Worlds without Ending
3k 6 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This Being seemed chatty...

Barnes pouted since this Entity took his chance to explain something to Arthur.

"So, Mr. DeLeTeD__UsEr@52, do you have any specific approach you want me to take for this particular objective?" Arthur exhaled, "It's just that you personally came to warn me against this approach.. and all. It's you, right? The one behind this screen?" 

[ Yes, it is me. And no, the approach is entirely up to you, that was always your job. But I do hope your approach is entertaining enough. And if you find yourself inadequate for this objective, just abandon it... as accomplishing the second objective will fulfill my main purpose even after the world's chosen one dies... And My interaction with you is just a whim, no deeper meaning in this. ]

"Hmm? Main Character dies?" Arthur folded his arms.

[ Worlds sometimes test their chosen ones. They do so, by retracting their protection when it's most needed. But for the one moment when this World stopped babysitting the Main Character, that worthless turd, he became an undead along with the whole talented and great main cast. ]

[ For some reason, the world couldn't find a new main character, which caused it's eventual doom. Hence these kinds of worlds are known as 'Worlds Without Endings'. ]

"I see, a world like mine, huh." Arthur nodded.

Meanwhile, Barnes was suppressing his jealousy, he wanted to explain all this to Arthur sooooo~ bad, but sadly even he didn't know some of what the Being was telling him. Learning never stops, so he gritted his yellow beak to listen and learn.

"I assume the new main character can't be me. Since I'm an external entity, correct?"

[ Yes. ]

"Thanks...." Arthur paused, a contemplating look formed on his face as he rubbed his chin.

He continued. "But, Mr. DeLeTeD__UsEr@52... I still think that your interaction with me isn't just your whim. You know how desperate I am to obtain power... you guys can spy on this dimension and can even see the old missions so, it's obvious."

He leaned towards the screen as if looking straight into the Being's eyes on the other side. "You also know what shit I caused in my previous mission. And you know I will again run for the Optional Objective, that's why you're here to personally clear my doubts so that I have more information so that I can form better plans... for the Optional Objective."

"You really want someone to do the Optional Objective, but due to the rules and regulations, you can't put this Objective with the main ones. That's why you've come to me. Someone desperate and someone you think can do it. But you know what? This time I really might just abandon the Optional Objective. Messing with World's Will is just too unpredictable. More so, this is a world without an ending. It has many unpredictables to throw at me. And Barnes had somewhat... taught me a lesson... so you know..."

[ Sigh, Alright Alright, I get it! This is why smart ones are tough to deal with. I suppose it was my fault too, shouldn't have shown you my frustration like that. Then again, I wouldn't have come here if I didn't know you were. This something which can't be achieved by mere brute force. Tell me what you want, just not anything too absurd. ]

"I want my family and Luna back, you know them right?" Arthur replied instantly, his voice was filled with hope.

Barnes turned to the screen too, forgetting all his jealousy and hoping the being would agree.

[ Luna... ah, yes. But isn't Chaotic_Neutral@3639 already taking care of her soul? As for your parents, they died too long ago. They have already reincarnated. Do you wish to extract their souls? ]

"No, if they have reincarnated then they must've forgotten about me and gotten attached to their new worlds and... new loved ones. I can't snatch their new life away." He shook his head and bit his lip.

"Then can you make me powerful enough to eradicate the Devil race of my world or at least strong enough to rescue Luna by using the world ticket?"

[ I assumed you were smart. Don't you understand the meaning of absurd? You do know what the devils of your world really are, right? ]

Arthur sighed, "I know, was just testing your definitions of absurd..."

"Tell me, does making an item I have work in your universe sound absurd?"

[You talking about, Space Stone? That's possible, I'll just have to tweak it a bit. But remember this, it will be only useable in this universe. ]

A new screen popped up.

[ Request Accepted. Transfer the item here.]

Arthur's eyes widened... 'Seriously, I was just confirming it, didn't ask for it... *sigh* this bastard saw the first easy thing and confirmed it.'

'I can't argue with him too much. Can't lose this easy contract. Besides, having a working infinity stone even for this universe doesn't sound too bad... hah.'

The Tesseract which he assumed to be a useless decoration in his inventory... was going to be usefull in the HOTD universe.

It would make this mission a whole lot easier. He thought the only useful things in his inventory were the tanks and aircraft which would become functional again when he tinkers with them... but now, they'll work at full power in the apocalyptic world he was going to.

Even the guns will be functional since they're powered by the embers of Tesseract, so it was obvious that if Space stone works then the guns would too.

"Wait a bit... it's in Valkyrie and if I take it out here then it would get devoured by the Black Void, can I transfer it with the aircraft?" He looked at Barnes.

Barnes's eyes twinkled at Arthur's query. He opened his beak with pride, "Yes, of course, you can, Arthur!"

And Arthur did just that.

A while later, the Valkyrie was returned, but this time with a useable Space Stone inside it.

The corner of Arthur's lips lifted a bit, "Mr. DeLeTeD__UsEr@52, you didn't even wait for me to accept your contract..."

Arthur's mind already began brewing up plans for this and was just going to accept the mission, but another screen popped up, with a mission from another entity.

Barnes's suddenly started twirling around while creating brilliant sparks around him in celebration. He fucking manifested firecrackers and sparkles. This bastard had authorized items such as this but not daily essentials!

Arthur chuckled at his antics, exasperated a little. These three months provided enough time for Arthur's mental wounds to heal, and he was a lot used to the slightly annoying penguin's antics.

[ Mission ]

Contractor: Guardian_Of_Milfs&Onee-Sans@69

World: Demon Slayer

Objective 1: Kill Muzan Kibutsuji

Reward: Acquire one Blood Demon Art of your choice.

Objective 2: Save Tamayo, Shinobu Kocho, Mitsuri Kanroji

Reward: Heal- The user can heal any mental or physical injury of themselves or someone else's and revive a dead person (Can only revive up to 60 seconds after death).

Optional Objective: Save Kei Kamado

Reward: ???

=============

Drop Point: The day on which Tanjiro Kamado's family dies.

=============

[                                       ]

                               

Arthur got two missions in a row, one came from someone with a weird name while another was from a pervert(?) with a weird name.

'Hmm, a mission in the Demon Slayer world, huh...'

If Arthur had to categorize the missions he had received till now, then the Marvel one seemed to be Entertainment type, and these two were like Correction type.

"Hey Barnes, I won't be losing a contract just because I chose to accept the other one first, right?" 

"Of course not, you can always do missions one after the other, you just have to accept the contracts you're willing to do in the future," Barnes answered in a serious tone and then resumed twirling around as he created sparkles around him and Arthur.

He was so happy that Arthur got two missions in a row!

This was among the few 'super-ultra-rare' happenings.

Arthur closed his eyes and put his finger on the bridge of his nose for a few seconds before saying, "Okay, so... I accept both missions, and I choose to do Mr. DeLeTeD__UsEr@52's mission first,"

It was pretty easy to choose from both missions.

"But wait, don't send me yet. I need to think of a plan... no multiple plans to do the Optional Objective of the HOTD world."

He closed his eyes and began his musing... deep in thought...

'Takashi Komuro... You were a bit annoying to watch in the anime... but I don't hate you. Your slight perversion was relatable. I even liked how you were not a complete pussy... But other than that you were a completely average person. No great qualities nor any worse. No saint but also no criminal. But for this mission and for my selfishness... I will have to.... break your will to even live.'

A while later, he opened his eyes. "Mr. DeLeTeD__UsEr@52 consider all your objectives done... Okay, I'm ready. Send me there."  

This mission was gonna be a piece of cake with his enhanced body, his arsenal and Tesseract's power.

He blinked, and his view changed just like on his first mission.

.....

<- High School Of The Dead World - Fujimi Highschool >

When Arthur opened his eyes, he was welcomed by a blue sky with scattered white clouds. The stark yellow sun radiated its heat. Its pleasant warmth touched his skin.

Slowly the grogginess lessened.

In the last mission, he was too distracted to notice that the sudden change in gravity had no impact on his constitution. Just a small detail he figured.

His bare feet after so many years felt the touch of the ground. In the black void, there were obviously no floors for him to practice moving, but he bets that this enhanced body would take absolutely no time to get used to walking or even sprinting. Steve Rogers could chase a fucking car right after the transformation, that much great this body was.

He smiled softly still looking ahead toward the city, deep in thought. 

All his senses were back to normal, it took him no longer than just a few seconds. His peripheral caught a glimpse of a man.

He turned his head, his eyes widened a bit.

It was the Main Character.

The place where Arthur was transported to was the terrace, above the stairs, near the observatory.

Since, the Main Character was here... it meant the best Main Character candidate was already bitten.

".... A-Anata wa n-nandesuka...?" The spiky brown-haired boy asked in bewilderment.

'Just what are you... he asks, huh... I can understand Japanese too. Cool!' Arthur thought.

Next arc begins!!

This arc will be a bundle of entertainment.

It is going to be a long arc probably about 30-40 chapters or even more.

It will have wish-fulfillment, slice of life, romance... hot and sweaty raunchy scenes... and obviously a lot of planning, psychological manipulation and cool scenes.

Now, about the update schedule. Since we have caught up with already published chaps on webnovel. There won't be daily releases. I will update new chaps three times a week, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 

Support me on Patre0n and read ahead. It would be a huge help.

https://www.patreon.com/Marveller

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/T3GN7nqKgS

 

96