Chapter 76: Reminiscent
1.2k 1 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If the target of the villains were All-Might, then everyone on the Yuuei wouldn't be targeted.

He wanted to smash the head of this detective, who could be so stupid.

After all, All-Might was a teacher at Yuuei now, and as long as he was there, the chance that the Yuuei would be attacked in the future was high.

"Naturally, we don't erase the other possibilities, and we work hard, trying to find this villain and capture them," Naomasa said solemnly.

Honestly, he didn't care what the agenda of the villains was or whatever it was. After all, as long as they were caught, everything would be over. The only thing that he regretted was that it might be hard for them to have the death penalty since he knew how troublesome the death penalty was in this country.

Many might think the death penalty might be too much, but for him, this was the best way, so he could have a peaceful life.

He knew he was selfish, but this was him, and he wouldn't change.

"Before I talk about my report about yesterday's event, can I ask something?"

He didn't give the nod or believe the police or hero would capture the villain since he knew how unreliable they were and how they would only come when everything happened.

Yet he couldn't blame them since they were all human and they also had some selfishness.

That selfishness was because they didn't want to take responsibility.

However, some might be different, and not everyone liked what he depicted.

Still, he didn't believe they could capture the villain, especially when he had heard from the news that the warp gate and hand-fetish villain had escaped.

"Sure." Naomasa nodded.

"Who are they? Are they part of some villain organization or something?"

He didn't like the feeling when he didn't know anything. However, he also knew that the villains knew nothing about them.

However, they had the initiative, and they could attack anytime.

On the other hand, Yuuei could only wait for them to attack, which made him depressed.

"We're not sure." Naomasa shook his head. "The only thing that we know is that they call themselves Shigaraki Tomura and Kurogiri."

"I have heard that they have escaped. Is that true?"

"Yes." Naomasa nodded in shame when All-Might fought Nomu, Kurogiri, and Shigaraki had woken up, and they happened to introduce themselves to All-Might.

Hearing that, he was in silence, feeling annoyed since it was like a lover spat, but the one who was hurt was the people around them, including him.

If possible, he wanted to bury them in the Pacific Ocean, but he endured this feeling.

"How about the others? Are they alright? Is it only me and Aizawa-sensei who is hurt?"

He didn't forget to ask this question, so he could appear empathetic and cared about everyone.

"No, there is one more person who was hurt."

"Huh? Who?"

"Midoriya." Aizawa, who had been silent, sighed. "He jumped and broke his legs."

"....."

What could he say?

He shook his head since this matter had nothing to do with him, and as long as that injury wasn't caused because of his involvement, he didn't care.

"But it was all thanks to you that no one was hurt."

"...it's strange to hear those words from you, Sensei."

"Shut up."

"Haha..." Naomasa laughed and asked, "So can you tell us more about this incident now, Mineta-kun?"

"Yes."

He nodded and told the chronology of the incident from the beginning. Starting from how he felt strange by how the press could enter Yuuei until he was punched to almost dying by Nomu.

Aizawa, Naomasa, and Ibara didn't say anything and just listened to him while sipping the cold coffee.

'It's good!' 2x

Aizawa and Naomasa thought and wondered what kind of coffee it was. Yet they knew this wasn't the time for this, so they kept listening to him.

"I know it is a bit late to say this, but what is that humanoid monster? The villain with the hand mask called this monster a Nomu if I am not wrong, right?"

"We are not sure either, but one thing is sure that thing isn't a living being."

"Not alive?" He was dumbfounded.

"Yes, that thing seems to be artificially created. You know, like chimera or Frankenstein in the story."

"....."

He rubbed his temple and wanted to say that this was bullshit, but he shut his mouth when he thought everyone had a superpower. He was also amazed by how nonchalant Naomasa talked about this problem, making him realize that being a police officer definitely wasn't easy.

Still, being a hero was even harder since they had to fight the villain.

He looked at mummy Aizawa and realized how dangerous being a hero was.

They were lucky that they had a Recovery Lady.

However, what if they didn't?

He was afraid that they might need a few months to fix their injuries.

They talked to each other for a while before Naomasa asked, "Before I end this discussion, can I ask you what you think of this incident, Mineta-kun?"

"Are you serious?" He was speechless since it was his first time to know that a police officer would ask a high school student for an opinion. After all, this was a reality, and he wasn't a genius grim reaper high school detective with a beautiful childhood friend with a unicorn horn-like hairstyle.

"I have heard how smart you are, so I wonder what you think personally about this incident."

Honestly, Naomasa was impressed at how mature he was. He could also see that Mineta was still nervous and shocked from the previous incident, but Mineta still calmly answered him, trying to help him to solve this incident as soon as possible.

"I can't say anything about this matter."

He shook his head and said, "There is too little information about them. We don't know about their information besides their names and Quirks. Aside from that, we know nothing. I don't like to make speculation either since I don't want to make a wrong assumption. The only thing that I can say is that it is better to strengthen the defense in the Yuuei so in case a similar attack happens, we can handle it better."

The only thing he was depressed about was the fact the villain wore a mask, so it was impossible to find them.

Still, Aizawa and Naomasa nodded since, right now, there weren't many things that they could do. The best thing they could do was to prepare everything in case the next attack might happen. While they didn't want to believe that the next attack might happen, it was better to prepare instead of sorry.

The only thing Nezu didn't lack was money, so it should be possible for him to create better security for everyone in Yuuei, especially when he also cared about his life.

After talking for a while, they didn't stay any longer and excused themselves.

He thought about the possibility of a traitor, which he had always thought about before, but in the end, he didn't say anything since he knew they couldn't be depended upon. While he knew it was quite troublesome, he decided to search for the traitor by himself since he hoped everything was just he was overthinking.

When Naomasa walked out, Aizawa stood at the entrance and said, "Mineta."

"What's wrong, Sensei?"

Aizawa stared at Mineta again before he looked away and let out a long sigh. "Once again, thank you."

"Are you still saying that again, Sensei? After I decided to enter the hero department of Yuuei, I was prepared for this kind of thing to happen to me."

While he was surprised by this attack, he started to calm down and accept everything since he had decided to become a hero, so he had prepared for something like this to happen. However, he didn't expect something like this would happen when he was at school.

Yet this also woke him up since, whether he realized it or not, his determination was just like that. It also made him calmer when he faced a similar situation in the future. While he didn't want something similar to happen, the possibility of such a thing happening again wasn't zero, right?

Still, this also made him realize that the peaceful life he sought became further away, making his desire to become stronger become an obsession.

"But even so, thank you. Thank you for saving everyone and for being alive since..." Aizawa took a deep breath and said in a mutter, "If you pass away, I can't forgive myself." He thought about his dear friend that had passed away and felt his heart almost crushed when he thought something similar would happen to Mineta.

".........."

He was speechless since if he really died, he would definitely become a vengeful spirit and haunt all of them. Still, this wasn't something that he should say. Instead, he said, "What did you say, Sensei? I didn't hear the last part."

"Nothing." Aizawa let out a sigh and said, "School is going to start tomorrow. Don't be late."

"Yes."

Then, he watched them leave before he closed the door. He didn't know anything about the villains, but the villains also didn't know anything about him, so everything should be alright, right?

"Have they gone back, Minoru-kun?"

Ibara walked toward him after she cleaned up the cups and plates on the table.

"Yes."

He then walked to Ibara and hugged her. "Can you stay again tonight?" He didn't want to be alone and wanted someone by his side.

"Un, I will stay with you, but don't do anything perverted, alright? I am afraid I won't be able to wake up tomorrow."

".........."

41