Chapter 77: Conqueror
1.1k 1 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, he went to school with Ibara and Kendo.

The three went together, talking like nothing had happened before entering the bus.

However, he, who was in the middle, felt he was sitting on the pin needle. A prickling, numbing sensation was sensed on his body, especially when Kendo tried to provoke him from time to time while Ibara knew nothing.

This feeling was strange, and it was also quite annoying.

He knew that he was the one who made everything complicated, and he also regretted his action, but even if he regretted it, what could he do?

The voice of defiance in his heart wouldn't come out, and all he could do was endure since he knew he owed the two girls much.

Fortunately, their conversation moved in a direction where it was impossible to take this matter lightly.

The two girls listened carefully to him carefully.

After the attack from the villains, two people were hurt.

One was Aizawa, and the other was him.

Aizawa aside, even if he was hurt, no one would say much since he was a Pro-Hero.

Pro-Hero's job was to protect people, and he knew from the beginning how dangerous this job was.

Unlike what people imagined, the hero wasn't an easy job. It was tough and dangerous, so he had expected this and didn't have any problems even if he was hurt.

However, Mineta was different.

He was a student, hurt, and almost died.

Even if the Recovery Lady saved him, it didn't change the fact that he was in a dangerous situation.

"So what's aunty and uncle said?" Ibara asked.

Kendo glanced at Ibara and didn't say anything, but she knew that compared to Ibara, she knew nothing about his family.

"They want me to quit."

What could he say?

With his wealth, money, and ability, his parents felt it was better for him to become a businessman instead of endangering his life as a hero.

".........."

The heart of Ibara and Kendo almost stopped at that time.

"Don't worry. I won't stop." He rubbed Ibara's prickly hair and said, "The moment I decided to enter the Hero Department, I expected something like this to happen."

The media might make this profession bright, colorful, and dazzling. It was a profession everyone wanted to be in the future, but the brighter the light was, the darker the shadow was.

There were many ugly things behind this profession, but all of them were hidden, so everyone could have this peaceful life.

However, he wasn't disillusioned since he had expected this, but his words might open the eyes of two girls.

Kendo and Ibara also had imagined that being a hero was dangerous, especially when they had to fight villains, but they couldn't imagine how they might die from being a hero. The only thing on their minds was the bright spot of this job, and they had never glanced toward the darker side.

By now, he held the hands of two girls at the same time.

While this gave Ibara comfort, this stunned Kendo since he was so courageous, daring to do something like this. It made her smile, and she held his hand tighter.

"Well, every job is like this. There is a light and darkness on them. Even salarymen aren't immune to this. You can see on the news that many people commit suicide or die from overwork, right? However, a hero is better since we have many people to encourage us to do our best despite adversity. On the other hand, they have no one to support them and can only rely on themselves.

"However, if something like this is enough to startle you or make you hesitate, then it is better to quit. Wait for me to graduate, and I will marry you."

"..........." 2x

The word "you" that came from his mouth was ambiguous, and he didn't mean a specific person when he said this, but it was different from the ears of the two girls.

"Wh-What are you talking about all of a sudden?"

Ibara was flustered and lightly hit her arm, but it was impossible to hide the bright smile on her face.

Kendo looked away, trying to hide her expression from Ibara since she was afraid if Ibara saw her, Ibara would realize how happy she was.

"But I won't stop."

Kendo knew the risk that came from a hero as a profession, but even so, she wouldn't stop.

Even people with regular jobs could be attacked, robbed, or other things by a random villain.

However, if one became a hero, they could fight back while using their "Quirk." They could also get a stable income, good insurance, and many other benefits.

The danger was clear, but the benefit of being a hero was also clear.

On the other hand, he was in silence, realizing that he might have become better at doing something like this.

'I've become more and more fallen.'

After that, they avoided the conversation of the villains, and before long, they arrived at their destination. However, they happened to meet Kodai Yui and Reiko Yanagi.

"Good morning."

He greeted them normally as a normal person should.

However, their reaction surprised him since they were blushing and greeted him reservedly.

"...why do you two look at me like this? Ugh! What are you two doing?"

While he was confused, his side was hit by Ibara and Kendo. He noticed they were also blushing and only remembered that Kodai and Yanagi were also there when he took Ibara to his room.

"...."

The air between them became slightly awkward, with a hint of ambiguity that shouldn't be born between friends.

"Do something!"

Kendo hoped that he could smooth this awkward situation.

'Even if you say so...'

While helpless, he said, "By the way, do you remember about the part-time job that I mentioned before?"

"Mm." Kodai nodded.

"Do you want to do the sculpting work? You have just been healed, right?" Yanagi asked worriedly.

"It's okay. I am healthy now." He felt his body was alright, and he wasn't hurt, but there was this feeling that made him want to do something all the time.

"Are you going to do that sculpting work this week?" Ibara asked.

"Yes, but if you're busy with something, I won't force you to come."

The four of them looked at each other and only smiled.

"It's fine."

"I don't really mind."

"Mm."

"I will prepare what you need."

"Thanks."

They talked for a while before they parted since their class was different."

"I will see you later."

They said goodbye before he walked to his class.

While he talked about this matter easily, his parents were worried, and his mother was crying all the time, but his father told him to do whatever he wanted to do. He didn't hide anything that had happened to him.

Yuuei couldn't hide what had happened to him from his family or the public.

Still, it surprised him that his father supported him.

'Well, my words must move him.' He thought narcissistically.

With such a thought, he opened the door of his classroom and was surprised by the number of people in the class since all of them had come, and he was the last. This was weird, but he didn't have much to say since he didn't care.

As the sound of the sliding door was heard, it attracted everyone's attention, and they turned their gaze to him at the same time.

If it was other people, they might be pressured by these gazes, but who was he?

"Good morning."

"MINETA!!!!!"

They shouted, jumped, and leaped into him at the same time.

"...."

By then, he knew that he had controlled the voice in this class.

44