Ch.28
1.9k 8 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

AN: Some have complained about the time in Sweden is boring, but it won't last much longer. This 'arc' is meant to give you more information about his bear forms and build the story for later. This chapter is going to be a big info dump too for the most part, so if that bores you then you can skip it in advance.

______________________________________________________________________

(Matt Pov)

Waking up the next day and quickly getting ready, after breakfast Eva lead Alice and me to where the training ground for shifters in the clan. It was located in the back of the clan grounds up the river nearby. It had many different things for training, a huge-looking treadmill, giant rocks, and other 'workout' equipment meant for a bear, though it all had runes etched on each item. There was also smaller equipment for people, presumably for when you want to train not in your bear form, also with runes etched on them. Arriving we can see most of the shifters in the clan are here, though none have changed into their bear form.

"Eva! You gonna actually train with us for once, O mighty brown bear?!" an older-looking shifter around Eva's age says seeing her arrive with us at the grounds.

"Shut up Lars, you ass," Eva says rolling her eyes at Lars who is laughing at her now.

"Ignore the idiot, we grew up together. He is the son of Aron the elder of the sloth bears," Eva says as we walk over to the training ground for people.

"So as you can see, each of our types of equipment has runes etched in them. Since mom has been training you both can either of you tell me what they mean?" Eva asks us with a raised eyebrow. After inspecting them, it seems Alice knows the answer right away but is looking at me to see if she should answer. I give her a nod to answer.

"It means they are magically imbued to change to the user's required weight, or for the treadmill the speed," Alice says and Eva smiles at her nodding since she is right.

"Matt you should try harder, seems like Alice has a knack for runes," Eva says smirking at me and I just shrug since Alice is better at runes than me, either way, doesn't matter.

"We will start with your limits in your human form, then see your limits in your bear form. I will set the weight to my max since I'm the strongest bear here," Eva says gesturing for me to start and making all the clan members start arguing with her, seeing everyone joke around with one another brings me happiness. Now I see what it's like for the wolves with their pack, I have my own group of family now, like me.

All the clan members who were there are now all looking at me curiously to see my limits. Grabbing a weight meant for bicep curls, I easily lift it and make all the clan members snicker at Eva, who laughs and then keeps adjusting the weight until it becomes hard for me. It finally becomes almost impossible for me to curl as I strain at 6 tons (5.44 metric tons), seeing this insane weight that I'm lifting, which is three times as much as Eva makes everyone look at me in excitement. Then we move on to squats to test my legs, and once again Eva sets it to her max weight first at 10 tons (9.07 metric tons). Seeing this is easy for me she keeps increasing it until I hit my max, at three times her max once again, so 30 tons (27.2 metric tons). Then we go to the bench press, Eva sets it to 8 tons (7.26 metric tons), and once again my max is three times her max (24 tons/ 21.8 metric tons).

"Damn  Matt, you are scary strong! You're even stronger than the last polar bear in the clan according to the records. You just set a new impossible record, I don't think anyone can beat," Eva says seeing the amount I could lift, and the clan members all nod in agreement.

"Hopefully you aren't crazy fast either, that would be just unfair," Eva says while everyone laughs and Alice smirks at me knowing how fast I can be.

Walking over to the treadmill Eva, I start walking as Eva sets it to her max speed. Soon after the boom of me passing the speed of sound, resounds around us. Her max is 1120mph (1800km/h) and this is easy for me, though it becomes difficult at 3360mph (5400km/h) for me. However, I can last at my full speed for almost just over six hours I feel, but stop at an hour. Which is also three times as long as Lars who is considered the long-distance runner of the clan. As I'm running everyone is trying to lift and see who comes next in line, and Alice joins them. She appears to be stronger than sloth bears, but weaker than panda bears.

(For reference the speed of sound is 767mph or 1235km/h, so the MC is about four times the speed of sound.)

"This is so unfair," Astrid says seeing what I'm capable of and making everyone sigh and nod in agreement.

"I can't help that I'm just that much better than you'll," I say to them making everyone immediately start yelling at me and the joking atmosphere brings a smile to my face.

"OK, OK, everyone calm down! Let's see what Matt can do in his bear form!" Eva says shouting over the arguments I formed in the clan and now everyone is looking at me in more excitement.

Turning into my werebear form, we walk over to the training area for bear forms. Once again we start with rocks made to look like dumbbells for curling. Eva sets it to her bear form max, which is 15 tons (13.6 metric tons) and my max is three times as much as her again in all forms of lifting again. That makes it 45 tons (40.8 metric tons) for curling, 150 tons (136 metric tons) for squatting, and 120 tons (109 metric tons) for bench press. The speed of this form, like everyone else, is just slightly slower than our human forms, so for me, my max speed is 3000mph (4800 km/h).

"........This is....is just insane," Astrid says and everyone agrees with her.

"You're lucky mom stopped you from fighting him, he'd crush you immediately. Plus you don't even have runes on you yet and he has some already," Lucas says to his sister Astrid making her glare at him in annoyance.

"That doesn't mean I can't beat your ass Lucas!" Astrid says and shifts into her bear form chasing down Lucas who runs away and quickly shifts too. The two quickly begin to brawl and roll around on the ground.

"Well while those two morons fight, Matt I'll teach you some Glima, the ancient fighting style passed down in our clan," Eva says gesturing for me to follow her to an open field area of the training ground, where there are several circular places around the area. Half is about 15' (4.6m) in diameter and the others are probably for the bear form at 30' (9.1m) in diameter.

"Alright first I'll teach you in your human form, then we can move to bear form," Eva says getting into one of the circles and taking her shirt off. Now Eva is wearing only a sports bar and short compression shorts. Eva looks a lot more muscular than I thought, she has a very defined six-pack and other very defined muscles. The rest of the clan goes about working out and messing around with one another.

"Can you teach me to?" Alice says as I shift back into my human form and take my shirt off too.

"Sure once I beat Matt's ass, I'll show you," Eva says smiling at Alice and then smirks at me as I step into the circle.

"Ok Matt normally we wear special straps for this to teach you easier, but with your freakish strength, I don't think it is required. The whole point is to grab your opponent's waist, pants, or anything they are wearing in that area. Then lifting them and slamming them into the ground, after that…..well it's ground and pound time," Eva says before gesturing for me to come at her.

Rushing her I grab her waist, though somehow she is able to outmaneuver me and get behind me. Grabbing my shorts she lifts me up and slams me on the ground, stunned that she beat me, she quickly gets on top of me and puts her fist in my face.

"It's not all about speed and strength Matt, though usually, it may work for you in most cases. Though I want you to learn the techniques ok?" Eva says to me still sitting on top of me and giving me a serious look and I nod in understanding to her. Then she has a devious smile on her face.

"Here I thought little Matt would have woken up, I may be your Aunt, but most men find me attractive. Guess age is finally getting to me," Eva says laughing and pushing herself off of me. I have a stunned look on my face and don't even know how to respond to that.

"Maybe if Alice comes into the ring and climbs on top of you, then mini Matt will wake up," Eva says laughing at my shocked face and disbelief at what she is saying.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" I say to her getting up and looking at her in disgust.

"Oh relax Matt, I was just messing with you. Lars when we were younger, popped a boner after I beat him like you and was on top of him," Eva says making Lars who heard her yell in anger and everyone laughs at the situation.

"FUCK YOU EVA! That was years ago! At least I found my mate, you pervert!" Lars says making Eva have a quick depressed look, but she quickly hides and laughs off the whole situation.

Then the rest of the day was Eva teaching Alice and me Glima. At some point also see how I do in my bear form, which I can do much better only since I can ground myself better in that form. Returning to the family house, beaten and tired just wanting to eat and sleep.

"Seems Eva put you through the wringer huh," Ingegärd says as we enter the house and sees my state.

"Yeah, Eva is very strong in the ring," I say walking past her to get a shower, with Alice skipping behind me, Eva went so much easier on Alice.

After getting in the shower and Alice getting one with me. It would seem I have enough energy still to enjoy ourselves before going down to eat dinner.

"Matt, I can keep teaching you Glima until you leave if you want, I took the rest of summer off from my job," Eva says to me as we are eating dinner.

"Sure, that would be cool," I say to her and she smiles at me nodding.

'So in the early morning I will meditate, then do Glima with Eva and Alice the rest of the day until rune practice with Ingegärd in the afternoon,' I think to myself on the daily schedule I will have for the rest of the summer it seems.

70