9 – Zeus vs Poseidon (2)
2.8k 8 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

' To be honest, I would never think you, out of all people, would betray me.''

'' ... This is the result of your own choices... if you would've been a better ruler none of this would be happening.''

Zeus scoffed, ''Who should rule then? You? HAHAHA, don't make me laugh.''

'' Mortals change their preferences all the time, why can't Gods do the same? Besides, I wouldn't rule alone, I would actually listen to what the other Gods have to say and respect their opinion.''

'' Do you compare yourself to mortals? How many of them have you killed on whin or just for fun?''

Poseidon sighed, ''There will be a day when Death may come to take payment for my actions. But not today, not from you.''

Zeus and Poseidon stayed quiet for a moment, staring at each other.

For the first time since they began talking, Poseidon could see Zeus' eyes were not 100% trying to fight, '' Must we really do this? Can't you just surrender? Once we start, it will be difficult to stop.''

'' If I surrender, I would be dead anyway ... and to be honest, this fight should've happened ages ago, I just needed the confidence and assurance of winning. You would be surprised how my lack of memories made me a different and better God.''

'' So Hermes was telling the truth about your memories... Not that it would matter anyway.'' Zeus' demeanor changed, and he was ready to fight.

Poseidon thought to himself, ' So this is it, huh. From someone who only fought in street fights to fighting Gods is a pretty gigantic gap... but the objective is not to win. I don't need to attack, I just need to survive and run away after some time.'

After reassuring himself that he could do this, Poseidon assumed an instance, '' By the way, any chance of us fighting in the sea?''

Zeus' response was a lightning bolt, which Poseidon dodged. Poseidon then used the only water source available, his emergency jug, and made a trident of water.

Then he threw the trident made of water towards Zeus, who let it hit him head-on. The damage was minimal, and Zeus laughed, '' You are really weak today, Poseidon! What happened!?''

Poseidon sighed, ' I guess the train with Athena wasn't as good as hoped. But it was expected, as Athena wasn't known for her fight skills.'

Poseidon then attacked Zeus with his Trident, but Zeus dodged to the side.

Poseidon didn't let Zeus rest and continued trying to hit him, but Zeus dodged easily. He then tried to make a cage out of the water, but Zeus destroyed it with a punch.

' Danm it! I knew it would be difficult, but this is insane! And the water inside the jug is almost over!'

The fight started only seconds ago, but Poseidon was backed into a corner, as his attacks don't hit and don't do damage.

This continued for a few moments until Poseidon started to fight better, landing a few hits on Zeus. Zeus was shocked because the power behind those attacks was more powerful than the first, ' What could cause this...?'

What they didn't know, is that Poseidon's body was adapting to his power faster, thanks to the situation. The training with Athena was useful, but now Poseidon was fighting with his life on the line, so he was more serious.

' I can't let this go on... if he continues to get strong, I might be in trouble.' Zeus decided to finally take the fight seriously.

Both started to trade punches, with Zeus managing to do more damage but Poseidon landed more hits.

This continued until Poseidon punched Zeus on the side and tried to stab him with his Trident, but Zeus managed to hold it.

' Oh shit!' Poseidon looked at Zeus and noticed he was pissed.

'' My turn!'' Zeus lifts his hand to the sky, as dozens of thunderbolts strike Poseidon.

The area around the cave was destroyed, and the entrance was totally ruined. 

Zeus was looking around for Poseidon, ' He shouldn't have died from that...'

Proving Zeus' guess correct, Poseidon's trident came flying toward him.

Zeus managed to dodge it, but it was a feint, the real attack came after that, with Poseidon's fist hitting Zeus' face, causing it to bleed.

Zeus looked at his hand in disbelief.

'' How -- How about that!?'' But Poseidon wasn't in good condition either, Zeus' attack did some good damage to him.

''I'll admit, it was a good punch... But that was it. You won't be able to defeat me with just that.''

Poseidon smirked, '' Who said anything about defeating you?''

Zeus was confused, '' What are you saying?''

' Poseidon' started to turn into water, '' This war isn't just between us. I have no intention to fight with you to death, it was not my role.''

'' My role today was to hold you back for a while until things got done...'' Poseidon 

Zeus noticed that 'Poseidon' was a clone, '' Since when..?''

'' After your attack, which damaged me quite a bit, I saw I had little chance of holding you back for longer, so I decided to escape.''

'' Coward!''

'' Hey, at least I'm alive... Brother, you better prepare yourself well because you only have a few days left! We are coming for you!'' After saying that, Poseidon's clone finally 'died'.

Zeus looked around the area for any signs of Poseidon, but couldn't find any. '' Argh!!"

Zeus, irritated, finished destroying Hephaestus's cave for good.

'' HERMES!!'' Zeus' voice echoed across Olympus.

A blur arrived in front of Zeus, '' Did you call, my King?''

'' Call all Gods who favor me and tell them to meet up. We have a war coming soon!''

Zeus looked strangely agitated, ' The prophecy... but I killed everyone we suspected that could be the person...!'

'' Wait!'' Zeus said before Hermes left.

'' What do you want, my King?''

'' Check with Hades how's the situation with Kratos and report to me!''

Hermes departed in a blur, leaving a worried Zeus behind.

' I don't think the rest of the Gods would betray me... but I'll make sure they can't.'

Zeus laughed maniacally.


 

With Poseidon

''BLERGH!''

After vomiting blood, Poseidon continued to the meeting place he and Athena planned to meet. ' I received a lot more damage than I expected, but... I managed to fight head-to-head with Zeus, and that's good.'

Poseidon departed Olympus, with the help of a map Athena gave him, and headed to meet her.

116