193. This went from 0 to 100 real quick
382 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Coronia looked at Lumis for some explanation and Lumis just sighed and said.

"The scanner blurted out that the species had never been registered in the databank and no I am not kidding." Lumis said. Coronia was dumfounded but found her composure within a second.

"Please come this way. Coronia came out of the counter and led him and others to a separate section of the bank on the side. Soon they came to a huge hall which had long chambers placed adjacent to each other on the center.

The chambers looked like the one Captain America was transformed or the ones one go in sci-fi movies to stasis. Of course, it wasn't some kind of old chamber but a severely big and more sophisticated one.

"Who wants to be the first to register the species?" Coronia asked. Sauvik stepped forward. He was a normal human being to begin with and thus his body would be a better metric for his species. Coronia asked him to step inside the chamber and said.

"The scanner will first scan your body and later it will take a blood sample from you. It will not hurt you at all and we are doing it because we need to keep the species factor in our data bank." Coronia said. Sauvik didn't mind and just nodded. Soon a scanner which was inside the chamber revolved from head to toe of Sauvik.

[

Species : Not known

Please specify

]

Coronia was thinking that the scanner of Lumis was broken, but once the scanner of hers blurted it out she was internally surprised and tried her best not to show it on the surface.

"Do you want to specify any name for the species?" Coronia involuntarily asked Robin as she felt this person was the on incharge.

"Yes. Term us humans." Robin said.

"Humans.. okay." Coronia typed in the term.

"From this moment one, your species will be known as humans in the vast universe and I presume you want a new registration." Coronia said.

"Yes. We don't have any galactic credits so it is better we register the free ones. I need to sell some items and hopefully get some credits. And upgrade to white or dark registration later." Robin said. Sauvik had already come out of the chamber as all the processes had been done.

"As wish." Coronia smiled and said.

Soon Coronia did the registration with name, planet and location. The more Coronia learned the more she was surprised. Was that even possible with what she was seeing. Another kind of species inside another galaxy? This was ridiculous.

And finally it was time for the Protoss. Duke and others had already gone through and it was the time to register his species. Like Sauvuk, Artanis stepped inside the chamber and the scanner revolved.

[

Species : Sub species of [redacted]

The bank's rating is low to specify the name

]

This made everyone in the hall tense. Even Robin himself.

"This.."

"What!!"


"What's happening?" Robin inquired, unable to hide her confusion. Coronia found herself momentarily at a loss for words, glancing at Artanis with a mixture of awe and respect.

"Um, Mr. Artanis here belongs to a sub-species of an S-class galaxy. The banks in this galaxy aren't of a high enough tier to reveal redacted information. In fact, unless someone has special authorization, they can't see the redacted version. Only the bank manager and the individual being scanned, and even the scanners themselves, aren't publicly issued to display redacted data," Coronia explained, sensing that these individuals were incredibly unaware of the broader universe. However, she wasn't entirely sure why this knowledge gap existed.

This situation left Robin in a rather awkward predicament. How could she explain to them that the Protoss were not some sub-species of an S-class galaxy, but merely characters from a video game? The Protoss were just one of the many alien factions created by humans for a game, serving as an opposing faction for players to control.

Numerous questions began swirling in Robin's mind:

1. Did the developers of Starcraft have some form of contact with actual aliens?

2. If so, why wasn't he aware of it? Developers were usually very active within their gaming communities, making them relatively easy to track.

3. Could this be a random coincidence? After all, there were countless galaxies in the universe, and the odds of coincidental resemblances were not insignificant.

4. If these coincidences were recurrent, perhaps the human imagination had more at play than initially presumed.

These points overwhelmed Robin, and while he might not find immediate answers, he was determined to search for them. Artanis himself felt a sense of disbelief, given his own knowledge of how his existence originated.

"Will the S-class galaxy be informed of this?" Robin questioned.

"No. The banking sector places a significant emphasis on privacy. Would you like to inform the S-class galaxy?" Coronia inquired.

"No, not yet," Robin responded. Meanwhile, Lumis was on the brink of hyperventilation, mentally grappling with the situation. He could somewhat wrap his head around conversing with a High Elder, and even accept that the new species wasn't officially registered in the galaxy's records. However, the notion of an S-class galaxy's involvement puzzled him.

It made no sense. Lumis felt as though his mind was spiraling into confusion and fear. Conversing with an entity from an S-class galaxy was akin to standing before an immensely powerful force; a mere gesture from them could obliterate galaxies, let alone planets. He was on the verge of having nightmares, and the realization that their planet had confronted a species connected to an S-class galaxy was staggering.

In galactic terms, an S-class galaxy possessed an astronomical level of power. Lumis almost found himself compelled to plead for mercy, yet he managed to regain his composure. He needed to have a conversation with Artanis, to seek forgiveness for their prior transgressions. That was something he was determined to do. Thankfully, he refrained from alerting the S-class galaxy for the time being.

Artanis proceeded to complete his registration in the data bank, a step that hadn't been taken before and surprised Coronia. Nonetheless, she followed through with the process as expected. The events of the day had left her just as curious and bewildered as Robin, and she eagerly awaited more understanding.

"We'll return soon to upgrade our identification," Robin stated.

"Actually, you don't need to," Coronia clarified, "Mr. Artanis now possesses S class identification due to being a sub-species. This allows him to grant 10 S class identification privileges, 100 dark class, and 1000 white class privileges to anyone he chooses."

Curiosity arose within Robin as she hadn't been familiar with S class identification; her knowledge extended only to dark registration.

"What's S class identification?" she inquired.

"You're likely aware of dark registration, which is the highest level known to the general public. However, for those belonging to an S class species, they receive a special S class registration with various privileges. These include free entry to any galaxy, discounts at the Galactic Emporium Nexus, travel discounts, and even free public travel between 3rd class galaxies. These are just a few examples, but it's important to note that while privileges exist, laws remain consistent regardless of an individual's identification status," Coronia elaborated.

"So, I can register Supre.. I mean, my friends here?" Artanis asked in his characteristic, somber tone.

"Yes," Coronia affirmed. Artanis promptly proceeded to register Robin, Sauvik, Rita, Edmund, Ravi, and Cathrin. Given that Sigret and Myrene were androids, they didn't require individual identities; instead, they could be designated as assistants to Artanis, affording them access to S class data. The enhanced data access for S class citizens would greatly benefit Sigret's quest for information about the universe.

Once everyone was registered, Lumis remained an odd presence in a situation where he felt out of place.

"King Lumis, what type of registration do you possess?" Robin inquired.

"Please, High Elder, the name Lumis is sufficient. I don't deserve to be called King in front of you, I hold a white registration," Lumis responded humbly. Robin detected his apprehension, and seeing his polite demeanor, she decided to offer assistance.

"Artanis, grant him dark registration," Robin suggested.

"As you wish," Artanis complied. Coronia initiated the process, and Lumis experienced a mixture of elation and gratitude. His previous courtesy appeared to be paying off, and while he had lost members of his crew, he was now gaining something significant.

Determined to hold onto this newfound support, Lumis was willing to defy the Luminary Collective. The prospect of an S class galaxy's backing overshadowed any concern for a 3rd class galaxy. He was ready to turn his back on the Luminary Collective, especially after witnessing the gradual devastation caused by the Dyson Sphere on his star system. This situation provided an opportunity to escape the prolonged decline his planet had been facing.

After doing all the process and having their bank accounts made with highest privileges, they stepped out of the bank.

Announcement
Read 30 more chapters on my patreon
16