Chapter 344: You can become a hero!
293 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unlike his previous self, the shadow of the weak Midoriya could no longer be seen.

All that was seen was a resolute face brimming with determination to save everyone.

Once, he was asked by the previous generation holders of One-For-All, whether he could kill Shigaraki or not.

As of now, Shigaraki is a monster.

Shigaraki being dead was something that benefitted the world more than having him alive.

When Shigaraki died meant that peace would be maintained, and All-For-One's evil ambition also stopped.

Even if Shigaraki was the grandson of Nana Shimura, the seven holders of All-For-One, it didn't change the fact that what he did was harmful to the world.

However, Midoriya thought differently. When everyone thought that Shigaraki was evil and someone that should die, he felt that Shigaraki was crying for help—that cry he heard when they parted from the previous war. It was also what made him determined to save him since Shigaraki asked for help.

As a hero, it was his duty to save people who were in need of help.

This was why he wouldn't kill him, but he would save him!

He said those words to all the previous generation of One-For-All in the form of children as they could see him helplessly, yet Nana Shimura cried, moved by his words.

So, that was the way; he was going to beat Shigaraki up until he woke up!

*BOOOOM!*

It was faster than a bullet.

Midoriya smashed his fist into Shigaraki.

With Midoriya's speed, Shigaraki was simply helpless. Still, while he was unable to use his Quirk due to Monoma and Aizawa, he wasn't so helpless. Maybe, due to mutations or other reasons, his hands could grow so that they could form a massive hand, enough to cover the coffin in the sky.

Yet, even so, he was helpless against Midoriya.

Midoriya was different from the previous Midoriya.

While he didn't face Lady Nagant, he still faced many other villains and jailbreakers. He also faced Mineta and trained under Sir Night Eye, All-Might, all the previous generation of One-For-All, and many others. Everyone had given their all to teach him everything that they knew so that in this last battle, he could bring everyone hope.

Even Mineta had to admit that the only person that could face Shigaraki was Midoriya.

As for the rest? They might crumble before they are able to do something.

However, Midoriya was different. He was protected by something. More importantly, he also had the power to back up his selfishness.

Yet, he didn't realize it, and he was only moved by his belief.

By now, he had mastered all of the Quirks of the previous generation of One-For-All. Whether it was "Blackwhip," "Float," "Smokescreen," "Danger Sense," "Fa-Jin," then lastly, "Gearshift."

"Gearshift" was the last Quirk that he mastered, and it was a Quirk from the second generation.

This Quirk allowed him to alter the speed of anything he touched, allowing him to accelerate the force of a target, either by enhancing the impact force of his own strikes or by causing the target to lose control of its own velocity.

Using this Quirk, he made his speed faster and made him able to send "Detroit Smash" in succession, giving a tremendous blow and damage to Shigaraki.

However, while everything was moving in the right direction, Murphy's Law had always been working in wonder.

For a moment, the coffin in the sky was lost control by a hacker from the Liberation.

Then, Kurogiri was able to be freed by the Liberation, causing chaos, interrupting Monoma and Aizawa, and giving Shigaraki a chance to use his Quirk.

The coffin in the sky was crumbling, and it fell from the sky, but the villain, who had fought Midoriya before, went out and helped to stop it from falling.

Everything moved in a direction that one couldn't imagine.

Yet, in the worst case, All-For-One started to lose control over Shigaraki.

When Shigaraki accepted All-For-One's Quirk, All-For-One also hijacked his body, causing Shigaraki to become conscious of falling asleep. Yet, in this battle, their consciousness fought each other, and Shigaraki regained consciousness, pushing All-For-One away from his body.

The real All-For-One, who used a drug made from Eri's blood, regained his youth and power, but he couldn't help but frown at Shigaraki. He also couldn't ask for the help of Hokusai since he knew that Hokusai was under siege by Mineta. He knew that he was the only one that could handle everything on his own, so this is what he did.

Fortunately, Endeavor was entangled by his eldest son, Dabi.

While everyone had their own thoughts, Midoriya and Shigaraki continued their battle as they talked about their beliefs.

Shigaraki wanted to destroy everything since this rotten world was better destroyed. The world, which could only give him pain, was better off disappearing. Yet, the young man in front of him was strangely annoying since he could see Midoriya's resolute eyes, who wanted to save him.

Midoriya also gave his everything while talking about his belief, thinking that everyone could become a hero. He also told his past about how he had always been a loser, and everyone told him to give up on becoming a hero, but now, he had become one.

"Everyone has always believed that it is impossible for me to become a hero, but look at me! I have become one! If I can become one, then you should also be able to become one too!"

"Me? Hero? Has your head gone crazy?

Shigaraki answered as if he was afraid of the inner part of his heart, which he tried to hide and buried deep inside to be known.

"Shigaraki, you can become a hero!"

Those words came from Midoriya's heart.

Then, as he shouted those words, he also used his everything to bring down Shigaraki.

Being beaten up, Shigaraki was unable to do anything, and he suddenly saw his grandmother, who hugged him tightly, along with his parents and family, who he had lost during his childhood.

He hated everything about his family since it denied him, but now, it was different. They gave him a gentleness, which he had never felt before, but he still tried to fight back, and it was impossible for him to give up so easily.

However, Midoriya became stronger and stronger until Shigaraki was unable to do anything.

"SHIGARAKI!"

Midoriya screamed Shigaraki's name as loud as possible to wake him up.

Shigaraki felt like his heart was shaken as he felt like he had become a child once again. He had become the "him," who still worshipped a hero and loved a hero, wishing to become one.

Then, in front of him, Midoriya was also a similar figure. His figure had become smaller, and he had become a child once again. He had this childish, stupid, yet kind smile, stretching his hand, trying to reach Shigaraki.

Watching this boy, Shigaraki was silent and timid. He didn't move from his spot and asked Midoriya.

"...can... can I become a hero?"

He held his pants tightly as he asked that question nervously.

"Yes, you can become one!"

Midoriya answered with a bright smile.

"......"

Shigaraki's eyes were brimming with tears as he took a step forward, trying to reach that hand, but...

"How boring."

At that moment, a figure walked out from the black smoke, appearing between Midoriya and Shigaraki.

11