Chapter 27: The power of love
2k 6 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the students were working hard, fighting, and beating the villain robots, the teachers observed every student from the monitor.

"Oh, the one with the explosion-type of "Quirk" is good!"

"Yeah, but compared to this one, he's still far behind."

Everyone looked at one candidate in the D-district, and they must admit that his performance was above everyone's.

His speed was fast, his judgment was sharp, and he could still save many people along the way.

As for how fast he was, if they didn't use slow motion, they might not be able to see his figure!

"By the way, what is his "Quirk"? Is it spring on his feet?"

"Spring? But I don't see a spring on his feet!"

"No, it is said that it is a "Pop-Off." The ability to pluck a sticky ball out of his head."

"........"

Everyone was in silence.

"...Really?"

"But, his "Quirk" is clearly different!"

Once again, the beat-like mouse suddenly said, "It seems that he has developed his "Quirk" further."

"Eh? Developed his "Quirk" further? Is such a thing possible like that?"

"Well, did you forget Koichi? You know his "Quirk" in the beginning, right?"

"Koichi, who is that?"

"Koichi Haimawari. The Skycrawler. One of the top heroes in the United States."

One of the male teachers answered plainly while reminiscing about Koichi, who was so weak in the past and had become so strong.

Slide and Glide.

This was Koichi's Quirk, but in the past, he could only use it to slide on the ground.

Yet now, he could fly in the sky and make a huge impact, enough to smash a building or two or even catch an airplane.

The ability of "Quirk" was full of possibilities, and everyone had a lot of possibilities.

If someone as plain as Koichi could become a top hero, the others should be able to do it.

Mineta Minoru was like that.

His history was clearly shown by everyone in the room.

Everything was shown, whether it was the change in his height, appearance, or many other things, which made all of them dumbfounded.

After all, the difference between the current Mineta and the previous Mineta was too big!

Still, if Mineta knew what had happened, he would be full of anger since who would feel happy when all of his information was known by many people?

Yet he was also helpless and didn't know what had happened to him at all.

"His "Pop-Off" Quirk has developed so well that he can release his sticky substance from every part of his body. He can even shape it into any shape he wants, like the spring he showed on this exam."

The bear-like mouse rubbed his furry chin as if he was in the middle of a thought. "However, this is only his update of "Quirk" seven months ago, and many months have passed, so he should have developed his "Quirk" even better."

"But how? What made him change so much?"

This was what made them confused.

After all, it was hard to believe how someone like Mineta could grow his power like this.

However...

"It's love."

Suddenly, the only woman in the group said.

"...What?"

They were all dumbfounded.

"It's natural that it is love! He is in love with someone, and he wants to become better, so he trains his "Quirk" so he can change!" The woman said those words passionately while hugging her body excitedly. "Ah! Is it that girl with vine-like hair? Hmm, she's so beautiful! How cute! The love between two middle school students! Have they kissed? Ah, but they might get nervous when they hold each other's hands! Ahhh, how warm and cute it is...!"

"..........."

Everyone was unable to say anything when this woman was in this state, but the words that came out of her mouth caught their attention.

Love.

This might be a strange emotion that the people inside the monitor room had never felt before, but even so, they knew it was a strong feeling.

If they gave an example, it was like how a  frail grandma could lift a heavy car to save her grandchildren.

Even in shonen manga, many protagonists would become stronger when their friends or loved ones were in crisis.

The power of emotion was something that one couldn't imagine.

The bear-like mouse also nodded and felt this was the only explanation. After all, with his high IQ, it was impossible for him to see any other reason except for this. He also knew that Mineta didn't use a drug since a drug was only momentary, and the increase of his power was permanent. However, Mineta's report on the hospital was only one, and it was three months ago.

He thought he would be able to find Mineta's secret, but his lips twitched since even if he had prepared, he didn't expect the reason why Mineta came to the hospital was for surgery. Yet he didn't say anything since it was a private matter and it was impossible to share this with all the teachers.

'He's big...'

He thought when he saw Mineta's size.

Once again, if Mineta knew what this bear-like mouse did, he might grill him and feed him to the fish on Sagami Bay.

Anyway, everyone started to talk about the potential students that might enter the Yuuei in the future. While Mineta's performance was amazing, he wasn't the only candidate who would enter the Yuuei.

However, without a doubt, Mineta was the brightest since his performance was hardly seen among the candidates. He was strong, fast, and full of versatility. He was also good at business, making them believe he could quickly become a popular Pro-Hero once he graduated from Yuuei. Lastly, his potential was something they were curious about since he was able to develop a strange "Quirk" such as "Pop-Off" into such a strong "Quirk."

Even his girlfriend wasn't bad, and everyone could see she trained her "Quirk" well since she could easily smash the villain robots with just a few of his vine-like hairs.

Yet the big guy with rabbit-ears-like hair seemed to be unfazed and even ignored their conversation since he was nervous, and sweat kept dripping from his forehead, unable to be stopped since the performance of the person he watched over was far from good.

---

Mineta didn't know what had happened in the monitor room.

Three minutes left before the exam ended, and he took it easy by saving people he saw along the way. Leaving the 1-points robot aside, the 2-points and the 3-points were rather dangerous, and many students would be hurt if they fought them.

Still, he wondered whether the creator of those robots hated a human since the words in the voice that came out of the robots were rather crude.

"I will kill you!"

"Die!"

"Don't move! I will give you a painless death!"

He was speechless that he was unable to say anything, but instead of wasting his time on the robots. He was more interested in all the candidates who participated in this exam.

Frankly, he hardly saw anyone using their "Quirk" to their fullest in his school, home, or even in the place where he was living, except for heroes and Ibara, so it might be his first time to see many people see their "Quirks" to their fullest like this, especially a group of civilians, considering the law and all.

"That one has a big hand. This one can change the size of the robot. For that, one can destroy a robot with her unique ear..."

His lips twitched, and he felt that this world was amazing since everyone could use a superpower like they were nothing.

Right now, he was on the top of the building, trying to see whether someone was in need of help since he felt he had enough Villain Points, and he wanted to add more Rescue Points. He looked around and was suddenly dumbfounded when he saw a robot, which was even bigger than the building.

The two stared at each other for a while, but his presence wasn't lost, and he even glared at it with the expression, 'Come on! If you want to fight, then I will deal with you!'

"....."

The robot seemed to read his expression and moved away.

He snorted, but he must admit that this 0-point robot was humongous.

However, he suddenly noticed the robots were moving toward the crowd, and those students were running away in a scare. He felt they were okay and didn't need to do anything until he saw one of the girls who triggered his system suddenly fall.

His body moved before his mind, and he directly jumped out from the top of the building since he thought it was a chance!

73