Chapter 26: Grape Hopper!
2k 3 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The practical exam was about to start.

After the announcement from Present Mic, everyone was told to go to the assigned district where they would perform their practical exam.

Mineta was assigned to the D-district, and Ibara was assigned to the A-district.

Before the start of the exam, they were given ten minutes to observe the district they were assigned to.

This time he was serious, observing the places where the villains would likely appear, so he wouldn't waste his time searching for the villain robots. However, he must admit that this place was massive, and the quality of each building was far better than the one he usually saw near his house.

'How much money do they need to build those?'

What was even more amazing was the fact he didn't need to pay tuition once he entered the school, which made him amazed.

It made him wonder whether this school was created by a wealthy person who was rich enough to use their money for the education of the future hero.

Yet this also gave him a question.

Was the hero really that necessary?

After all, the hero was nothing more than a thug who received a license and worked for the government.

His words might be cruel, but this was how he saw everything.

Yet knowing all of that, would he stop?

No.

His view of a hero might be bad, borderline atrocious, but if he wanted to make his life comfortable, he had to be accepted into this school, and even if he said something bad about a hero, he knew those meatheads who would charge forward to the danger to save people were necessary for his peaceful life.

While he observed the building, he suddenly noticed the three girls. He used the corner of his eyes to see three girls who were able to trigger the system, but he didn't approach them and just used his time to create a mind map, so he could mark the location where the villain robots would mostly appear in this district. He was in the exam after all.

How could he use these precious ten minutes to pick girls up?

After ten minutes were finished, everyone was told to leave the district, waiting for the announcement of the exam to start.

Unlike their previous uniform, they had changed into easy-to-move clothes such as sports jerseys or something similar.

Mineta was the same and also changed his clothes. His uniform was changed into a black long sleeve sports shirt, black shorts with tight under, and black shoes.

Honestly, the temperature of this country was crazily cold.

He was okay with only shorts, but he wanted to be careful and wore extra clothes to warm his body up since the cold would make his movement sluggish.

While many people talked to each other nervously, considering they didn't expect they would have their practical exam done in such a massive place, he did his warm-up quietly on the side. Still, even so, he could feel the gazes of many on him, especially the girls.

Yet he wasn't surprised since he was different from ten months ago.

He was no longer a 108 cm cute guy.

He was a proper handsome guy, especially when the number of handsome men in this world was quite negligible.

The appearance of "Quirk" made people's appearance distinctive, and it was hard for them to say they were good-looking.

After all, even if a "Quirk" had appeared for a century or more, the people's aesthetic toward beauty wasn't that much different from the past.

While a certain "kink" would appear after a "Quirk" appeared, it had nothing to do with him.

If he said so, he would be lying since a girl who only appeared in the story, game, or media work in the past, such as a rabbit girl, a cat girl, or something similar, could appear in this world, which made him quite curious.

Yet as a man with a girlfriend and a gentleman, it was impossible, to be frank with his deepest desire.

During his warmup, no one took the initiative to him since they could see his "stay-away-from-me" aura, but they could also understand that they were in the middle of the exam and how they could be accepted on the Yuuei when they didn't even understand their current situation.

Still, some didn't understand and hoped to see him take off his facemask.

Mineta might have heard their prayer and taken off his facemask, but he didn't look at everyone and just walked toward the front area near the gate of the district.

"........."

Some of them blushed but kept glancing at him from time to time secretly.

However, many guys couldn't help but curse.

"Damn, what's the point of being handsome in this test?"

"Yeah, if you can't be accepted, then it is useless."

Mineta rolled his eyes, but he didn't say anything since if he didn't receive a system, he would be in their place, cursing those handsome guys silently or loudly, so he ignored them and just took a crouch start.

He also made starting blocks with his "Quirk," which made his form even perfect.

While many people didn't know, crouch start was the fastest form for one to achieve the fastest speed.

It was also the reason why many sprinters would use the crouch start during the tournament.

He was the same, but he gave a slight twist at the sole of his shoes.

In addition to the starting blocks, he also released his substance at the soles of his shoes and twisted them, shaping them into the shape of spring.

While many people were confused by his actions, the smart one also quickly realized what he was doing. They stopped talking and looked at the gate, waiting for it to open.

Suddenly, the solemnity permeated throughout the area, and the others also somehow followed since the atmosphere forced them to do so.

---

While the students were about to start with their practical exam, the teachers also gathered in the monitoring room to see the students who would become candidates of heroes.

However, suddenly one among the teachers noticed the strangeness in the D-district. After all, unlike in other districts where most candidates were all still acting like they weren't in the exam. The candidates in the D-district seemed to be prepared and were ready for the exam anytime.

"Oh? The students in the D-district are interesting."

"Everything starts with that student over there who is in the crouch starting."

"What's his name?"

"Mineta Minoru?"

"Hmm... is it me, or is his face kind of familiar?"

The only woman among the teachers suddenly said, confused, feeling familiar, yet also felt uncertain for some reason. However, her face flushed red, looking at him intently, and she ignored the rest.

"Let me check it."

Suddenly, a small creature, which was similar to a rat or bear, also felt Mineta was quite familiar, so he manipulated the computer skillfully, trying to match up the photo of Mineta Minoru with someone, and he just needed a few seconds before he realized who Mineta Minoru was.

"Oh, it's him!"

"What?!"

"Wow, I am his fan!"

"Damn, I invited him to my radio show, but he rejected me!"

"Give him some slack. He was about to have an exam at our school. How could he have time to visit your radio show?"

"Well, no matter how famous he is, we have to see how good his mastery over his "Quirk" is."

Hearing the voice of the bear-like mouse creature, everyone on the monitor nodded except for one person, who seemed nervously staring at one monitor like a girl who was about to confess her love to her crush.

'Come on, Midoriya-boy! You can do it!'

---

Mineta knew that everyone also realized what he was doing, but he didn't think they could chase after him.

'After all...'

Then, the gate opened, but no announcement was heard.

However, Mineta had already tensed all the muscles on his body until he heard the voice of Present Mic.

"And start!"

"Grape Hopper!"

Mineta didn't hesitate and released all the energy he had compressed in his spring in one go and launched at the fastest speed like a sports car.

*Whooosh!*

When his figure disappeared, leaving only a gush of wind, they were in a daze before the rest also started to move and dashed.

"Damn, he's so fast!"

"Quickly go inside! He's going to take all the villains!"

"What kind of "Quirk" is that? That's cheating!"

They quickly ran inside the district, especially when they heard the announcement from Present Mic and how Mineta had left them behind.

While inside, he used his understanding of the building, bouncing from one place to another, increasing his speed with each successive spring.

He ignored the people behind him and focused on searching for his target.

Then, finally, he found his first villain robot, 3 Points - Hard Villains. He didn't hesitate and smashed it with a flying kick like a Kamen Raider before he bounced to another spot.

"That's three points. Let's get the number one position."

His goal was to become the 1st rank on the entrance exam, and he decided to go all out from the beginning!

75