192. A new color never seen before
148 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After turning some corners they have finally stopped at huge junction. Amid the awe-inspiring cityscape of the alien civilization, there stood a structure that seemed to transcend both time and space.

ExoBank Alliance

This was the name written which seemed to be levitating on it's own in the air, and the letters written in a language Robin and others didn't know but definitely didn't know but they could read it clearly. This surprised Robin and others since they haven't come across such language that could transcend boundaries.

This showed that their technology has almost reached the level of magic. This edifice, standing taller than the surrounding buildings, exuded an aura of sophistication. The outer façade of the intergalactic bank was a symphony of luminescent patterns that danced across its surface. The building's exterior was sheathed in a dynamic material that seemed to shift in color and texture.

Multicolored bioluminescence rippled across its walls. Towering above, the bank's spire seemed to reach toward the stars themselves, its tip crowned with a crystalline sphere that refracted light into a spectrum of colors visible from across the city.

Robin and others got out of the car and slowly walked towards the entrance of the bank. There seemed to be a barricade surrounding it and nobody was being allowed to go inside or outside the bank, making sure that Robin and others had their exclusivity in this experience.

As they approached the bank, they were met with an intricate array of bioluminescent symbols that adorned the entrance. These symbols, reminiscent of constellations, seemed to be a language of their own, a cosmic script that seemed to welcome visitors from countless corners of the universe.

"From what I have heard, their buildings in different galaxies differ according to the customs. But they make sure that their technology towers over the planet. For example, bioluminescence is the symbol of our galaxy and thus the building is a mixture of bioluminescence and higher technology." Lumis said as they approached the elegant building.

"Does it bother you?" Robin as he could see the adoration he had for the bank, which was weird coming from an all powerful monarch.

"I never wanted to be a King but I didn't have the destiny in my hands. It was either I be a monarch or be banished somewhere away from politics and home. I didn't want that. So here I am. If at all possible I would have loved going to different galaxies and know their customs, but that's a long shot now." Lumis said.

"Oh!" Robin sighed and didn't pry more.

Stepping inside, Robin and others found himself in a space that defied the boundaries of architectural norms. The interior was a fusion of technology and elegance, with holographic displays weaving intricate patterns of light that seemed to float in the air. The floor beneath their feet was a translucent surface that reacted to his presence, creating ripples of luminescence that echoed with his steps.

The central chamber of the bank was a breathtaking sight. Towering pillars of light stretched upward, connecting the ground to the expansive ceiling in a display of grandeur that spoke to the bank's cosmic reach. Holographic interfaces hovered in the air, attended by ethereal attendants who seemed to be beings of pure energy, guiding clients through their transactions with gestures and light-based interactions.

There were several crystalline counters and behind all of them there seemed to be an android sitting and only on the central counter there stood a woman sitting which looked completely different than all the species that Robin had seen as of yet.

The person seemed to be a harmonious blend of elegance and uniqueness. Standing at an imposing height, the alien seemed to possess a graceful and lithe physique, exuding an aura of refined strength. Their skin, though not luminescent, was a canvas of intricate patterns that seemed to shimmer as if kissed by the faintest glimmer of starlight. The centerpiece of their countenance was their eyes—larger than those of humans, with an almond shape that conveyed an air of perpetual curiosity.

Their hair, unlike anything found on Earth, was a cascade of fine tendrils. The garments were adorned with delicate, crystalline accessories that catch and refract the ambient light. The person possessed an array of slender, elongated appendages that served as both limbs and digits. Robin had never seen a species or imagined that could have more than two arms but still look breathtaking.

"She is an Etherei. That is all we know." Lumis whispered as they approached the counter. The other counters which sophisticated androids seemed nothing like the androids that the humanity had imagined but they seemed to be more elegant and made for desk job. Robin really appreciated the surroundings.

"This is way too beautiful for my eyes." Cathrin whispered as they looked around with wonder.

"Robin, thanks for the journey. I am really lucky to be your cousin." Rita said.

"And I am lucky to have access to the civilization." Robin laughed. All of these gossips were spoken in English so Lumis couldn't understand, and even if their technology was high enough for them to understand, it didn't really matter to him.

"Welcome to ExoBank Alliance. Welcome Your Majesty to the ExoBank. I am Coronia, how can I be of help today." The Etherei spoke as Robin and others stood beside the counter. She didn't seem to be surprised that another species had shown up in a such a distant planet, probably able to guess.

"I want to register my species." Robin was the first one to talk. Lumis nodded.

"Register species?" If Robin's entry before didn't raise her elegant eyebrows, this time it definitely did. She already could tell that Robin came from far galaxy as she had seen the battle. Though she looked entirely different from the rest of the species of the planet, she was well respected for her job.

She had come from a second class galaxy and she was one of the lowest class employee in the bank and this was the reason why she was far away from home and that too in a such a lower order planet. At first she felt insecure and maybe a little filthy living here as in her eyes, this species were aborginals.

It was like going back and living in the dark ages. But then she got accustomed in this new life where she got more respect than she ever got in her life. And though her family commended her for landing a job in the intergalactic bank, she saw the full extent of it here.

The only thing she had complaints about was her life away from her own species. She could of course converse with her people, walk around in her home and even have relationships through realistic holographic imaging which worked real time even in this long distance locations.

But virtual life was at the end virtual life.

But nonetheless she was happy with her life and it wasn't like this life was permanent. She could go back home once in a while and stay there for long. Working in intergalactic banks was always a privilege and she had worked hard to get a position here and was working hard to climb the corporate ladder.

When the war arrived, she didn't really care. She felt the same when someone sees war happening in a distant place and feel sad. Though she was updated about the war, she wasn't that much affected because working in intergalactic meant a lifetime of security and no matter what no galactic empire would even touch the banks.

Even the S class galaxy avoid the banks like some maggots and go around. So she knew that the enemies came from a different galaxy and was a bit curious about them. When she laid eyes on Robin and others, she was a bit mesmerized and tried her best not to show it on her face.

Especially Robin.

The eyes of her species was a bit special and could always see all the spectrum of light in the whole universe. This was both a boon and a curse. Boon because she could tell the minute differences in things and other small changes in the surroundings, but also meant that she would be bombarded with colors she didn't wish to see like the radiation and other colors.

So when she saw Robin, she saw a new kind of color. A color which she had never seen before. She didn't say it out loud but the color made her drool internally. And more surprise came when she heard that Robin wanted to register a new species.

She might not get involved in politics but she could already see that King was being respectful to him so this guy was probably the one who invaded. But it hit her like a truck when he said that he wanted to register his species.

What the hell was going on? Can anyone tell me?

Announcement
Read 30 more chapters on my patreon
19