Chapter 2: at least as a meat shield
3.7k 3 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: at least as a meat shield

 

On the contrary the mercenaries were laughing with ridiculing expression.

 

One of the mercenaries wanted to say something but was stopped by another mercenary who was looking at the face of Vikram with astonishment.

 

The mercenary wanted to say that the land mines cannot be triggered using a bunch of stones.

 

If they were triggered so easily then why would they go all the way to an orphanage to buy these people?

 

Vikram that previously put on a defeated expression has a slight change.

 

His lips gently curved upwards and his eyes are looking at the other people like they were dead men.

 

Right after that a loud sound came.

 

“Boom”

 

The first person that is making his way under the marking rocks of Vikram successful stepped on a land mind when he crossed over 3 quarters of the distance.

 

The ones behind the fatty fell on the sides causing a few more explosions reducing their numbers.

 

The remaining ones did not have a choice but to move forward because of the threat of guns from behind them.

 

Vikram on the other hand is standing at the last.

 

The mercenaries did not say anything but coldly pointed their guns at the people.

 

Vikram did not stop as he threw more rocks to the front completely covering the distance to the ruined buildings.

 

The people are always hopeful and thought that the fatty has wrong stepped and was blasted.

 

So there is nothing wrong with the rocks that Vikram threw.

 

They should be the safe spots.

 

This hope has led to few more causalities and the final resultant is that only Vikram with his whole body intact reached the ruined buildings.

 

The others or either dead or lost their limbs.

 

Vikram did not have any sadness or happiness in his eyes.

 

He silently went into the ruined building and brought back the briefcase.

 

He traced his own foot steps to come back to the mercenaries and said while handing over the briefcase.

 

“I know that you will not leave any one alive even after getting the briefcase back.

 

I put on my capabilities to display my usage and I hope that you can take me in at least as a meat shield.”

 

He did not say much but what he wanted to say was perfectly conveyed.

 

The mercenary that stopped the other mercenary from speaking before is the leader of the group.

 

He was actually attracted by the cleverness of Vikram.

 

Now that Vikram has spoken these words he put up a tough front and acted as if they reluctantly accepted Vikram into their group.

 

…………

 

From that day Vikram was always walking on the edge between the life and death.

 

He never shows anxiety or fear in the face of death.

 

Also he always enjoys the smallest things like he has won the world.

 

There is one time he was given a chocolate to eat and the expression on Vikram's face is like that of a man that just has an orgasm.

 

Well it is not only that even the tasteless food that they ate every day, the small amount of sleep or rest and everything he got was treasured like gold.

 

After some time the mercenaries started to teach him various things related to combat, weapons, software, goods, secret routes……….

 

In a way they did not teach him directly but he made them teach these things to him using the most common method of asking to learn in the form of helping them in their work.

 

Humans have the 7 sins but these 7 are not sins but loop holes.

 

As long as they were controlled properly it is no longer a sin but a part of life of every human.

 

Only if these things are excessive to cause damage they will become sins if not it is not then it is not a sin.

 

Vikram used two of these sins that every human has as a weapon to get their knowledge.

 

They are pride and sloth.

 

They are prideful to show off their knowledge and lazy enough to leave the tasks in the hands of servants which is Vikram at the scene.

 

Since he is with them they thought that he should learn some things.

 

While teaching they would show off their skills in pride and after some good words from Vikram they would teach him in the name of their pride.

 

They never thought that Vikram is a person that comes once in a billion that possesses two great qualities.

 

Insight and obsessive will.

 

He has this obsessive will when he does something or learns something.

 

When he sees someone performing a thing that he doesn’t know how to do, he will immediately observe them with the highest concentration.

 

He would not just leave at that but use his other knowledge to analyze it and then finally tries to acquire the knowledge for himself.

 

His will to do something that he deems necessary is as good as an obsession of a mad man.

 

For example when the techy of the mercenaries taught him some of the hacking skills and boasted his own hacking skill Vikram became obsessed.

 

He understood that how important those hacking skills are in the present day world.

 

So he learnt them like there is no tomorrow but he cannot show his progress in front of those mercenaries in order to not to attract their attention.

 

He did not have the room for errors at all.

 

He used the time he got to practice in secret till he mastered all the computer languages to the point where he wrote some software that are hidden even to the eyes of the techy that taught him.

 

He not only did that but the usage of the fire arms, close combat, secret routes for travelling, getting the original id proofs, mercenary gathering areas, underground rules and the art of disguise……..

 

He learnt all of them while he stayed with those mercenaries.

 

When he finally got all of their skills, Vikram has decided to execute a fine plan that he made for them.

 

80