4 – This isn’t a dream
5.7k 18 179
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even after mulling over my current situation over and over again, no definite answer came to mind. I tried pinching my cheeks and poking my head. They were definitely painful. Is this not a dream after all? No, that can’t be. Right?

My current ship, the Avalanche, was something that I based off another ship which got released from an in-game event a few months back. Players had to bring their A-game in order to get one for themselves. It was still relatively new. So I thought of using it as a template.

 

Its official model name was the UK92X-Avalanche. It was quite a unique ship and I simply just called it Ava. Decorated with the finest of details, although it was meant to be considered Queen Kizuna’s leisure cruiser, it was a dangerous machine that combined the maneuverability and speed of a small craft and the firepower of a heavy cruiser. Depending on the situation, even shooting down a full-fledged warship was doable.

I thought it seemed surprisingly easy to operate, so I tried it and managed to maneuver Ava just fine. I had a little trouble with the foot pedals due to my character height and the control stick because I was so used to controlling the ship with a keyboard and mouse, but I managed to get the hang of them after a while. Since I was now controlling the ship directly, it became possible to perform more detailed maneuvers.

 

“There really isn’t any sign of me waking up huh?”

 

I repeatedly accelerated and decelerated and genuinely felt my body pressing onto the seat due to the constant shifts in speed and the seat belt digging into me due to inertia. But my stubborn head still refused to wake up from this absurd dream.

 

“Alrighty, let’s try firing off some weapons then.”

 

I’m actually starting to get into this shit. I brought the weapon systems online and activated the ship’s ordnance. Afterward, a part of the ship’s hull transformed and four sets of weapons came out.

 

Each had a military-grade pulse laser cannon equipped. They were considered to be the weapons sporting the most firepower in Fraxinus Online, and were sometimes called Heavy Lasers. And I had four of these bad boys with me.

 

In addition, two gun barrels extended out from both sides of the cockpit. These were large-caliber canister-shot cannons and were called shotgun cannons in the game. They fire off powerful canister rounds that scatter highly destructive shards and were optimal during close combat. Most small warships would get wrecked from two well-placed shots.

 

I had another ‘trump card’ on hand, but I don’t plan on firing it at all. That’s because it's ammo was way too expensive.

 

“Alright, here we go!”

 

I locked on to a large asteroid nearby and fired the four laser cannons.

 

“Whoah!?”

 

The azure energy beams fired by the four cannons directly hit the asteroid in question and utterly destroyed it in one shot. Its fragments scattered and hit the energy shield deployed around Ava and caused the shield to flux.

 

“That was quite the firepower…”

 

So this was the power of a heavy laser that’s able to deplete a warship’s energy shield in seconds and completely destroy it after directly piercing its hull… It sure wasn’t half-assed.

 

And with this, I can’t keep running away from the issue any longer. I gotta acknowledge this situation as ‘reality’.

 

This was no dream. It was as real as it gets.


Let’s review myself first. Queen Kizuna Amun Ra, although it looks like it has ancient egyptian armor, it’s actually a high tech combat nano suit. The gold ornaments and the giant gauntlets of Horus that I can call at will should in theory one shot a player are deadly weapons. I had short chestnut hair, purple eyes, light brown skin and more importantly, I was a loli. Even with my cat ears, I barely reach maybe somewhere in between 145 and 150cm height.  

 

 

Why did I make the raid boss a loli? Well since she's surrounded by female servants with tits the size of watermelons I felt it was appropriate.

 

Although this isn’t sci fi, I gave her complete control over elements. 

 

I don’t know how to channel PA without a controller, but apparently just by visualizing it, I can make it work. Hence I created small elemental balls. Fire, earth, water, wind, lightning. I would like to test out what I’m capable of, but the last thing I want to do is to blow a hole in the ship.

Just why did all this happen to someone like me? I don’t understand at all. I can’t think of any possible reason how I managed to get myself wrapped up in this kind of crazy situation.

I didn’t get hit by the ever omnipresent truck-kun or receive a mysterious message on the computer I use to play games. And I clearly remember that I didn’t fall asleep on my gaming chair.

 

“I really don’t get this.”

 

But there’s really no use complaining. Let’s think positive. If all this is true, then it seems I managed to get myself transported to the world of Fraxinus Online.

 

So wouldn’t it be possible for me to live freely as an omnipotent being? To not be tied down by anything and only relying on ones own power. Yep, sounds pretty good.

 

Great, I’m feeling much better already. Sometimes, you just gotta enjoy whatever jam you find yourself in. Yup. Let’s do just that. I’m a bit uneasy, but let’s try ignoring that feeling as much as possible. Ignorance is bliss.

 

Well then, since that’s decided… where the heck am I anyway? I tried to confirm my coordinates on the Galaxy Map only to find the words NO DATA being displayed. I totally have no clue about where I am and what’s out there. Man, this is really bad.

 

Anyways, the universe is quite vast. It wasn’t a place where you could simply wander around while expecting things to somehow go your way without any definite info on hand.

 

In Fraxinus Online, players still haven’t managed to reach the center of the galaxy. I don’t know if the situation was the same in this universe, but I think it would be safer to assume it had the same scale.

 

I temporarily gave up on confirming my current location and proceeded to check on the status of the ship.  And my total wealth was a whopping 0 Sol Credits. What the heck? I sure am one dirt poor sob. Sol Credits, often referred to as only Sol, is the currency in the game.

 

“Let’s see how much food there is available…”

 

When I operated the touch panel display, I was able to confirm that food and water wise, we had a plethora of supplies. There were also a few rounds of scattershot shells and two spare energy packs for the ship.

 

“And there’s also quite a lot of gold ingots on board… That’s quite a lot. This is bad.”

 

What’s wrong with this stuff, you ask? Well, first I’ll have to explain about the in-game currency.

 

Physical banknotes and coins have been long obsolete, and Sol exchange was pretty simple and convenient, but since it’s an electronic-currency, there was a need to keep track and regulate all transaction records involving it.

 

Let’s go back to the topic of gold ingots. They were rare metals and were priced high. They could be exchanged for lots of Sol at almost any colony or space station.

In short, they were just like gold, silver or precious jewels on Earth. Since trading directly with materials involved a whole lot of trouble, this method was only used by shady folk who wished to avoid being traced back through conventional Sol exchanges. Carrying this much gold would make me a pretty tempting target for folks engaged in a particular line of ‘work’. In game terms, the encounter rate for hostile NPCs would shoot through the roof. Basically, I’m not rich in Sol, but Queen Kizuna was designed to be a rich person, hence all the gold.

“You called for us, ojou-sama?”

I was brought back to reality by a voice. I rotate my cockpit and saw the owner of the voice. Guess it’s time to make some proper introductions.

179