God?
1.4k 5 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Uhh, where am I?" said a confused voice as he sat up to take in his surroundings.

A vast expanse of white as far as the eye can see. Nothing but white flatness.

"Is this a dream?" he said standing up and looking around.

Wanting to check if it was a dream, he pinched his face and shook his head around vigorously to get the blood flowing. Taking a look around again, he saw nothing had changed.

"Okay, this is either a very, very vivid dream, or I've gone crazy. What's the last thing I did?" he said before he began to search his memories. To which he realized something.

"I can't remember! I don't remember anything?! What the hell is going on?" he yelled panicking. After all, who wouldn't panic when the only memories they have are the ones from seconds earlier?

RUMBLE

Hearing a rumbling noise coming from the sky, he raised his head to see what was going on, hoping to find some answers to his plight.

"Ahh!" he yelled covering his eyes.

"Oh, sorry about that. I forgot I have that on. Here let me fix that." said a different voice that came from the sky.

"Sorry about that again. Honestly, I'm a little embarrassed at such a mistake." said the voice with what seemed like shame in their voice.

"Ow! What the hell was that? And who are you? And why am I here? And who am I? Why can't I remember anything?" said the first voice in rapid succession. With his eyes now back to normal, he took a look towards the direction the voice came from and saw something he couldn't comprehend.

Standing on a golden cloud was a being made of pure light. It had no distinct form nor facial features, just a constantly changing being of light.

"Whoa, that's a lot of questions. Let's go one by one, shall we? The thing that blinded you was me. Sorry about that. I always forget to turn it down a notch when doing this. You wouldn't believe how many times that's happened." it said chuckling.

Not amused in the slightest, he just stared at the being with a deadpan expression.

"Ahem, tough crowd I guess. Anyway, back to your questions. Who I am will be left for later. As for why you are here, you died."

Shocked at the information, his jaw fell open.

"Dead?! How?!"

Putting on some glasses that appeared out of nowhere, before flipping through a folder of papers, it stopped at a page.

"Ah, here it is. Let's see. According to this, it says you died in the middle of playing a video game by the name of League of Legends. Apparently, you were in a ranked match before you got so angry that you gave yourself a heart attack. Interesting, that's the first time I've seen someone die by getting too angry at a video game.

Although quickly looking through what the game consists of and the player base, I'm actually more surprised you're the first. I don't know whether to call you lucky or unlucky." it said before the glasses and the file disappeared into thin air.

Now with clear confusion on his face, he was rubbing his chin trying to dig up some memories to corroborate what the being said.

"Oh right! You don't have your memories so you can't tell whether or not what I said was true. Again sorry about that, I'm all over the place today." it said before snapping its fingers.

On his knees clutching his head, a stream of memories entered his mind all at once. His entire life was being relived at breakneck speeds, right up until the moment he died.

"Holy shit, that was weird. So, you were right. I did die playing League. Damn, what a waste of life." he said.

On his face, there was clear sadness at reliving his life and seeing practically nothing of value. A life squandered on games and entertainment. If he had gotten a high rank at least that would've been some accomplishment worth noting, but he was only Platinum. And that was after a few years of grinding the game.

"So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell? Are you even God?" he asked the being of light.

"God? Oh yes, the omnipotent and omniscient being that your world believes created everything and rules over all. Well, I suppose you could call me God. After all, if I remember correctly I sent out avatars of myself all over for fun once. I think that's where your world created God from."

"Okay then, God. What happens now?"

"Well, now you're supposed to reincarnate."

"Whoa, seriously! As in reincarnating like in anime? Where I get to live out my fantasies in a medieval world full of elves, dwarves, and beast people?" he asked excited at the prospect of a new and interesting life.

After all, once he got his memories back, he not only saw how little there was to note about his life, but he also remembered how bored he was with his world. Nothing as exciting as the fantasy and fiction he dove into. No magic, no elves, no nothing. That's why he shut himself off from the world. Because fiction was more exciting than the real world. And the chance to live out his wildest dreams was more than he could ever hope for.

"Yes and no." said the being tamping down his excitement.

"Then how?"

"You don't get to choose where you reincarnate. You spin a wheel with a lot of different choices and what you get is what you get."

"So I could still get a world of elves and beast people, right?"

"Yes."

"I just have to be lucky?"

"Yes."

"Can I spin more than once?"

"No."

"What if I don't like the choice I got?"

"You can either reincarnate or disappear. Those are the rules."

"Don't you make the rules?"

"Ahem, anyways let's spin the wheel shall we?" said the being before snapping his fingers.

BOOM

From the sky landed a gigantic wheel that dwarfed even the being of light. On the wheel were so many options, each choice was a tiny sliver on the wheel. Unfortunately, the wheel was too big and the choices too tiny for the words to be readable.

"Alright, just press the button there and the wheel should spin. I've had to get it fixed more than once, the damn thing keeps failing on me."

Nervous, he walked up to the button before stopping right in front of it. He closed his eyes and thought about the many worlds he would be happy to be reincarnated in.

An anime fantasy world, a movie fantasy world, some animes, not comics.

Having prayed enough, he pushed the button and nothing happened.

"Ahh, damn wheel." said the being before kicking it. "I should throw you away and get a new one. Everyone's doing digital nowadays, maybe I'll do the same thing."

Lo and behold, the wheel spun as if it knew it would be replaced if it didn't work.

"Tch, that's what I thought. Sorry about that, it acts up sometimes."

"Uhh, it's okay I guess."

Looking at the spinning wheel, he crossed his fingers and was muttering the world he wanted to reincarnate to. Unfortunately, he had to keep crossing his fingers and muttering for 10 minutes before the wheel showed signs of slowing down.

"How long does this wheel take?"

"Usually not this long, I think it's acting up. So, you do want to get replaced huh?" it said to the wheel which began to rapidly slow.

TICK TICK TICK TICK

"Congratulations on your world kid. It's definitely more interesting than others, but not the fantasy world you wanted. Anyways, next-"

"I can't read it."

"Ahem, right. It says My Hero Academia."

"Oh." he said clearly downtrodden he wouldn't live out his dreams of a fantasy world.

"Hey don't feel too bad. It's still an interesting world. You'll have an ability and the comforts of the modern world." it said trying to comfort him.

"Yeah, I guess. I just wanted to live in a world with elves, dwarves, beast people, and magical races of fantastical nature. But this is good too. At least it won't be a boring world like my last one."

"That's the spirit. And also for being the first person I've ever seen from dying from a video game, I'm going to give you a gift."

"A gift? What kind of gift? Like a system?!" he said excited at the prospect.

"No. Since you died playing that game, I'm going to give you the powers of one of the characters from that game as your quirk. But you'll have to spin for it." it said before the wheel changed to a much smaller wheel with the names of League champions as the options.

"Really?! But some champions are gods there, does that mean my powers will be stronger than regular quirks?" he asked remembering the Celestial and Aspect champions.

"They will be more powerful than regular quirks but they won't be so powerful that you'll be able to dominate the world anytime soon."

"Okay, I'm fine with that. I don't want to become overpowered after a day and be bored all over again." he said before going up to press the button. This time the wheel spun instantly and lasted much less time.

TICK TICK TICK

[Twisted Fate]

"Twisted Fate, huh. Not my favorite champion but he's cool. But how would his powers translate to a quirk? He throws cards." he asked the being.

"One second." it said before pulling out a phone and searching up Twisted Fate. After reading through the champion's abilities, it put away the phone to look at him and saw a blank face.

"What? I've never played the game before."

"Aren't you omnipotent and omnipresent? You should know what he does instantly." he asked.

"You try being omnipotent and omnipresent and see how fast it becomes dull. Sometimes you need a little mystery in your life. Anyways, the power will present as a quirk as such: you will be able to use cards and imbue them with whatever ability you can imagine." it explained.

"Wait, what?! That's overpowered! If I imbue the card with the power of a nuke, it'll be game over!"

"Well yeah. That's why you'll have to train it. The stronger the ability you wish to imbue the cards with, the more stamina it'll take. Of course, the more you use your powers the less stamina is consumed. If you want to imbue the card with a stun like in the game, it'll take some stamina but not a lot. With training, you'll eventually be able to make it so you can use zero stamina with the stun.

However, stronger abilities like let's say an explosion that can wipe out a city, will take so much stamina it's unreal. That is until you train your powers, then the cost will eventually come down. You'll instinctively know how much stamina you would need to imbue an ability in a card, so there are no worries about overusing your stamina. You'll also know how much stamina you have left, like a mana bar except it's instinctive as well."

After saying all that, the being summoned a cup of water out and drank from it.

"Phew, haven't talked that much in a while. Anyways, you ready to go?" it said before looking at him dumbstruck.

SNAP

"Hey, earth to you. Wake up." it said.

"Sorry about that. I was just thinking about everything I could do with that quirk. And it's awesome. Thank you so much for the opportunity." he said bowing a little to the being.

"Hey don't worry about it. I'm just happy to have someone to talk to after so long. Not to mention you've been pretty entertaining. As an added bonus, I'm going to give you extra luck when it comes to money, better talent when it comes to throwing objects and gambling, and when throwing things you'll be faster than most."

"Whoa, that's too much. I mean the quirk alone is more than enough."

"Eh, don't worry about it. Those are his passives anyway, so just consider it part of the package. Alright, well off you go. I hope the next time I see you here, you'll have lived a better life." the being said before a rope came out from the sky.

The being pulled the rope and a trapdoor opened under the person and he fell down into his new life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

New book! I was writing a chapter for my other book and I had this idea of giving my MC Twisted Fate's abilities but it didn't really fit with his character and current ability set considering he could use his tk to throw cards. So, I decided to write this new book as a side project.

This will have irregular updates as it's mostly for when I want to write for it. I'll try to aim for at least once a week, but no promises. Anyways, let me know what you think about the first chapter.

51