Chapter 41 – Invasion
3.1k 10 134
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

—Cole POV—

Answering my call, Nezu asked why I wasn’t on stage with my family. Telling him that my father and I had a difference of opinion on some things, I told him that wasn’t important right now.

 

“I need you to get every Hero you can suited up and out on the streets. We are about to face an invasion on a global scale.”, I told him knowing it sounded crazy, “In a few minutes light blue portals will open up around the globe, tell people to evacuate into them for their safety. Staying where they are or in underground shelters will only get them killed. Avoid the black holes in the sky at all costs!”

 

“Uh Cole…is this a prank?”, Nezu asked with a chuckle.

 

“Nezu, please just do as I am asking you. Get the civilians into the light blue portals as quickly as you can, then get yourselves in as well.”, Cole told him, “Do not engage the enemy, they are beyond your physical capabilities. I want to save as many people as I can from what is about to happen.”

 

Taking a moment to think, Nezu agreed to put the call out. Thanking him, I called the Hero Association and Commissioner Togo to give them the directions as well. At first, they thought it was a prank too but quickly understood that I wasn’t joking. Proceeding with my instructions, Togo asked for further details so he knew what to tell his men.

 

“You will know when you see a black hole opening up in the sky. Tell your men to not engage them if you can avoid it…if it can’t be avoided, don’t hesitate to kill them. The enemy are people that won’t hesitate to kill anyone and everyone that crosses their path.”, I advised.

 

“You make it sound like this is about to be like that old movie Independence Day.”, he remarked, “Alright, consider it done.”

 

‘If only he knew how close he was to the truth.’, I thought as he ended the call.

 

Texting my lovers in this world, I told them to evacuate people into the light blue portals I was going to open. Getting thumbs up from them, they were already up to speed on what was about to happen.

 

“Alright, we need to get in contact with our children and grandchildren. I can only open the portals up on this world, they will need to do it in their worlds.”, I told my wives as I opened a portal for them to use, “Here is the frequency for the pocket dimension I made back in my second life. There is plenty of space to evacuate people there, and thanks to my current powers none of the angels should be able to breach it.”

 

“Dear, you aren’t coming with us?”, Luna asked.

 

Creating copies of myself from each of my previous five lives, I turned and shook my head at her. Giving them each a hug, I told them that I had to do this to buy time for people to evacuate.

 

“I am the only one here that can fight the angels…if I don’t help no one else will.”, I said with a smile, “Now get into my pocket dimension, and help coordinate getting as many people in as possible. I am counting on all of you.”

 

Nodding their heads, they told me to come back alive or they would kill me. Once they were safely in the pocket dimension, I started creating millions of soldiers with my Video and Beast powers. Deploying them all over the globe they would aid in buying people time to flee and would be able to stand against the angels since I couldn’t be everywhere at once.

 

“Alright, the five of you need to get out there now. I will start deploying the portals and stabilize the connections with our previous worlds. I have never tried connecting multiple worlds through the pocket dimension so this might get hairy.”, I said with a nervous laugh.

 

Telling me not to take long, my past selves reminded me that no one in this world knew who they were. Saying that I needed to make an appearance to keep things moving smoothly, I told them that I was well aware of that. Sending them off to help, I focused my attention on the previous information I had received from my family.

 

“Alright then…let’s get this started!”, I stated reviewing the World Frequencies my children and grandchildren had given me, “This better fucking work!”

 

Sensing my children and grandchildren start trying to open portals on their end, I helped make the connections to my pocket dimension. Working with them to quickly stabilize the portals, they began evacuating people into the pocket dimension. Once I was certain people were safely getting through, I began opening portals in my current world.

 

—I-Island, 3rd Person POV—

A few moments after receiving the call from Kessler, Nezu informed the staff of what was happening. Taking the information at face value, All Might wanted further details about what the threat was. Reaching out to his close friend on I Island, he hoped David Shield would be able to shed more light on the situation. Explaining what Kessler had said to Nezu, All Might asked if he could check to see if anything was wrong.

 

“It’s not that I don’t trust Kessler, I just want to know what we are looking at.”, All Might told him.

 

“No I understand, being told that something is coming without specifics is pretty…”, David replied as the satellite results started coming back, “Oh god…All Might he wasn’t lying. Satellites are picking up hundreds of spatial distortions all over the globe. For some reason, the satellite alarms didn’t get triggered…the distortions will start manifesting in a few minutes.”

 

Activating an alarm reserved for global emergencies only, David entered the information that All Might had given him. The system was created several decades ago due to growing fears that Quirks would one day cause global disasters. Once he submitted the information to the system, David got up and ran out of his office.

 

“All Might, we are going to have to trust what Kessler is saying. I can’t say with certainty what is coming, but tearing a hole in the fabric of reality is no easy feat.”, David told him running down the hallway toward his daughter’s class, “I have to go now, we will look for the light blue portal like Kessler said and see you where ever it leads.”

 

Ending the call there, All Might knew the situation was worse than Nezu thought. Triggering the school’s alarm, he started handing out instructions to the non-hero staff and students. As the Hero course students and faculty started leaving their classrooms, all of them were confused about why the school alarms and air raid sirens were going off.

 

“All Might, what is going on?”, Izuku asked with a nervous look.

 

Before he could answer, a giant, light blue portal opened up in the center of campus. Telling the non-Hero course students to head for the portal immediately, All Might told his colleagues and students to get suited up.

 

“There is a global emergency about to happen, we need to evacuate civilians and get them into portals like that.”, All Might told the students.

 

Hearing the sound of breaking glass ring out, All Might felt a sense of dread fill his stomach. Knowing that they didn’t have much time, he told the students to quickly do as he said. Doing so without any more questions, the Pro Hero teachers and Hero Course students were out on the streets in minutes.

 

Seeing a dark hole start expanding in the sky, the students started to panic. Telling them to stay focused, Eraserhead reminded them that a Hero had to stay calm under pressure.

 

“We have people relying on us for guidance and safety.”, Eraserhead spoke up, “If you can’t do this evacuate into one of the portals and leave the rest to us. I don’t blame you for being nervous, no one plans for something like this.”

 

“No, we can do this!”, Ochaco said even though she wanted to flee.

 

Finding dozes of Pros already guiding people into the portals, the students started going from building to building making sure no one got left behind. A few minutes into the evacuation, the sounds of battle cries rang out from the sky. Turning back to see what was happening, they watched a massive horde of winged soldiers come flying out of the hole.

 

“What in the world!?”, Bakugo spat, “Are those Angels?!”

 

“Bakugo, stay focused!”, Izuku shouted as he helped an elderly woman out of her home.

 

Thinking they were going to have to fight the enemy, Shoto and Bakugo got ready to fight them.

 

“Do not bother attacking them, your attacks are mere bug bites to them.”, a man in a knight’s armor said walking past them, “Prioritize the civilians, and leave them to us.”

 

Having never seen a Hero dressed in such armor before, Izuku wasn’t sure who he was.

 

“Sir, who are you?”, Izuku asked.

 

“I am a friend of Kessler’s, he will be here shortly to join the fight.”, the man told him, “My name is George Vinderland if you must know.”

 

Knowing for sure that name wasn’t on the Hero Association list, Izuku decided to just accept what he was saying. There was something reassuring about having him there that Izuku just couldn’t put into words, but he felt a bit of relief with just his presence just like All Might did. Watching the man raise his massive shield, the students and civilians wondered what he was about to do.

 

“Anchor Howl!!”, the man roared into the air causing the ground to shake violently.

 

Watching the Angels switch from targeting them to George, Ida was amazed by just what a few words did.

 

“Keep moving Heroes!”, George shouted at them, “This skill won’t keep their attention on me for long.”

 

Watching four other men run past their group, an older man in white robes with a staff in hand created several barriers between the civilians and the enemy. Engaging the angels, the five men kept them off the Hero's backs so they could hurriedly evacuate people.

 

Following Kessler’s instructions, Heroes around the globe scuffled people into the portals while his creations kept the angels at bay. Having not planned for such a strong resistance, the angel's advance on that world came to a standstill.

 

“Angelo, we are encountering heavy resistant on World 6 at the moment…”, one of the angels reported to Angelo, “It appears our target managed to somehow make entities that can match us in terms of strength and power.”

 

“Damn it…that wasn’t part of our plan.”, Angelo mumbled, “Can we secure his family, and use them as hostages?”

 

“They are missing from the Goddess of Love’s bedroom, they are also not in any of the six worlds that we can tell.”, the angel replied.

 

Punching a hole in the wall, Angelo became extremely nervous. Failure here would spell lifetimes of torment for him, and that wasn’t something he was willing to endure. Pulling up a view of World Six, he noticed that there were millions of portals open around the world that Cole was maintaining.

 

“Where are those people going?”, he asked out of curiosity, “It must be some sort of safe zone he created, can we get in there? He is probably hiding his family in there along with the other mortals.”

 

“We…we have tried to breach them, but the moment we touch them we are eviscerated.”, the angel responded.

 

“Forget it…we will have to use Plan B. Tell the angels to keep the inhabitants of each world busy, I will join you in a few minutes on World 6.”, Angelo said leaving his post.

 

Not sure what Plan B was, the angel returned to the battlefield to relay the information. Heading to the God of Destruction’s room, Angelo knew the deity’s assistant had left the door unlocked for him in case he needed access to the equipment inside. The initial plan was to have the angels overrun each world and eradicate all life on the planets while the meeting was going on. In the event Cole thwarted that plan, Plan B was simply to erase the six universes using the God of Destruction’s Anti-Life machine.

 

‘I really didn’t want to use this…’, he thought looking over the controls.

 

Targeting the six worlds, Angelo fired up the machine and began the process of charging the system. Knowing that he had to keep Cole busy, he contact several other assistants like himself to distract Cole. The assistants he called were from five other deities that were secretly helping the God of Reincarnation behind everyone’s back.

 

“We need to buy some time for the machine to charge up.”, Angelo stated.

 

“Not a problem.”, the God of Destruction’s assistant said with a smirk, “Let’s do this!”

 

Leading them into World 6, they entered the world through the portal above Cole’s city. Taking a moment to survey the area, Angelo saw five familiar faces he knew well. Having taken them from the other five worlds, he knew Cole had created copies of himself using his Conduit Powers.

 

“So you finally fucking so up!”, Avos Merrygold (Cole’s Fourth Life Identity) spat in anger, “I have waited four hundred years to take your head, and today I will mount it over my mantle!”

 

Summoning all the angels on World 6 to himself, Angelo told them to kill the five men before them. Advancing towards them, the Heavenly Host suddenly started falling out of the sky for no apparent reason. Trying to figure out what was going on, Angelo felt a pair of eyes staring at the back of his head. Turning around, he saw Cole standing there with brilliant red, glowing eyes.

 

“The real fight starts now…”, he said pointing at Angelo, “Today I will have my revenge on five lifetimes worth of pain!”

134