Chapter 348: Goodbye
432 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Forty days had passed from the moment he had become the god of this new world.

Everyone was moving under the order, and no one dared to fight the order.

Everyone was living peacefully, at peace, without the worry of anything, yet their eyes were dead. In this perfect world, there was no future. They knew that this should be the world, they sought, the utopia, which they had dreamed of, yet when it became a reality, it was different from what they imagined.

In the past 40 days, 30 percent of the world's population has died, and this number will increase even more in the future as long as evil remains on this earth.

It was only a mere 40 days, but everyone had almost gone numb. The world seemed longer than it used to be, and every day was like hell for them since they didn't know when they were going to die. The only thing they could do was just to live like good citizens without causing trouble, honestly, and keep working hard.

If there was something that could release their stress from this life, it was probably alcohol, sex, and sleeping.

Unfortunately, if they did too much, then they might die too, so the majority of people could only live in fear.

However, today, everyone took a break.

All of them gathered in Tokyo to watch the first public execution.

Unlike how Hokusai usually killed people, where he would use his Quirk and kill people remotely, this time, he used an orthodox, traditional method, which was beheading.

The process would be shown to everyone clearly, without being censored.

If it had been before, many might have come out and done a protest to show something that shouldn't have been shown to people, but now, who dared to voice their opinion?

Everyone was quiet, like a group of good students who wished for the praise of their teacher for being obedient students. Living in this type of life, they were afraid sooner or later; they might have Stockholm syndrome.

With that said, unlike before, while there was any future in this life, the world seemed so vibrant. Many buildings were built in one this city, and before long, the chaos in this country and the world wouldn't be seen. Everything in the past would become nothing but a distant history, which might be forgotten or even erased when their children and grandchildren were born. However, it had nothing to do with them since they weren't sure whether they could see tomorrow or not.

Yet, deep in their hearts, they knew as long as they became a good citizen, they would be alright.

However, to become a good citizen, then they... it was hard to say, but they knew it was hard since, as a human, it was impossible for them to be perfect. They weren't angels who could follow the words of the creator devotedly without a single mistake. They were human creatures, which were punished, and sent to the earth because they ate the forbidden fruit.

It was normal for them to make a mistake, yet in this perfect world, such a mistake was unforgivable.

While everyone was anxiously thinking about their future and also waiting for the execution process, they heard an announcement, and the god was about to descend.

"God is about to descend! Show your deepest respect to Hokusai-sama! Pray!"

Everyone straightened their backs as they bowed their heads, pressing their forehead into the ground, ignoring whether the ground was dirty or not. In front of God's presence, they had to show the greatest respect, or else they would die. They also needed to pray with their purest heart, so they wouldn't be punished.

Soon, his figure descended.

Suitable to his title, God, Hokusai was living in heaven.

While it was named after a place for good people to live in the afterlife, in truth, it was an island that was floated 10,000 meters above the sea. No one really knew how he was about to do it, but with his miracle, it should be something normal for him to be able to do this.

Frankly, many people were curious about heaven, and they wondered whether they would be able to step their feet into that place when they became good citizens. No one really knew, but many of his priests, which were selected by Lady Nagant, talked about his heaven excitedly. They talked about how beautiful, how lovely, and how lush. Once said that it was something that one would have never thought existed in the world.

With their imagination, they started to think of many things, such as there were many types of fruits, vegetables, foods, and many others, which hadn't been seen in this world. There were many types of animals that were beautiful, rare, and only existed in that place. There were many others, but it was said there was a river filled with alcohol, honey, milk, and also fresh water. There were many others, but this wasn't so important currently since their god was about to descend.

The beautiful melody of trumpets was heard and echoed throughout the space.

The imposing atmosphere hung over everyone's heart as if they had never heard such a beautiful song, enhancing their fears and worshiping of their God.

Aizawa and Monoma, who kowtowed among all the people, also shivered as they thought about what they were about to do, but they had made up their minds.

"Get up."

The heroic yet feminine voice was heard by everyone, and they followed her words without a second later.

This execution was broadcast to the entire world, and with the different times of all the countries in this world, no one was missing, and they were all followed without being tardy, even if some of them were at midnight and ready to sleep.

Then, they saw his figure, standing in awe, while many thought that their world was too rotten, so a god was angry and punished them.

Hokusai's figure was like a god.

With 12 angel-like wings on his back, he had a handsome appearance, which could seduce any gender and everyone in this place, yet also gave a majestic and coldness, which made people not dare to stare at him.

Yes, cold.

As of now, while his figure was like a beautiful angel or even a god, the aura around him was like a wrathful god, the heavenly being whose mission was to punish all sinful people.

He dressed in all black, intimidating the people who were present and watching this broadcast.

Deep in their hearts, when they saw him, they had resentment since many of their families, loved ones, crushes, and many others died. After all, even if the dead one was an evil person, they still had few people who cared about them, but one by one fell down on the ground without being able to let out a voice. They died like a bug on the edge of the street. Yet, no one dared to voice their thoughts, and they were quiet until he descended into the luxurious massive vehicle to present his sacredness.

Still, while they didn't dare to look into Hokusai, they looked into a figure which was tied to the stake at the front part of the vehicle. All of them were familiar with his figure, but at this moment, many of them wanted to cry from fear, empathy, sadness, and weakness since, currently, they were unable to do anything.

Mineta's body was tied to the stake in the chain.

Yet, when one saw him, they could hardly look straight at him since his condition was so miserable. If they didn't know that this was an execution, then they thought that he was already dead.

He lowered his head as his face was covered by his hair, which had grown quite long after they met him from the last time.

"Minoru!"

Those who remembered him wanted to reach him, but they didn't dare since they were scared.

Meanwhile, others held themselves as they bit their lips.

His body was riddled with injuries, and blood could be seen trickling from the tip of his feet, turning the ground beneath into a puddle of blood. His white shirt had already turned red from his blood. Around the chain, which tied him down, barbs could be seen, worsening his wounds and not letting them heal.

When they thought he had been tortured for the past 40 days, they thought death might be better.

As the preparation was finished, the parade started.

The execution didn't start immediately. Instead, Mineta was going to be paraded to show what kind of punishment one would receive when one tried to fight the god.

However, when the parade started, an unexpected thing happened.

Hokusai suddenly felt something on his body, and he couldn't use his Quirk, but the most surprising thing, black smoke appeared, and two figures appeared in front of him so suddenly.

Hokusai could react, but suddenly the sound of a gun echoed through the area.

*Bang!*

Lady Nagant, who had been standing behind him devotedly, shot her rifle into Hokusai's chest before she shot her temple and committed suicide.

During that exchange, Shigaraki also used his "Decay" to thrust his fist into Hokusai's chest, disintegrating the right side of his chest along with his heart.

Hokusai stared at Shigaraki with a smile. "Yo, it's been a while. Have you changed your job now? A hero, huh? Every day must be fun for you now."

"...why?" Shigaraki asked since he knew that Hokusai could kill all of them, but he didn't do it.

"Did you remember our first time? We have made a promise, right?" Hokusai still smiled.

Shigaraki opened his lips before he closed them again. There were many things that he wanted to say, but he knew that their time was limited.

"So, do me one last favor. I don't want my body to become a mummy or be used as a research object. Erase me completely."

"...un."

"Well, even if you have become a hero, the future will be hard, so see you next time, Shigaraki-kun."

Leaving those words, Hokusai disintegrated into dust.

Shigaraki didn't say anything and stared at where Hokusai had disappeared.

Everyone was unable to comprehend what was happening, but the sound of guns and a group of people came out, telling everyone to calm down while shouting that they were freed from Hokusai.

Meanwhile, Ibara, Momo, Kendo, and many others also quickly went after Mineta to help him.

"Hurry up, bring him down!"

"Doctor! Doctor! Hurry up and come here!"

"Be careful! He is in critical condition!"

"Minoru! Minoru!"

Mineta opened his eyes slightly, and an intense light almost blinded his eyes, but as he squinted his eyes, he saw a lot of familiar figures and showed a weak smile as he let out a helpless sigh.

'It's over.'

As the sound of cheers echoed throughout the world, he closed his eyes.

12