Chapter XIX Family Visits
10.7k 34 190
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When they got to the house they went to work, immediately. Philip had been busy over the last month so she still had stacks of crates she had yet to unpack. She had made sure however to unpack the important things like her security system. The first thing they did was start moving the crates out of the spare rooms and into the front room. Stacking them in a corner by the basement door. They were almost finished moving the crates into the front room and were about ready to start moving them into the basement, when they heard a knock.

“It probably Melisa or Sarah let’s pretend we didn’t hear it,” said Philip with a shudder.

“Sure. Wait did we lock the door?” asked Misaki.

“Oh, crap! We didn’t!” replied Philip a bit worried as she moved to place the crate she was holding down. Misaki also started gently lowering the crate she was holding. Just as she placed the crate on the ground Misaki jumped when she heard the sound of the door opening. She froze for a second then looked to the door to see a small girl standing in the doorway that looked a lot like Philip. She stood maybe a centimeter taller than Philip, her hair was the same color, but a shade or two lighter. She had the same color eyes as well, but again a shade lighter. Her chest was few centimeters bigger, her butt was a little bigger and her skin was a few shades lighter. The overall impression made her seem to be a slightly more mature version of Philip. The girl than shuddered and looked over her shoulder to see the elven receptionist approaching her. She then rushed into the building and hid behind Misaki who was closer to the door. While Philip spoke her activation phrase. Instantly a crystal embedded in the doorframe started to glow, just before Sarah reached the door, only to bounce off the barrier that sprang into existence. The glowing blue barrier, sent her sprawling back on to her butt. While delivering a brief electric shock as well.

“Wow, that was like those force fields you see in science fiction! I want one for my dungeon!” thought Misaki watching Philip’s security system in action. While already imagining the uses she could put that barrier too, in her dungeon. The security system used a charged mana crystal to maintain a barrier that prevents entry. Only those whose mana signature has been registered can pass through. Also, any attempt to tamper with the barrier triggers an alarm, making these much harder to deal with than the more common ward spells. A crystal above the door can fire stun bolts at those who repeatedly try to enter a protected space. Similar systems are employed by nobles to protect their homes from thieves. Of course, if a person has a fair understanding of its workings and the requisite arcane knowledge they can circumvent the system. Fortunately, the vast majority of people with that kind of knowledge have better things to do than rob people, such as building the systems.

The girl seeing the barrier in place, started looking around. Then just as another woman and two smaller girls were approaching the open door she asked, “Where’s Philip this is his house, isn’t it, and who are you?”

“Philip She’s right there, and I’m Misaki,” replied Misaki while pointing to Philip who had just put the crate she was carrying down.

“Hi, sis. I’m a girl, now. Probably should have told you earlier, just a letter didn’t feel right,” said Philip. Followed by an awkward chuckle, as she hid her hands behind her back. Emily not really know what to say responded with an awkward stutter. Passing through the barrier and bring in the little ones with her their Mom said, “Well I guess we can’t keep calling you Phillip then, Phyllis has a nice ring to it don’t you think.”

“I uh guess,” replied Philip not sure what to say about that. Emily finally finding her voice asked, “How did this happen? Did you make a mistake exploring the dungeon?”

“This one isn’t my fault!” said Misaki while in the same instant Philip replied, “Nope, not the dungeon! Just a cursed ring, I can’t take off.” Fortunately for Emily, she had a lot of experience with her children talking at once, so she was able to pick out what they had said.

“So you have a hobby of turning boys into girls, Misaki?” asked Emily.

“It's not a hobby per se, more like a trait,” replied Misaki. Philip followed up saying, “She’s the dungeon.” Their Mom briefly interrupted telling them she was going to take the kids to a back room to play. Philip gave her quick directions to a spare room, she had cleared of crates earlier. Smiling she shouldered a bag full of toys and led the two to the room Philip mentioned.

“I thought dungeons can’t leave their dungeon?” asked Emily a bit confused.

“They can’t leave their territory Emily, but a dungeon’s avatar can leave the dungeon proper. The magical connection between avatar and core can only be maintained in their territory,” replied Philip.

“What happens when they leave their territory?” asked Emily curious.

“Ever seen a golem run out of magic? The result is very similar,” replied Philip. 

“So if they had something like a golem core they could leave their territory?” asked Emily.

“It’s called a sub-core and it requires level fifty to unlock,” said Misaki remembering what she had learned while looking through the menus. The sub-core was rather interesting, it not only allowed a dungeon’s avatar to leave the dungeon territory but could act as a replacement core if their own is destroyed. Its primary use though was the ability to establish sub dungeons. These sub dungeons are useful for increasing a dungeon’s income, but from what Misaki knew they were limited to a quarter of the main dungeon in size and strength. Which is why the sub-core not only required a level of fifty to unlock, but cost fifty thousand dp and twice as much mana to form. Also at level fifty she could only have one sub-core, she would unlock a second at level one hundred, but Misaki was still a long way from getting her first at level fourteen.

“That’s interesting,” replied Emily. Philip looked around then asked Misaki to start moving things into the basement before leading Emily into the kitchen. As soon as they were alone Emily said, “She seems like a nice girl. If you were still guy I’d be urging you to marry her. Guess we have to find you, nice guy, now.” Philip started fidgeting a bit and turned red. A notification also popped up for her, but she ignored it.

“Emily! I’m not going to marry a guy!” said Philip. Emily sat down in a chair by the table before replying. While a second notification appeared which she also ignored. Instantly followed by a third which she ignored as well.

“Really Philip you should settle down and have a kid already,” said Emily. Philip fidgeting some more didn’t reply at first, but eventually replied, “uh, well about uh that ....” then she trailed off the words getting stuck in her throat. It was however enough for Emily to pick up on. Especially given her nervous fidgeting.

“Wait, you aren’t pregnant are you!?” exclaimed Emily a bit surprised. While Philip didn’t say anything her response pretty much confirmed it. A smirk formed on Emily’s face and she asked, “So who’s the lucky guy?” Philip flushed red slumped to ground and replied, “I haven’t even touched a man that way.”

“Wait, do mean that someone raped you?” asked Emily a shocked look on her face.

“No one raped me, either! My partner was a girl!” said Philip as she shared her recent notifications with her sister. Who assumed that expression she always does, when reading for a moment and then she burst out laughing. “Oh, this is priceless! I have to tell Mom,” declared Emily as she ran out of the room. Philip just sat there on the floor not sure what to do. “That didn’t go the way I planned. What made her think I was raped? I’m level 188, not many can match me in a fight. Well, most dragons can match me but I don’t think they will be interested in raping me,” thought Philip before her thoughts went back to how badly she messed up her plan. Then she realized that in her haste to disprove her sister’s rape theory she had accidentally shared her failed quest as well. To make matters worse she had even forgotten to use her usual share protections. Meaning her sister could then turn around and share them directly with her Mom. So she pushed off the floor to run after her sister.

Emily entered the spare room the kids were playing in and walked up to her Mom excitedly. Her Mom though spoke before she could spill the news. “Slow down a bit Emily. What’s got you so excited?” asked her Mom.

“Mom, Philip is pregnant!” declared Emily the moment she came to a stop. A smile appeared in her voice and a happy tone occurred in her voice.

“That’s wonderful! I was getting worried he, well she now would never settle down,” said her Mom.

“Oh you should really see these,” said Emily, as she shared the notifications Philip shared with her just as Philip entered the room. Philip hearing those words realized she was too late to stop her sister from sharing the quest. Especially once she heard her Mom's response.

“Well, at least she got a blessing out of that quest. Oh, Philip perfect timing I need to have a talk with you. Emily watch the kids,” said her Mom as she started dragging Philip out of the room. Philip didn’t resist and followed behind numbly while trying to sort out her conflicting emotions. Her Mom led her to a neighboring room, entering the room both of them were surprised to find a demon maid making the bed. She wore the same skimpy uniform that all of Misaki’s maids wore that was straining to contain her larger than average bust. “Why is one of Misaki’s maids in my house? Wait, maybe one of those notifications I ignored earlier will answer the question,” thought Philip.

Your Mate Misaki would like to summon four Level 25 Demon Girls (Maid) in your house. Will you allow it?

 

Since you are busy the matter has been moved up to your patron god

Your Patron God has allowed the summoning.

Your patron god has granted you joint ownership of the summoned maids.

Summoned maids have been bound to your house.

Note: naming the maids will allow them to leave and run errands for you.

Hello Philip, congrats on your pregnancy. I took the liberty of binding the summons your mate wanted to make to you. Hope they help you out. Also, do consider changing your name, it will help you get used to your change.

 

Philip looking at the notice had no idea what to think. The little message from her patron god also took her by surprise. Then the maid looked up and said, “Hello mistress, do you need anything?” Philip thought for a moment and then replied, “ Yes, can you go get Misaki.”

“Certainly,” said the maid. She then smoothed down the last of the sheets and gracefully left the room.

“Guess we also have to talk about how you dress your maids,” said her Mom.

“I didn’t pick the outfit!” said Philip deciding that today just wasn’t her day. Nothing had gone right since Emily arrived earlier than she had stated. Her Mom sat down on the edge of the bed before replying, “I know. So who was the lucky girl and did you get her pregnant, too?”

Philip replied in a meek tone, “Misaki, and uh yes.”

“Good thing you told that maid to get her then. I’ll need to talk to her as well,” said her Mom. Philip shuddered as she had a feeling she wasn’t going to like this talk. A couple minutes later the maid came in with Misaki and then left.

“Alright, these things are never comfortable, but I don’t think either of you really know what it means to be a mother,” said her Mom. Several hours later Philip staggered out of the room emotionally and mentally drained. She was also not looking forward to tomorrow since Mom already had a trip planned to the temple. Philip had long learned there was simply no arguing with her Mom. Not that she tried she was too exhausted to argue the point when her Mom brought the trip up.

Leaving the room, she looked around her house while Misaki followed her to find that the new maids had taken care of all the preparations. The spare rooms had been cleaned, the beds set up and made. Philip only had three spare rooms she had been using for storage, one was being used as a playroom, while the other two had been set up as bedrooms for her guests. Misaki had summoned a couple of extra beds which the maids had then setup. Misaki had even expanded the basement and placed a bedroom down there for the maids. That was surprisingly comfortable.

“Were you multitasking during the entire lecture?” asked Philip.

“Yep, it one of the benefits of being a dungeon,” replied Misaki while puffing her chest out and with a proud look on her face.

“Oh, yes what about those strong intruders? How are they doing?” asked Philip wondering if Misaki shouldn’t be heading back.

“Well they just reached one of my fifth-floor safe zones and seem to be settling in for the night,” replied Misaki. Philip looked out the window and noted the setting sun. Causing her to realize just how long that lecture had been.

“I think I recall you telling me the younger one struggled with your new second-floor boss,” said Phillip.

“Yeah the older one, started helping the younger one fight after that battle. Turns out she could fly, and has a very powerful physical attack. She also uses a powerful lightning attack that discharges from her wings. She just doesn’t seem to be fighting seriously though,” replied Misaki.

“Well, she probably has a fairly high level. Tell you what if they reach your tenth floor, I’ll try to make time and be there with you,” said Philip.

“That would make me feel a bit better, thank you,” replied Misaki with a slight blush. Philip then went to talk with Emily. With the day ending she had a few things left to take care of, before bed. First of which would be to prepare dinner, and then make sure her guests were settled in their rooms. She quickly found that one of the maids Misaki had summoned however had beaten her to the task and was already taking care of dinner for her. Dinner went along nicely, but to Philip’s exasperation, Emily found a few opportunities to make jabs at Philip’s misfortune in that way sibling always do.  After dinner, Emily put the children to bed, while their Mom retired to the other spare room. Philip chose to retire as well, after the kitchen was cleaned up while Misaki followed her to bed.

 

190