200. I am the unlucky one
115 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Robin had these thoughts just like the others but they didn't have the answer. Only with further research and moving around could they get to it. Meanwhile, there has been a 'gold rush' in the Luminary Collective.

Both for the bounty and the "vibranium". Since many people knew that the Vibranium had first showed up in Luminary Collective, people have been showing up in search for it. This was where Artanis came in as Robin had asked him to send some of the metals to the other part of the galaxy so that their home wouldn't be seen by others.

Artanis came up with an idea of showing that the metal could only be found in meteorites and distribute in such a way that it could only be found in one particular area. This was a whole new level of logistics because they would have to convince the whole universe that the Vibranium metal could only be found in special circumstances.

Thus keeping these people off their scent and let them earn money safely as long as they could. of course one day or the other that fake bubble would burst but by then he would be too powerful to care. Right now they were new and didn't know about all the players on the field.

Artanis was thus MIA and had taken few Motherships to relocate huge deposits of Vibranium in a particular part of the galaxy. Another thing that had happened was that 100 kg of Vibranium had just been deposited to the Galactic Emporium Nexus and thus he was officially new a billionaire.

The shopkeeper seemed to be ecstatic when the whole consignment was delivered and almost jumping in joy. Apparently after the small drama in the bounty hunter organization, people were going mad and trying to buy this on elevated price especially the research group around the universe.

This had helped in raising the price and the shopkeeper was earning a lot. Enough for him to push through the levels and change his place and get a more comfortable life. In order to thank Robin and friends he showed up at that night in the spaceship itself.

"Welcome.. Welcome.. Mr. Crigar."

"It is an honour to be welcomed by a High Evolutionary and a S class citizen." The octopus man said. Even for a octopus he was dressed in quite good dress. Even though their fashion sense didn't exactly match, Robin could tell that he had spent good amount of money on his get up.

"You tell me that I am a High Evolutionary, but I still don't understand what it means." Robin joked.

"Huh.. Ah sorry.. I kind of have forgotten that you actually haven't been to a S class galaxy.. No offense." Crigar said.

"None taken. Facts are facts.." Robin said.

"So you have no idea what High Elders actually mean?" Crigar asked.

"No. I have tried looking it up on the uninet but there isn't much even with my S class access." Robin said.

"Yes, there was a law passed long ago which is followed in all galaxies. The personal info of Evolutionaries and process to become one would never be on the uninet. This law was made more than a million time units ago." Crigar said. "There are three different stages of an High Elder. The first step is Evolutionary which is divided by Low and High Evolutionary, next is Evolved which is divided into three stages. Pre-Evolved, Evolved and Post-Evolved and the last stage is Supreme. It doesn't have any stages, and once you get there, you are at the top of the Universe."

"I do have to mention this though, since we don't have proper equipment to gauge you so you might be above a High Evolutionary. The rest of the High Elders of Luminary Collective are Low Evolutionary. Everyone has their own path to reach that level and I am sure you have your own secret way, so I would advise never to talk about yourself to others." Crigar gave a proper advice to them and Robin was thankful to know about it.

Though it didn't really matter if others knew how he become one because none could be like him, but now he was more aware. Letting people know might be bad after all. He wondered if he was Evolved.

Crigar thanked them for the fortune that they had shared with him and said that he would soon leave for a better place.

"Why don't you come and set up a shop in my planet." Robin said. He kind of liked this guy. He was simple and even gave advices, neither did he try to cheat him and was quite honest. Crigar who seemed to enjoying some alcohol, stopped his sip and looked at Robin. He thought for a bit and asked.

"I will think about it." Crigar didn't give a solid answer right away. His transfer would take time and though he would have a huge status once he was associated with an S class citizen who had unique items like the Vibranium and from the looks of it, this person seemed to have found himself quite a huge mine.

But once he got associated it would be a whole new set of political drama for sure since he was a High Elder and people like them would often have to deal with things that was ugly. Plus, he had a family of his own so he would have to think of them too. For those reasons he didn't take the decision immediately and he would have to lose some brain cells on this.

They talked about other business deals and how the Vibranium was blowing up.


Hello, my name is Cotharin and I am someone you readers, who are humans, call us as aliens. An alien from the galaxy of Milky Way, or as we know it Luminary Collective. I am very young and just touched the so called 'teenage' years of my life.

But here was the thing about me, I was considered as the most unlucky kid in the household. I have two elder brothers and they have been nothing but angelic to my parents, but I was the black sheep. That didn't mean that the family treated me bad but they did have an off-handish way with me.

Let me explain how unlucky I am. We have lived all our life on this small dead moon surrounded by chunks of meteorites. Our work was to mine the meteorite and see if there was something that could be sold. Since it was practically a ring around the planet, my family would mine the meteorites throughout the time units and and it would be enough for our life to go on.

But my luck had always been shitty. I would hardly get any good minerals or metals that could be sold at a reasonable price. One time when I came back with my meager minerals of small radioactive mineral, it destroyed all the electronic and sensing equipment of the home because the box I tucked the mineral in was faulty even though we just bought it in a batch. My brothers too got the same safekeeping box but theirs were good and mine was faulty.

This made a huge dent on the savings of our family, but parents didn't blame me. Over time, I just kind of gave up and kind of stayed away from family because such incidents would happen and it would just be tragic for the family.

Now I lived in my small mining ship most of the time which I have remodeled it to be my home. But that didn't mean I was lucky just because I was away from home. I have my own difficulties but I am slogging through.

Today, in one of my mining I came across a new chunk of meteorites that I had never seen before. It shouldn't have been a problem because there were millions of rock here so coming across a new kind of rocks wasn't that much of a deal.

But here was the deal. I had never seen such beautiful rocks ever in my life. It was pitch black in color with blue veins running across the outer surface. I was mesmerized. And there were bunch of them. I scanned the rock and apparently it was a new kind of rock that I had never come across before.

I looked for radioactivity and it was very low. I mined what I could and took it inside the ship. I wasn't really expecting anything and just went on with my work and living on the ship. After 3 planet days, I came back to the moon to deliver the minerals I had mined to the exchange shop. The meteorite ring around the planet wasn't that good to be honest but people here were honest and good people.

"Cothy.. How have you been? Did you run to another high speed meteorite?" The shopkeeper asked as soon as he showed up at the exchange depot.

Announcement
Read 30 chapters ahead on my patreon
12