Mental Debate
3.4k 16 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Annie POV]

“…no…”

I slowly get up into a sitting position on the bed, and turn on the lap at the bedside.

It’s been about a month since this started.

“…I don’t…”

Rosanna has been talking in her sleep nearly every night. She tosses and turns, as if she’s fighting herself.

“…who are…”

At first, I was slightly happy, thinking that this may actually be her gaining her memories back. But then, she started acting like two different people.

“…you are not…”

So far, there have been two people. Her, and one other person. Of course, this could just be nightmares from before the accident coming back. Rosanna did get nightmares rather frequently before her death. But not this frequently.

“…using her…”

Every now and then, she’ll mention me during her sleep. Saying things about loving me, and sometimes apologizing to me for something. I’d imagine she must be feeling guilty about sleeping with other people than me. But, I honestly don’t mind. I don’t expect to be the only person in her life. I mean, we both have sex with Jenna every now and then. It would be nice to be her only partner, certainly, but I don’t expect to be her only one.

“…Annie…please…”

Overall, I’m concerned. I’ve been giving her some space lately to try and sort out her mind, but I don’t know if it’s been effective. I lay down once more, and as I reach for the lamp, I hear this,

“…this body is mine…”

I pause for a second, before turning out the light and going to sleep.

————————

[Rosanna POV]

As I look out into my dreamscape, I notice that same girl from before. By now, I’ve noticed. This dream is a mixture of my current world and my previous one. When I’m here, I’m placed into my old body. Not Rosanna’s. I still have no clue who this crying girl is, though. She keeps muttering words in some language that I don’t understand. I know it’s a language from Earth, but after millions of years in space, I’ve all but forgotten most things about that planet.

I can’t even remember my previous family. Or if I even had a family.

I sit down on my couch and look at the girl, who still covers her face and sits on the ground, crying. I attempt to speak with her.

“So, how are you?”

She flinches as she hears my voice and looks at me through her fingers. Golden tears fall down her ethereal blue body. One other thing I’ve noticed is that I have no access to my powers while I’m here. I tried using magic to find out if she’s real or not, and nothing happened. As I look down on her from my couch, she speaks… In… English?

“No.”

I squint at her and stand up, slowly walking towards her. I speak slowly, with a voice full of malice.

“Who are you.”

She’s been ignoring me. She could speak English all this time, but instead chose to speak that other language. She looks up at me, no longer covering her face. Her eyes are slanted… Slowly, the name of her language begins to come back to me.

“Japan?”

She smiles and says,

“You are not Rosanna.”

I walk towards her, menacingly. She speaks up again,

“Annie… You’re just using her.”

As I arrive in front of her, I kick her straight in the face. I speak in a calm voice.

“It’s true. At first, she was nothing more than a plaything. Something to test my new body on. Annie is everything to me, now.”

The girl puts her hand to her cheek and says,

“Please, she means nothing to you. She’s just a toy! She’s nothing more than a pawn! I’ve seen what you’ve done! You’ve used the entire kingdom as a pawn! You’ve caused a war to break out that will kill millions! All so you could get some stupid book!”

I chuckle as she talks. I look the girl in the eyes and say,

“Yep. I sure did. You know, girl, you’re quite naive, aren’t you?”

She pauses for a second and says,

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

I bend over in front of the girl and say,

“You don’t know the future of this world, do you? In the next couple years, a few million lives will be nothing compared to the life lost within a single fight.”

She looks at me. She says nothing, so I shrug and turn around, ready to wait on my couch for the dream to end. But, I hear her voice speak up one more time,

“This body was supposed to be mine.”

I smile and slowly turn around,

“Yes. It was. But now, this body is mine.”


AN: well, now that I'm back from universal, i'm sick. ugh. i hate everything. may rewrite this chapter one day, wasn't really feeling it.

Spoiler

-xli pmji xlex aew qmri?

[collapse]
100