Chapter 14 – Catgirl learns about the stars
1.8k 9 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oh, so that was just a dream…

But unlike normal dreams, the details in that dream still remain inside your mind, vivid like reality. The girl trapped in ice, the runic sword… you wonder what these all mean…

Seeing the worry residing within your eyes, Lizz asks, "Is everything alright?"

So, you tell her about the dream.


“Woah… Do you think all of that is real?” Lizz is excited. She seems to be extremely interested in what you saw.

“I… don’t know nya. And I guess there is no way to verify it right now nya…”

“Ah, true…” 

Both of you sigh. 

But then.

“Wait! Can you tell me the eight words written on the sword again?”

As you still remember them, so you recite them back to Lizz.

“Uphius, Avlelteet, Ezaartey, Ruburs, Strofaar, Dariana, Strof, and Zreo… nya.”

Lizz then quickly gets up and rushes to her bookshelf. "Hold on!" she says, and start looking for something. There are not a lot of books there, just filled with a lot of teddy bears and dolls and music toys instead. But among the few ones she has, there is this particular one, a really cute book with a starry cover.

And its name… Astrology for cats.

“Hmmm,” Lizz flips through the pages of the book. “I was interested in the stars a few months ago, so I bought this one. Uphius and Strofaar… they sound really really familiar. And if I’m not wrong... ah! Here they are!”

Lizz then shows you the page!

Uphius, Avlelteet, Ezaartey, Ruburs, Strofaar, Dariana, Strof, and Zreo, they are the eight brightest stars of a constellation! 

And the name of the constellation is…

“So that is your name nya!”

… Auraelis Aquilonia, Divine Lights of the North sky… 

“And check this out!” Lizz then continues, reading the description texts. “This is the constellation associated with the Goddess of the Northern Lands, Aquilonyan. The stars are arranged in an order to look like the head of a cat. Uphius, Avlelteet, Ezaartey make the left ear. Ruburs, Strofaar, Dariana make the right ear. And the two brightest ones, Strof and Zreo, are the shining eyes. Some folks also believe that this constellation is the reflection of the Goddess herself in the sky, watching over cat people who live in the everwinter lands of the North.”

“Fa… fascinating nyaa…” you exclaim.

Indeed. You didn’t know anything about those names up until that dream, not even their existence. And yet, the dream was still able to show them to you…

You are a DeathWhizkersz. The old Felicia was too! 

So, obviously, there is a strong connection between you two. And not to mention, you are wearing her pendant, aren’t you?

You look down at your chest, look at the pendant again. And here it is, the whole Auraelis Aquilonia constellation is shining inside it. You thought that it is just some cute cat decoration patterns, but no, it is a real, meaningful constellation!

“So… what is the meaning of all this nya?” 

Yes, now that takes you to another question. Why that dream? 

“Felicia,” Lizz then tries to answer that question for you. “They say that dreams can be some sort of guidance from the divine. So maybe, something is waiting for you there, in that place?”

Oh! That’s a nice explanation!

As you think more about this, that’s the most possible one. 

And with that, “Yes!” Your eyes shine, sparkling with determination. “I’m going to see the Northern Lands nya!”

“How far is it nya?” So you ask Lizz.

“It’s… on the other continent.” Lizz answers. “You will have to cross a vast ocean, a mountain range, a volcano, some scary jungle and lastly, the neverending icefields of the North too…”

Oh shit… that… seems very far… 

Your motivation is dwindling, hearing all of that.

But Lizz suddenly moves closer, and looks at you with her dreamy eyes. “But if you really want to go… I can go with you,” she whispers, softly, her voice is melting your heart.

“Are… are you sure nya?”

You know that Lizz has such a nice home here. Her family has not even settled down with their business yet. There are still so many things for her to do, her whole bright future ahead of her.

And yet, she is saying that she will be going with you, on a long adventure that is full of dangers, uncertainties and only based on a mysterious, random dream?

You two have just met for no more than one day, so how… can she say that already?

You really want to be with Lizz, but you also don’t want anything bad happening to her.

The thought of this makes your heart ache a little.

But Lizz seems to have none of that worries. In fact, she is now excited!

“Yes!” Lizz says without any hesitation. “It will be so much fun! That’s it! I will go ask mom right now!”

Lizz then gets up, quickly changes to her casual clothes. 

“Eh? Wait a bit nya!” 

You rush and change too!

Lizz then holds your hand tight, leads you downstairs. On the way, “Mom! Mom! I’m going on an adventure!” she shouts really loudly!

“Oh nice! Where are you going?”

And from downstairs, you can hear a really nice and loving voice, asking questions back!

Is she Lizz’s mom!?

She must be!

And based on this voice, you imagine a mature yet beautiful woman in her middle ages, someone who really cares about her family and children. Lizz is very kind and loving, so her mother must be a really sweet and caring mom too!

You can’t wait to see her!

“To the Northern Lands!”

“To the Northern Lands, huh?”

But then… once you see her, you nearly trip over yourself.

“Sure, if you can manage to last one minute, fighting against me.”

Oh no… one minute…

Looks like no adventure for Lizz after all.


Spoiler

[collapse]
48