7 – Betrayal ?
2.8k 5 130
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After some time, Apollo decided to do it, '' I'll go first.''

Artemis tried to stop her brother, '' Stop, it is too dangerous! We don't even know if it will work.''

'' More reason for me to do it. I might not look like it, but I'm the God of the Sun. If there's someone who has a chance to survive this, it will be me.'' Apollo tried to reassure his sister, but she was still unsure.

Hephaestus was preparing the Flame of Olympus, while the other Gods were preparing themselves to add their power.

After reassuring Artemis a little more, Apollo finally arrived near the Flame. 

'' Are you ready?'' Hephaestus asked while taking an insignificant amount of the Flame.

Every cell of his body was screaming for Apollo to run, but he bit his lips and nodded, '' Let's do this.''

Hephaestus then started to put the Flame near Apollo, who was already sweating. '' USE YOUR POWERS NOW!''

After Hephaestus shouted, all the Gods present started to use their power on the Flame. The plan was to use their powers to make the Flame, while still strong against Evil, be inoffensive against Apollo.

And it seems to be working, as Apollo stayed still while Hephaestus passed the Flame around his body. Suddenly, Apollo started to spasm, and Poseidon shouted, '' HOLD HIM!''

Artemis was the first one to act, holding her brother in place. It seems that the Flame arrived at the local where Evil was more abundant, which made Apollo want to flee.

As the Gods will be purified rather than killed, Evil will be extinguished, so it won't go out of their bodies and affect Greece with plagues and destruction, like in GOW 3.

' So if we want to hold the destruction of Greece after Kratos' fight, we need the Flame with us... but we only managed to control it with other Gods...', Poseidon thought while adding more power.

After some time and a lot of effort by all the Gods, the purification was completed. Apollo fainted, so Artemis asked, '' Did it work?''

Athena and Poseidon touched Apollo and searched his body for any sign of Evil. They are happy to find that there's no Evil inside Apollo, '' IT worked!''

The Gods all cheered up while Artemis looked relieved.

''Who next?'' Hephaestus looked strangely happy watching this.

--------

With Hermes

' A bunch of lunatics!' Hermes was mad at the audacity of the other Gods. After being demoted by Zeus, and having Iris take his place as the messenger of the Gods, Hermes felt more frustrated than ever so he decided to accept Hephaestus' invitation thinking it was a party, but he was wrong. ' They are actually trying to betray Zeus... and they managed to fool everyone with that story about Evil.'

Then it hit him, ' I can tell Zeus about their plan to rebel, then he will have no choice but to promote me again! Yes, I'm a genius!'

Hermes then speeds ahead toward Zeus' domain. He arrived shortly after and shouted, '' I, Hermes, seek an audience with the King of the Gods!'

After a few moments, a voice that sounded like thunder said, '' ENTER."

Hermes trembled a bit, feeling fear of the voice, but went ahead anyway. 

Hermes walked a bit and arrived at the center of the place. There, a throne of gold was built, and Zeus was seated on it. Hermes bowed and waited.

Zeus stared at Hermes before letting out a sigh, '' Speak.''

Hermes, still bowed, started to talk, '' I came here before you, my King, to tell you about the treacherous idea of other Gods!''

That seems to have made Zeus pay more attention to Hermes, '' Continue!''

Hermes noticed that Zeus was paying more attention to him, so he started to tell everything in detail, '' It seems that Athena and Poseidon made an alliance to take you down, my King. Surprisingly, they have support from other Gods, such as Hephaestus, Artemis, Apollo, Dionysus, Aphrodite, Demeter, and Hestia!'' 

Hermes didn't mention Evil, for he thought it was a ruse created by Athena and Poseidon.

Zeus said nothing, and Hermes couldn't notice if he was mad. 

Zeus got out of his throne and asked, '' Anyone else?'' 

Hermes shook his head.

Zeus then grabbed his weapon, the famous Thunder of Zeus, and tapped Hermes on the shoulder, '' You did good! Is there anything you want?''

Hermes was elated, '' I want my old position back!''

Zeus frowned but relented later. '' IRIS!''

After shouting Iris' name, it took a few seconds for a female to appear and kneel before Zeus, '' You called, your majesty?''

'' It seems your ability to gather intel is far behind Hermes, so I'm demoting you and putting Hermes back as the messenger of the Gods!'' 

Iris was shocked, '' But your majesty, I -''

'' SHUT UP! Do you dare to question my decision?'' Zeus roared.

Iris trembled, '' NO, IT wasn't my intention!'' Iris tried to continue talking but she noticed the smirk that Hermes had on his face and decided to stay quiet.

Iris bowed to Zeus and Hermes, '' I'll do as you say, your majesty.''

''There's more like it!'' Zeus then proceed to touch Iris and take back her powers as the messenger of the Gods and then passed them to Hermes.

'' Thank you, my King!''

Zeus was nonchalant about it, '' It was the least I could do to you for informing me about the betrayal! Now, let's go have a 'talk' with my brother.''

Zeus and Hermes then went to look for Poseidon and the others.

Iris, who now was 'just' a Goddess, suddenly smiled after Zeus and Hermes left, ' It really happened as Poseidon said it would!'

What Zeus and Hermes' didn't know is that after Hermes left the group, Poseidon immediately called Isis and informed her what would happen.


 

FLASHBACK

'' What did you call me for, Poseidon?'' Iris was somehow irritated, as she was busy with other matters.

Poseidon went straight to the topic, '' Hermes has a way for you to lose your position as the messenger of the Gods!''

'' What are you talking about..?'' Iris was confused.

''It is as I said, Hermes probably is going toward Zeus as we speak, and the information he has on his hands is worth the position,'' Poseidon spoke with confidence.

Iris was about to say she didn't believe him when she heard, '' It is the truth. I can vouch for Poseidon.''

Iris recognized the voice as Athena. Before Iris could be surprised, she heard another voice, '' I can also confirm what Poseidon said.''

''Me too.''

'' It is true.''

After at least five Gods confirmed Poseidon's claims, Iris was stunned, '' What kind of information Hermes has..?''

Poseidon smiled, '' It is about the rebellion we are planning against Zeus!''

Iris was dumbfounded. When she realized Poseidon was telling the truth, she tried to escape, but it was too late. The other Gods blocked her way out.

'' Hey, we can talk about this...'' Iris tried to talk her way out of it.

'' Of course, we can! In fact, we were planning on calling you to join us anyway.'' Poseidon motioned to Isis to sit with him.

Isis, still suspicious, seated with Poseidon, '' Why would you call me for?''

Poseidon's attitude was calm, '' You see, a war is coming to Olympus in the form of Kratos, our forcibly retired God of War. We are 90% sure he is the man prophesied to destroy Olympus.''

'' But you see, Athena just entered in contact with Kratos just a few moments ago, and he doesn't seek to destroy all of Olympus, just Zeus. Bear in mind that we created the rebellion before this information, but it shows that we were right from the beginning.''

'' Okay ... and what does all of this have to do with me? I'm just a messenger.'' Iris was confused.

Athena was the one talking now, '' You see, we know some of the Gods will stay on Zeus' side, so when they die, it will open space for other Gods to assume their power....''

'' ... How can you be so sure Kratos will win against all Olympus?'' Iris was intrigued by this.

'' Because he will have our help. We plan on supporting him all the way, until Zeus' death.''

'' And after that?'' 

'' We will rebuild. And we would be quite pleased if someone experienced as yourself, took Hermes' powers and responsibilities.''

Iris was struggling internally, but she knew she didn't have much of a choice, as she was surrounded by enemies.

Iris sounded defeated, ''... Okay, I'll join this rebellion of yours.'' 

Poseidon grinned, '' Perfect... But before you go, we have to do something with you.''

Iris noticed that all Gods present looked at her with pity, '' Wh- What do you want to do?''

'' Nothing much, just a simple purification... Hephaestus, PREPARE THE FLAME.''

Iris watched in horror as all Gods surrounded her, '' What are you doing..? HEY, isn't that the Flame of Olympus!? Are you crazy? Release me this instant... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!''

End of Flashback


 

After Poseidon purified Isis, he told her to act normal and promised her Hermes' powers after everything ended.

' Now it's time to maintain my part of the bargain.' Isis departed from Olympus, her destination unknown.

130