Chapter 18: Quirk Training
2k 3 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Every time the school finished, Mineta and Ibara stayed on the nearby beach to train their "Quirk."

Even though there was a law, which disallowed one to use a "Quirk" in this country, there was a special place where one could use their "Quirks."

It was like there was a special place for one to smoke. There was also a special place for one to use a "Quirk."

Near the beach, there was a police station, and before they used the beach to train their "Quirk," they asked permission from the police that they were going to use the space to train.

The police agreed without hesitation since they knew Mineta and Ibara aspired to become heroes.

Being a hero was a respected job, which was worshipped by many people.

Knowing they wanted to become a hero and wanted to enter the "U.A. High School" next year, they became more enthusiastic.

However, the real reason why they could gain permission easily was that their "Quirk" wasn't dangerous.

His "Quirk" was to release a sticky substance.

Ibara's "Quirk" was her vine-like hair.

Their "Quirks" were quite harmless and were suitable for capturing the villain. Their "Quirks" also wouldn't damage the area when they used it.

If their "Quirks" were like fire, decay, or many others which caused damage to an environment, they wouldn't be able to get permission so easily.

After they got their permission, they took off their shoes and walked on the sandy beach.

Still, frankly, as long as they didn't use their "Quirk" in the crowded place, nothing would happen to them since most children would use their "Quirk" carelessly without worry, and there was no real punishment, only a reprimand by the police.

What about a hero?

The hero didn't have the right to reprimand someone. Their job was just to capture a villain and save a civilian. That's all. Nothing else.

Leaving that aside, they prepared their "Quirk" training immediately.

Ibara's bare white smooth feet moved lightly, but even so, some of the sand still stuck on her pretty toes.

Mineta felt they should do something else on this beach instead of training their "Quirk," but who made them want to enter the 1st rank school in this country?

If they wanted to join a normal high school, they wouldn't have to do this, but if they wanted to go beyond, they had to work harder.

"Do you want to start now?"

"Okay, let's start."

Ibara was eager to show her progress, but she must admit she didn't have the confidence to win, considering how tricky his "Quirk" was.

If his "Quirk" was a fire, she could give up reluctantly since she knew it was hard for her to fight against fire.

However, his "Quirk" was to release a sticky substance, which was something that she didn't think would give her so much trouble.

Knowing how troublesome his "Quirk" was and following his words after many times of training, Ibara attacked Mineta without warning, thinking she could catch him off guard, but he was as slippery as ever, and his speed was fast.

When her vines-like hair was about to capture him, he released his sticky substance, causing them to stick against each other.

"Ugh... it's too sticky."

Ibara frowned and tried to rip the sticky substance apart, but no matter how hard she struggled, she was helpless, and the power of her vine-like hairs could do nothing against his sticky substance. Even worse, he stuck those bundles of hair together on the beach wall, making it even harder for her to fight back.

Yet this alone wasn't enough to trap her since the power of her vine-like hair was enough to make any muscular men who trained their muscles in decades to be in shame.

If she wanted to, she could tear the wall apart, but it could only happen when all of her hair was gathered together.

If there were only a single or few hairs, it would have been impossible for her to do so.

Mineta knew that, so he divided her hair into several parts and stuck them in various spots.

The walls, lamp posts, giant stone, breakwaters, bridge, and many others.

He used his sticky substance to stick Ibara's hair in various spots.

".........."

Ibara was speechless and couldn't say anything. Her hair couldn't move no matter how much she exerted her power, and she was already trapped by him. She was like a butterfly trapped by a spider's web, waiting to be eaten.

Frankly, Mineta didn't need to be too troublesome since he could just send a wave of sticky substance at Ibara, trapping her in a place like a cocoon, or he could just approach her so abruptly since she needed time to move her vine-like hair, but he wanted to train his dexterity and complexity of his ability.

After all, even though his ability was at the "Intermediate" mastery, he wanted to develop it further.

'Do I need to buy it from the system?'

He wasn't sure, but the "Intermediate" mastery was already this strong. He wondered how strong his "Quirk" was once it had reached the "Expert" or "Master" mastery.

However, he didn't have that many points, and there was something more important to improve than the mastery of his "Quirk."

When the battle settled, he approached Ibara and gestured for her to squat down.

Ibara was helpless, but she followed his instructions.

Mineta lightly poked her forehead with his finger, then said with a gentle smile, "I won."

"...."

Ibara blushed before she let out a helpless sigh. "...you won." She rubbed her forehead and must admit she loved this feeling.

Mineta smiled and then clapped his hands before all of his sticky substance dissolved without a trace.

"Your "Quirk is too strong," Ibara said with a pout.

The adhesivity of his sticky substance was too strong.

Even the best glue in this world might not be able to defeat its adhesivity.

It was also different from glue, which would harden after some time, his sticky substance wouldn't harden no matter how long, and its stickiness would happen instantly.

He could also use a sticky substance like a trampoline or spring on his feet or entire body, which made him able to produce acrobatic moves, which were hard to read and fast.

While Mineta hadn't tested it, he knew that even if he fell from a skyscraper, he would be okay as long as he wrapped his body with his sticky substance. After all, the elasticity of the substance produced by his "Quirk" was also out of the world.

Still, the strongest point of his "Quirk" was, without a doubt, its versatility since it could be shaped into any different shapes.

"My "Quirk" isn't that strong." Mineta shook his head and said, "I made this "Quirk" strong." After all, if his "Quirk" was still the same as before, he could only desperately throw the ball-like sticky object to trap Ibara.

However, everything changed when his "Quirk" reached an "Intermediate" mastery. Even if he didn't use his "Speed Augmentation" ability, he could easily defeat Ibara.

Ibara also knew that since she had been with him when he wasn't as handsome as now and wasn't as strong now. She knew that everything was because of his hard work, and it was also the reason why she admired and loved him. She knew that he worked hard in a place where she couldn't see, and it made her heart beat so fast, feeling ached, and she wanted to do something for him.

The two practiced for a while before they rested on the nearby bench.

Ibara took a thermos of cold barley tea and gave a cup to Mineta.

"For you, Minoru-kun."

"Thank you, Ibara."

Mineta accepted the cup and drank it with a sigh of comfort and some distress.

They were middle school students, and they didn't have much money. The only income they had was only coming from their pocket money, yet neither of them was exactly that rich, and their family was only coming from the middle class, which was the majority class of the family in this country.

However, Mineta felt his money was okay to buy them a drink at the vending machine every day. He wanted to treat Ibara, but she thought it was too wasteful, especially when she wanted them to save money in case they were going on a date during the weekend.

Mineta must admit that his heart was aching when he thought about how thrifty and careful this girl was toward him, but as a middle school student, he had only a limited way to get money. When he thought about getting money, he suddenly thought about his reward for dating Ibara for a week.

'Fishing... can I make money with this?'

Mineta wasn't sure, but he was awoken when he heard Ibara's words.

"Minoru-kun, is there a way that I can make my "Quirk" stronger?" Ibara asked.

Hearing her question, he thought of several possibilities, but he wondered why this girl's face was so red.

77