8 – Zeus vs Poseidon (1)
2.9k 8 114
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the same time that Zeus and Hermes were talking, before the talk with Iris

Athena and Poseidon finished purifying everyone.

'' Poseidon, only you are left...'' Hephaestus said while holding the flame.

To everyone's surprise, Poseidon shook his head, '' I don't think it's necessary... Evil is no longer in my body.''

All Gods went to check Poseidon's body and discovered it was true.

'' How did you manage to expel it without the Flame?'' Hestia asked curiously.

Hestia's question was the one all Gods present had in mind, and they all waited for the response.

Poseidon, who was already prepared for the question, responded smoothly, '' My guess is that when Evil took away my memories, his job was done or... To be honest, I don't know what happened, but I'm sure I can't get my memories back.''

As their knowledge about Evil was scarce, everyone believed Poseidon, but Hephaestus wanted to use the flame anyway.

Poseidon accepted, and nothing unusual happened. Unlike the others where there was a reaction, Poseidon was motionless.

After everyone present was purified, Apollo, who woke up ages ago, asked, '' Now what?''

Athena and Poseidon looked at each other, '' We think that Hermes is betraying us right now!''

Some Gods were shocked and others not, but Hephaestus was the most nervous, '' It's impossible! I don't think he would do this to us, to me!''

'' Think about it, Hephaestus. Would he really come to your call if he had not been expelled as the Messenger of the Gods?'' Athena gave a solid argument.

Hephaestus was unsure, so Poseidon continued, '' I noticed Hermes's reaction since we entered the cave so I paid attention to how he was acting and noticed he was weird since the beginning like he was not expecting this conversation at all.''

'' I might not have my memories, but my instinct as a God doesn't lie.''

Hephaestus tried to remember Hermes' reaction and noticed that Poseidon was telling the truth.

All Gods stayed silent until Demeter spoke, '' What do we do?''

Poseidon smiled, '' I have a plan, but it will need everyone's help. And we have to leave Olympus for some time.''

'' What do you mean?'' Artemis asked, confused at Poseidon's statement.

'' My brother was ruthless even before Evil took over his mind. Do you really think he would not chase us after everything Hermes told him?''

Poseidon noticed the hesitation around the group, '' I'll hold Zeus while you guys leave Olympus!''

Athena was surprised, '' You have no memories of fighting. You don't have much experience fighting Gods, and you don't have a chance against Zeus, the most experienced of all of us!''

' Thanks for the support, Athena!' Poseidon coughed, '' Don't worry, I'm confident I can run away smoothly if things go wrong.''

'' But before I put my plan in motion, I need a favor from you, my love,'' Poseidon said while looking at Athena.

Athena didnt hesitaded, '' What do you need?''

'' Get in contact with Kratos!''


 

With Kratos

' The Gods will pay for what they did to me!' Kratos was mounted in the famous Pegasus, and is going in the direction of the Sisters of Fate, to change destiny.

After dying because of their betrayal, Kratos wanted to use the power of the Sisters of Fate to go back in time, to the day the Gods betrayed him, and then he would kill Zeus. And he has the help of the Titans on his quest.

Kratos was riding his Pegasus when suddenly, he noticed an Eagle fly by his side. He recognized it, '' ATHENA!''

Athena, in the form of an eagle, landed on Kratos's shoulder, '' ... It's good to see you alive, Kratos.''

Kratos said with hate, '' Not because of you, Athena!''

Athena sighed, '' I know, I know. But I tried to warn you about Zeus' attack, but you didn't listen!''

'' I don't care! Zeus will pay for what he did to me!'' Kratos was still mad at the Gods, but he knew that Zeus was responsible for their actions.

'' Actually, I- We agree with you! Zeus has to die!''

 Kratos was stunned for a moment, ' Athena said Zeus has to die?'

Kratos said suspiciously, '' Can you repeat that? You said Zeus has to die?''

'' Yes! Zeus was corrupted by Evil!''

Athena then started to explain what Evil was and how to combat it. She didn't mention Hope, because it was not the time to share.

After hearing everything that Athena said, Kratos still didn't believe, '' How can I trust you after everything that has happened?''

'' Because it is true.'' Another voice different from Athena spoke through the eagle.

''WHO IS THIS!?'' Kratos

''It's Poseidon! The Gods had enough of Zeus' madness, and we decided to make an alliance to take him down.''

For the first time in years, Kratos was surprised, ' Is this true..? But what if it was farse...!'

Before Kratos could voice his thoughts, Poseidon continued, '' We know that you don't trust us, and based on what you went through, I don't blame you! But not all Gods are evil...''

'' And... what I'm about to tell you is a secret, but if you kill Zeus... Olympus will be destroyed!''

Kratos was stunned at the revelation.

'' So our plan is to completely destroy Olympus, and rebuilt it better than it ever was. We can't just be sorry, we have to be better. You can even join us in the reconstruction if you want.''

Kratos was moved by the proposition, but then he remembered all the things the Gods made him go through and was enraged again, '' POSEIDON! I WON'T FALL FOR YOUR TRICKS!''

Poseidon then used his trump card, '' I can make you move forward from your nightmares.''

'' ... What?''

'' I can't make them magically disappear, but I know a way to make them less painful. But you'll have to help us and trust us.''

Kratos was silent for a moment. All he ever wanted was to forget the nightmares, and now the chance was right in front of him, but ... he can't trust the Gods. Besides, he made an alliance with Gaia.

'' I'm sorry, but I don't trust any of your kind!''

The eagle suddenly went silent, and Kratos continued his journey in peace, or so it should've happened. '' How can we make you trust us?''

Kratos smirked, '' Tell me something shocking!"

'' Your father is Zeus.''

Kratos was shocked.

--------

After some time and Athena explaining everything about his birth, Kratos was even madder, '' ZEUS!!!!!!!!!"

After some time cursing Zeus, Kratos calmed down. Kratos was finally moved by what Athena and Poseidon said.

'' ... I have allied myself with the Titans.'' Kratos decided to tell them about it. 

''You can't trust them, you know that, right?'' Athena's voice was concerned.

'' I know that they are the ones that helped me when all of your kind betrayed me. BUT, I also know that they have a second agenda.''

'' Actually, this might be an opportunity!'' Poseidon suddenly said.

'' Which opportunity?'' Kratos asked.

'' Before that, can you please tell me how you plan on killing Zeus?''

'' ... I'm going to the Sisters Of Fate, to use their powers and go back in time to kill Zeus once and for all.''

'' Their powers can really alter time and space... smart.'' Athena was surprised by Kratos' intelligence.

''That's even better! We can end the threat of the Titans once and for all!'' Poseidon was unusually animated.

'' Explain.'' 

After some time passed and Poseidon finished explaining his plan, Athena looked at him surprised,'' For someone who lost all of your memories, you're surprisingly smart!''

Poseidon smiled at Athena, '' My love, I might not have memories but I'm not dumb!''

Athena was dumbfounded, '' Wait!! So you kne-''

Poseidon coughed, '' Anyway, Kratos! What do you think of our plan?''

Kratos responded shortly after, '' Why should I join the Gods and not the Titans?''

'' Because they are offering you revenge, we are offering you a way to move forward!''

Kratos was lost. On one hand, the Titans already helped him but on the other hand, there is a promise of a better world without his nightmares...

'Lysandra, Calliope...'

After some internal debate and some struggle, Kratos said through clenched teeth, '' What should I do?''


 

After the talk with Kratos ended, Poseidon immediately called Iris.

( Read the FLASHBACK in chapter 7)


After the talk with Iris

'' Okay, we don't have much time now! Everyone knows their part of the plan?'' Poseidon, who already wearing some armor, and with his Trident in hand, said while preparing to fight Zeus.

All Gods nodded. '' Then go! The next time we meet will be in the new Olympus! Remember, even though our plan is good, nothing is perfect! Look out for each other and stay alive! FOR NEW OLYMPUS!

'''''' FOR NEW OLYMPUS!''''''

After the majority of the Gods left, only Athena and Poseidon remained in the cave, but the mood was heavy.

Poseidon tried to lighten the mood, '' So.. this cave is nice, isn't it?''

Athena was pouting. '' Come on, talk to me.''

'' ... How much do you really remember?'' Athena now was doubting Poseidon's lack of memories.

'' Nothing! I really don't remember anything of Poseidon's life until that day we meet. I swear!"

'' So how can you be so sure of some things and others you don't? How come you have a plan for almost every situation?''

'' I don't know to what extent Evil messed with my body, but while I don't have any memories, I'm not stupid... Besides, I read some of your books while I was training.''

'' So you're peeking at me when you're supposed to be training?''

''... No..? Yes! Yes! I was.'' Poseidon initially said no, but then he saw Athena's face morph into something ... else and changed his answer.

Athena was satisfied with the answer, '' I can live with that!''

' So she knows something is wrong but decided to forget... I am really liking her.'

'' Thank you, my love.'' Poseidon kissed Athena, and she accepted.

'' Now is also time for you to go!'' Poseidon said to Athena after the kiss.

Athena wasn't so sure, '' Are you sure you can take Zeus on? Maybe I can help...''

Poseidon shook his head, '' I don't plan on winning... and you're too important to lose in battle. We need you more than me when the time comes to rebuild Olympus.''

Athena was about to say something, but Poseidon interrupted her, '' He's here!''

'' Go. I'll do my part, and you do yours!'' Poseidon took a deep breath and went out of the front of the cave.

Athena followed Poseidon with her gaze until he left the cave. ' Sigh, now we can only wait. Good luck, my love.'

While Athena knew something was off with this version of Poseidon, she knew she could trust him.

Then Athena used a secret passage that Hephaestus told her and left the cave, her destination unknown.


 

Outside the cave

'' Hello, brother!'' Poseidon said to Zeus, who was in mid-air.

'' Hello, brother!'' Zeus said while looking down at Poseidon.

The showdown between two of the most powerful gods was about to begin.

 


Stay tuned for the next episode of Dragon Ball.

 

114