I can be useful in all sorts of ways~
2.3k 6 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arthur sighed as he heard the screams of people on the bus, he put the gun back in his inventory.

Kohta, Kazu, and others were also shocked, but they were still calmer, they knew him and his reasons better and really trusted Arthur. Especially, Kazu.

"It's safe now..." He muttered under his sigh. Only a few could listen to his relieved words, well, only Saeko, Saya, and Kohta.

He looked at the chaos in the bus, and Rei stared at him with stars in her eyes as though he was an idol.

He looked at Saya and nodded to her, and then sat on his seat.

It surprised her, he was telling her to calm the situation. He was relying on her.

She stood up and went to the back, internally slightly glad that he was relying on her.

"Why the hell did you kill him!!!" Takashi yelled as he stomped toward him.

"Takashi! Calm the fuck down! Your anger is baseless! He said it didn't he? That Shidou was a villain! I was right all along. If Arthur didn't kill him now, who knows what that asshole would've done to us!" Rei pulled Takashi back with a yell.

She continued, "You all don't know him, you don't know what he did to me and my father! And he did all those things when the law and order still existed, think what he could've done when the state of the world is like this!!!!!"

Takashi looked at Rei.

Why did she never tell him those things, was he so untrustworthy? Did she tell all these things to Hisashi? Is this why she always said that he never understood her? Was it his fault all along...?

Takashi just stared at Rei for a few moments, his feelings complicated.

Leaving Takashi, Rei joined Saya to explain everything in better detail to them, trying to calm them down, trying to justify Shidou's death.

The thing happened so fast that the students couldn't even comprehend what and why it happened.

"If he was just a small-time villain, you could've just thrown him out off the bus, the undeads would have done the job nonetheless, why scare other people? Why kill him here? You could kill a weak man like that anywhere and anytime." Saeko gawked at him.

Was he... like her perhaps? Getting pleasure from seeing miserable states of people. A thought washed over her mind.

Arthur turned to her, "Small-time villains shouldn't be underestimated, Saeko... they tend to push bigger villains toward the Main Character. I couldn't risk his survival that's why I took it upon myself. Also killing him here was necessary, I know the future, have faith in me."

He obviously didn't tell her the real reason. But Takashi's complicated expressions told him, the results of this Arc were successful. He also gave the students a fine demonstration of his power, and he was sure that Rei and Saya would do a pretty good job in painting him in a better light to them.

These students weren't just disposable mutts. They were needed for improving his new main character's leadership skills. But they were immature and bound to take silly actions, with this they won't cause unnecessary problems.

Killing Shidou here really was the most efficient way to hit all the marks at once.

"But now they're scared of you... they think you're a monster." She glanced behind as Rei explained everything to the terrified students.

"Well, I've sent Saya to explain everything to them, they're free to leave too, they know they aren't bound to stay with us anyway." He pursed his lips.

They will definitely stay.

He had already decided who'll be the four people from the main cast to live in the shelter he was going to make, for the second objective. He killed Shidou just now, for his third objective. All he gotta do is survive in this world for the next five years without becoming undead, his first objective.

The thing that's really going to push him is changing the main character without attempting to kill him.

But his words troubled Saeko a bit - Her being one of the main casts and Arthur knowing her enough.

"Shizuka, where are we going?" He inquired from his seat.

"Oh~ We're already on a first-name basis? I'm so happy I could die~" She melted in a cheery smile.

He exhale through his nose at her reaction.

'So, she just chose to ignore the happenings, huh.'

Shizuka might not look it but she's smart, in fact, she was soon going to become a full fledge doctor. She also understood Arthur's reason to eliminate Shidou, she didn't like him anyway.He gave her creepy vibes whenever he licked his lips while staring at her chest. But the main reason she chose to forget it about was that she believed in Arthur.

"Ah~ where I am driving to, you asked? I thought one of you will tell me the directions..." She turned back, "Was I going the wrong way?" She tilted her head, seemingly in a daze.

"Marikawa-Sensei! Look ahead!!" Kazu panicked.

"It's going to be dark soon, how about you take us to your best friend's apartment?" Arthur suggested.

"Eh? Do you mean Rika? Ah, but she must be away for her duty at the airport... Oh! Wait, I have her apartment keys!"

"Arthur-s... Arthur, should we make a stop at a convenience store?" Kazu asked, "We'll be needing supplies for all these people."

"Yeah, we should do that." He nodded.

Arthur closed his eyes for a bit, it was draining being with all these 'strangers'.

In the Black Void, Barnes sneezed while looking at the live stream. At the corner of the screen, the view count had exceeded 500K spectators. Much higher than in the previous mission. Arthur was becoming popular among the higher beings, though he still wasn't comparable to veterans

Barnes sneezed, "ACHEEwwwww.... eh, is Arthur missing me?" He wondered.

After a while, Arthur opened his eyes and noticed Saeko still looking at him.

"What is it?" He asked, a bit amused.

"Nothing, I was just wondering... You really do know everything about this world... and its people, the main cast as you refer to them."

"Why? Still in denial?" He tilted his head.

"No no, it's not that..." She looked at him for a few seconds with an uneased expression, as if wanting to say something but the words won't come out.

She smiled, a bit forcefully as if suppressing something, "How much do you... know me?"

"Hmm..." He gave her a playful smile. "Are we talking about your measurements... likes, dislikes, sexual fetishes? Or perhaps..." He paused as leaned towards her ear and whispered softly, "... Your particular tendencies?"

Her eyes quivered for a moment before she got hold of herself.

The setting sun's orange hue illuminated her beautiful form, she inhaled, "Arthur, I want to know... was I also—"

"There is a store!" Kazu alerted from the front and Shizuka suddenly pushed the brakes.

Inertia really was a bitch, or was it just bad driving?

"Okay..." Arthur said and stood up. "Saeko and Kohta come with me. Kazu and others protect the bus while we're gone."

They got off the bus, and Arthur surveyed the area, not many undeads around the area to worry about. He told Kohta and Saeko to kill any undead they spot while they accompany him inside the store.

Inside, he did what any sane person with an inventory ability would do — store each shelf into it, emptying the whole store.

After each and every item was stored in his inventory and only the white marble floor and decorated wooden ceiling remained, Arthur left the store.

'For today, this much will do.'

When he returned to his seat, he noticed how the students at the back looked at him— 'These guys seem quite relaxed now, Good work, Saya... and Rei.'

'The outcome appears to be satisfying...'

.

.

.

The sun was already on the horizon when they finally arrived at Shizuka's friend's apartment.

One by one all the passengers got off the bus, and for a few moments, they were awed by the huge maisonette building and the Humvee parked there.

Soon undeads crawled out of the windows and doors of the nearby buildings.

Arthur took out his gun, "You know what? Why don't you all help clear the area?" He looked at the students who came with Shidou.

They all panicked at that — The tyrant was already issuing cruel orders.

"Arthur, they are still shocked and afraid of all this. I think it'll be okay if we give them some time, we should help them until they can help themselves. Don't you think so too?" Kazu spoke as he readied his cane that he brought with him from the school's Nurse's Office.

"The world isn't the same as before, Kazu. I'm telling them to do it for their own good. It's better for them to learn it in my presence when they're safe than at a time when they're desperate. Besides, they shouldn't behave like you all are their bonafide providers. I know, Kazu, you're a good person. I respect that. But it doesn't mean a good person can't be strict." Arthur spoke as he swept his gaze over the rest of the group.

"He's right, Ishi-Kun. And in case they're unwilling to contribute, they are free to go their separate ways." Saeko added.

"Yes," and Saya agreed.

He wanted to increase Kazu's and also Kohta's standing in the group.

He knew that Kohta's status in the group will automatically increase when he gets his hands on the guns in Rika's apartment but wasn't sure much about Kazu, the only thing he knows good about him is that he is a nice person, ready to sacrifice himself to save someone else.

So this conversation was a good way to tell everyone about his good nature. And also develop a bit of his character.

"Oh, I suppose, you all will need some weapons. Don't worry, I'll provide you with that too." He smiled.

The student's eyes lit up — he was going to lend them his overpowered guns!?!?

But betraying their expectations he pulled out some metal rods, crowbars, and baseball bats. Obviously, he stored them in the store they stopped at a while ago.

They all winced as they took one and shakily proceeded toward an undead of their choice.

But, a light orange-haired girl, with a sway of her hips and an extra bounce of her breasts, walked up to him.

A pleading look in her eyes, "Um- excuse me, A-Arthur-san, my name is Miku Yuuki. I got hurt near my waist while I was escaping from school, can I also rest with Saeko-san and others?"

She pulled her shirt up from one side, showing him her bare navel and waist with a small barely noticeable purple patch on it.

"I- I don't mean I won't do any work, I can be useful in other ways too~" She came closer and whispered in his ears. "All sorts of ways~"

He gave her a helpless smile.

Novel crossed the 300 readers mark!? NOICE!!!!! Love you all my readers.

But most of all, thank you, John for becoming my lovely patron! SMOOOCH!!!!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Support me and read ahead on pa treon upto 5 advanced chapters! There are more benefits than just advanced chaps there, the total benefits are :

1. Advanced chaps.

2. Choosing your favorite waifu as a harem member.

3. Hiring Omniversal Mercenary for a mission in the world of your choosing, obviously you get to choose harem member too.

4. The power behind your votes will have the power depending on your tier, which is obviously, much higher than the free readers on webnovel, scribbleHub or Royal Road.

https://www.pat reon.com/marveller

(remove the space)

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/T3GN7nqKgS

93