitality, it will take much longer to regain it's power."

I nodded slightly, and looked down at the miniature Sanbi with interest. It looked back at me, and spat out a small stream of water, but it did not even reach my face before it helplessly fell.

I chuckled, and to my surprise, it groaned. Interested, I asked, "You have something to say?"

Sanbi stood straight as it replied in a falsely confident voice, "I have nothing to say to a human."

I tapped it on the head and said, "That human has a name."

Sanbi looked away and huffed, "So do I."

I made it look at me, and smiled as I said, "Fine, then my name is Sukaina. What about you?"

Sanbi hesitated for a moment, before saying meekly, "Isobu…"

I lightly scratched him on the head, and asked, "Isobu, how about we get out of here?"

But Isobu tried jumping off my hand as he said, "I don't want to go with you!"

Tilting my head, I asked, "Why? If it's about being sealed, you don't have to worry for now, you wouldn't be of much use to anyone in your current state. Besides, even if you were at your full power, I wouldn't be able to seal you in me."

But that did not pacify the little beast as he said, "I already know that, I can feel that foul spirit in you! You must have a Sage in you! Tell him to fuck off!"

At the same time, Jashin asked, "Can I come out to speak to the little shit?"

I shrugged, and Jashin came out. The moment he appeared, he did so in the form of a cat. With a flick of his paw, he slapped Isobu on the head and said, "Is that how you speak to your elder!"

Isobu, who already looked a little scared, started shivering as he stuttered, "G-grandpa?!"

Say what?

Alright, I must be tired. It's fine, we all mishear from time to time.

"You little shit, who did you call a filthy spirit?"

Isobu replied, "I didn't mean you grandpa! I… I was talking about her killing intent! Nasty thing!"

I didn't mishear, did I?

While I was going through an existencial crisis trying to even fathom what I just heard, Jashin continued berating… his grandson. A Tailed Beast. Yes, a Tailed Beast…

"She doesn't even have any killing intent! Come here for a discussion!"

Jashin firmly grabbed the little turtle, and shoved him into my mind. I did not even care about how that was possible or if it could cause any problem as I stood there, looking at Yagura's body, feeling a little lost.

But one thing I did feel, was how fast my chakra was regenerating. Although so minor usually that I couldn't feel it, absorbing Blood Essence also slightly regenerated my chakra, with a very small part.

And because of how large Isobu's chakra was, I actually felt a chunk of my chakra return, like around a tenth, so enough for an S Rank Jutsu or two.

But it doesn't matter, I have more important things to think about. Unfortunately, some people decided to come to me with the worst timing in the world.

Six figures burst through the surrounding mist, all carrying a strange looking sword. I immediately recognized these people as the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, or rather six, considering Kisame was playing house with the Akatsuki.

They looked at me and Yagura's body in shock, and faced with six of the most dangerous Shinobi in the world, looking at me both with fear and hostility, all I had to say was, "I have more important things to do, so I accept your surrender."

There was a second of silence, before one of them replied, "You are alone, and…"

Frowning, I rubbed my temples as I still tried to process what I just heard, and said, "Look, I cast a Hiding in the Mist Jutsu over your ENTIRE village, and also killed your Hokage, who was the Jinchuriki of the Three Tails. And all that, without shedding a single drop of blood. Do you honestly think you can take me on?"

Well, I do admit taking them on wouldn't be so easy. I had had the jump on Yagura, and I killed him too quickly for him to use Isobu. So even though I was stronger than any of them individually, knowing my capabilities, I wasn't sure I could kill all six of them. However, I could leave, if I wanted.

But that wasn't what I wanted.

Seeing they were as battle ready as before, I added, "My forces are currently at the gate of your village, so you have two paths before you. You either try to attack me, and in the off chance you actually manage to hold me back, my forces exterminate your disorganized troops with ease, including civilians."

Thing about me is, no one really knows what I am capable of, except for me. Some underestimated me, others overestimated me, and this was done purposefully by me.

One of the first things I learned to do was to manipulate information in my favour, and like many times in the past, I was applying the lesson to a terrifying extent.

In my shoes, I only have a tenth of my chakra, I am psychologically shaken by what I just learned, and my troops only number 700. So if anything does go on, while we would win, it would be with heavy losses.

But for the other side, things were much scarier.

They were facing me, a foe of unknown strength, but whom had just killed their Mizukage while taking barely taking any damage, just after having cast a Jutsu over an entire village. Moreover, they believed I had a force of two thousand men under me.

So I think it was mostly because of this information gap that they lowered their weapons, and one of them said, "Speak your terms."

59