Chapter 349: Living as a Mineta is hard
756 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week had passed since the incident, and the impact definitely wasn't something that could be erased so easily. Even though Hokusai had died, disappeared, and disintegrated into dust, no one really dared to talk about his name openly, especially with the horror which he had engraved into everyone's mind.

Yet, this was normal since everyone who stayed alive was those whose gentleness and kindness were better than others.

As for those whose hearts were as black as sticky tar, all of them had died along with Hokusai.

Still, one thing was for sure, even if he was gone, the world was in order since he didn't erase the government and the law enforcers' institutions.

As for war, fighting, or other criminal activity?

No one really had the energy to do it since the deaths for the past 40 days were too much, and all of them were tired and exhausted to watch death.

While according to the statistics, the number of deaths was at least more than 20 percent of the total population; it could be more. No one knew for sure since no one really had time to count the number of corpses that were dying. The only thing they were grateful about was that they still lived until now.

However, for one thing, after the death of Hokusai, villains appeared once again. While there weren't many, without a doubt, the number would increase soon.

This showed what kind of forgetful and idiot a human creature was, yet, for that matter, had nothing to do with him.

On one of the beaches in Kamakura, which was hidden from the public and was owned by someone, two figures could be seen.

A woman sat while caressing the hair of the young man who lay on her lap, who seemed to be sleeping. His breathing was soft, and he seemed to be at ease.

The sky was blue, the waves were gentle, and the wind was cool.

Under this type of weather, she didn't blame him for sleeping, but even so, she asked softly, "Say, has the world turned into a better place?"

"I wonder."

He didn't open his eyes as he answered those words.

"You're not sure?"

His answer dumbfounded her.

"Then, you think the world in which I have become a god is a better place?" He opened his eyes and asked.

Mineta looked at Lady Nagant, who asked that question. Frankly, if one saw her, they would be surprised since everyone in the world saw she had committed suicide, but he was using his power, so everything was just an illusion.

The only thing, which was real, was that he really died. His other self, Hokusai, really died, being killed by Shigaraki.

"Er..."

Being asked that question, Lady Nagant or Kaina Tsutsumi couldn't answer him.

Was the world, which was governed by him as a god, could be said to be a better place?

Under his rule, the world was peaceful.

No crime happened. No villains appeared. All the people could live without worry.

Yet... yet... she couldn't answer his question.

"Right?" Mineta enjoyed Kaina's soft thighs while looking at her, who seemed to be tangled, but her breasts were huge, so it was hard for him to look into her face. "Everything has to be in balance." Still, his expression didn't change much when he was thinking of obscene things.

"...balance, huh?" Kaina let out a long sigh, but even if this was kind of absurd, she also somehow felt that a little trouble was necessary. After all, it was impossible for one to live a perfectly pure white life without any stains. "Then, why did you die there? Why didn't you just pretend to lose and escape?" She was confused by his decision to die in that place.

Mineta looked at Kaina as if he was looking at an idiot.

"Wh-what's with that eyes?!" She was furious when she saw his eyes.

"Isn't this why you have always become a tool? Ouch! Ouch! Don't pull my cheek! I am a patient, you know?"

Kaina rolled her eyes, but she kept staring at him.

"Geez, be gentle, okay?"

"Then, answer me!"

"Be patient." He let out a helpless sigh. "Do you know how everyone can work together toward one goal without fighting each other?"

Kaina blinked her eyes and asked, "Why did you ask me such a question?"

"Answer my question first."

Kaina thought for a moment, but she couldn't come up with an answer since she knew that it was impossible since everyone had their own selfishness, difference, agendas, and many others, which made it impossible for people to work together without conflict.

"The answer is simple."

"How?"

"It's to have an enemy."

"Enemy?"

"Yes, when there is an enemy they have to defeat, they ignore conflict, selfishness, and differences in their group, so they can achieve their goal."

"...so that enemy is yours?" Kaina asked in a complicated mood.

"That's right." Mineta nodded. "With me as the enemy, everyone is working together without fighting each other, but..."

"But...?"

"Like how a villain starts to appear for one or two after a week, the world probably forgets about the pain, which they receive previously."

"...then... then, why do you need to be in pain then? What's the point of all of this?"

She was already crying, wondering why he should beat himself like before if, at the end of the result, nothing changed. Unlike others, she always had by his side, accompanying him, watching him erasing one life after another like nothing. He might say nothing, but she knew how heavy his burden was.

Yet, even after all that, nothing changed, then... then...

"Naturally, it won't be soon; it might be a century later. When we die, or in the distant future where we're not here anymore."

Mineta wiped away her tears. "However, for one thing, everything is moving in the right direction. I can't say it is perfect, but it is good, right? You are with me. I am with you. For now, that's all that matters, right?"

"Minoru..." Kaina's eyes were still misty from her previous tears, but she rolled her beautiful eyes, showing helplessness. "If you don't have other women besides me, then I will be moved now."

"Haha..." He could only laugh awkwardly.

Kaina shook her head helplessly, but it didn't matter since this part of him also made her fall for him.

"As expected, you are here!"

"Ah, there you are!"

"Minoru, why are you here? The whole hospital is in a panic because you have gone missing!"

Kaina and Mineta saw all of his women walk in their direction as they scolded him.

As he had said before, he was a patient, and without a doubt, he was the most important patient in this country, if not the world. After all, he had become a symbol of peace now. Among all the people who had resisted Hokusai, he was the only one that was still alive.

All the countries in this world also wanted this world to turn into a better place, and they thought of him as that symbol.

By now, if he asked for the seat of prime minister, he would become one without a doubt.

Just kidding; he just wanted to rest now.

Still, he knew that he had escaped from the hospital, so he could relax. "It's okay, isn't it? I will go back later."

They let out a sigh, but they agreed with him. However, their expression seemed to be a little tangled.

"What's wrong?" Mineta asked in doubt.

"Er... Minoru..." Ibara hesitated, then said, "Um... I have become pregnant."

"Me too."

"Ah, I am too."

"When you were caught before, I also realized I had gotten pregnant."

One by one, they told him that they had become pregnant.

"..."

Mineta had gone dizzy since he hadn't even graduated from high school, yet he had impregnated his girlfriends.

Was this an unplanned pregnancy?

Fortunately, he had enough money, and taking care of a big family definitely wasn't a problem.

"Um, I am pregnant too..." Kaina was a bit shy, but she also joined since it was hard to say it when they were alone.

"...."

Looking at all of his women, who had gotten pregnant without him even planning it, he showed a weak smile and thought that his life as a Mineta was hard.

NOTE:

Thank you!

This is the end of this novel, and thank you for reading it.

Frankly, when I wrote this novel, I had thought that it would end with 500 chapters or so, but in the end, it ended so early.

I have an up and down with this novel, and I have thought to stop many times, but I gritted my teeth and kept writing.

When I wrote this novel, I just followed the hype since many of the writers wrote about "Boku no Hero Academia," and the time was right since the manga was about to end. I also had some lingering feelings in the past since I had always wanted to make a story with Mineta as a protagonist.

With that being said, I failed miserably in the beginning since the drama was too heavy and the monologue was too much.

I knew this novel had failed, so I made a drastic move, which made this novel could be saved, at least barely.

However, I am glad to write this novel since even if I have written for so long, I still have many things to learn, and I realize it from this novel.

Lastly, thank you for reading this story~!

From your lovely author—Akikan40.

16