12 – Broken
2.6k 4 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'' You are late.'' Kratos looked at the Gods in front of him with suspicion.

The Gods looked at each other and discussed among themselves, '' Should we tell him?''

After discussing for a bit, they told Kratos the Truth, '' Zeus has gone completely mad. He destroyed many cities, and annihilated

countless mortals... one of the cities he destroyed was Sparta. I'm sorry.''

Kratos was silent.

The Gods also gave him time to process what happened. But they also noted that the killing intent that Kratos gave was getting stronger.

Pandora, to everyone's surprise, went to Kratos's side and calmed him down.

Kratos took a deep breath, '' I don't believe I will say this, but... we have big problems.''

The Gods were confused until Krato showed them the Sister of Fate's corpses.

Artemis went to check the bodies, while Appolo questioned Kratos, '' Did you do this?''

Kratos was about to say no, but Artemis was the one who answered, '' No... it was not Kratos. In fact, it was not even human.''

Hestia went beside Artemis and asked her, '' What are you talking about?''

Artemis then started to explain, '' The cause of death was suicide. But, then, something came after the corpse later and did this.''

The corpses of the Sister were mutilated.

'' It was not humanoid, nor any creature that I know of... And I know all creatures of Greece.'' Artemis looked at Kratos, '' Did they leave anything behind?''

Kratos then passed the book to Artemis. The rest of the Gods all piled up to read.

After they finished, they looked worried, '' This... might be trouble.''

'' Because of the future they saw?'' Kratos was also curious about this.

'' That and ...'' Artemis was about to tell something to Kratos, but decided to ask something first,'' How long were you a God?''

'' Less than two decades... why?''

'' Did any of the major Gods tell you about our realm?''

'' Athena told me about the other realms, and that there are other Gods there as well.''

'' Did she tell you about Chaos?''

Kratos then remembered the conversation he had with Athena years ago.

FLASHBACK

'' This is why Zeus tolerated Ares for so long... the God of War is our first line of defense against Chaos.''

'' So you're telling me that there are creatures, with the same or even more powerful than us Gods, roaming around the Chaos?''

Athena nodded.

'' But I never heard anything about it.''

'' It is because we never received an attack. Not even once, so it became a legend. Even Zeus doesn't believe it anymore. That is why he allowed you to kill Ares.''

'' But why are you telling me this?''

'' You are a God now, so you deserve to know this.''

End of FLASHBACK

Kratos pieced the things together, '' So it is a creature from the Chaos?''

'' I'm not sure, but we need to talk with Athena about this.''

The mood was heavy, but Apollo reminded them about the mission, '' This is a problem for the future... Now, we have to find a way to go back on time... but I guess it's impossible now that the Sisters are dead.''

'' I can do that. The Sisters left their powers behind, but I only have 2 travels...'' Kratos told them.

Hestia looked doubtful, '' Should we use both of them then?''

'' Maybe we should talk with Athe-''

Before Apollo could continue talking, all Gods present turned around and looked in the same direction.

They felt horror as they saw, a hundred miles away, Athens being destroyed by Zeus' attack.

-------------

Some time ago, with Poseidon

'' Phase 2 of the plan is in motion. Kratos will use time travel to go back, with the aid of our group, to the war between Titans and Gods, and they will end the Titans once and for all. Then, Kratos would teleport to the day he was killed by Zeus and steal the Blade of Olympus and get his God powers back.''

'' It looks good.'' Athena looked over the plan and found nothing wrong with it.

Poseidon looked confused, '' Why not just kill Zeus with the Titans?''

'' If Zeus was killed there, we would lose his powers forever, and the Gods would be incomplete. Whether we like it or not, we need Zeus' powers.''

'' Can we also harvest the Titan's powers?''

'' Yes and no. We would only get a part of the powers, but it is better than nothing.''

Poseidon looked doubtful, but Athena was the one who was in charge of making the plans. He just has to follow.

'' Now that we send the group to Kratos, what do we do?''

'' We wait.'' Athena continued to look at her notes on the table.

Poseidon, finally getting his chance to be alone with Athena, went to attack.

'' You know... we could do what Hephaitus interrupted us a few hours ago...'' Poseidon closed the distance with Athena.

Athena, finally realizing the implication, closed her notes and faced Poseidon. Seeing his face, Athena sighed.

They started to make out in the middle of Athena's chamber. Luckily, Athena sent all her servants out earlier, otherwise, they would be shocked by the scene.

Poseidon then lifted Athena up and put her on top of the table. The couple continued kissing until Poseidon stopped. Athena looked at him, confused.

'' ... Do you know the next step for couples?'' Poseidon said while taking off his tattered armor.

Athena stammered a bit, '' I guess...''

'' Good.'' 

Poseidon then continued to kiss Athena. He then removed the top part of her armor.

Then, just as Poseidon would expose Athena's breast, the couple heard a fake cough behind them.

To say Poseidon was livid was an understatement, ' This is the 3 time in  a few hours that this has happened.'

An annoyed Poseidon looked behind him and noticed it was Iris who was there. To her credit, she looked uncomfortable, probably not expecting that scene.

Athena, who put her armor in an instant, looked dignified, '' What brings you here?''

Iris and Poseidon looked at Athena in shock. 

' She changes her demeanor in instants...' Iris then decided to ignore that, '' I brought what you asked.''

Poseidon, still without his armor, grabbed the shield that Isis passed him. '' Hephaestus completed so quickly?''

'' He had just finished it. He told me it is probably the best shield of our realm, in pair with Aegis.''

Poseidon then tried his shield, and noticed that it was really light. Then, Poseidon turned around to face Athena and passed her his Trident, '' Care to test it?''

Athena grabbed the Trident, '' Are you sure?''

'' Yes! Go full power!'' Poseidon assumed an instance.

Athena nodded and prepared to swing the Trident. Iris, knowing that the clash of mythical weapons will cause damage, got far away.

Athena looked at Poseidon looking for permission and the God Of Sea nodded. She then swung the Trident with full force.

The shockwave caused by the clash almost destroyed Athena's temple. The clash did send Poseidon back a little bit, but the shield was unarmed.

' What an awesome shield. I did lose a portion of my Trident but the result is incredible.'

Poseidon then went beside Athena, '' Do you to try it next?''

Athena passed Poseidon his Trident and shook her head, '' No thanks. It's your shield, and I still have mine.''

Poseidon then thought about where to put the shield, but he had no idea where, so he carried it with him.

'' Iris! Please come here.'' After a few moments of admiring his new shield, Poseidon called Iris.

The Goddess appeared in front of Poseidon , '' What do you need?''

'' Go to Hephaestus again and ask him to bui-'' Poseidon stopped mid-sentence because he felt an powerful energy coming directly to Athens.

Poseidon knew it was an attack, '' ATHENA!!!''

After he shouted that, he grabbed Iris with one hand, and teleported beside Athena.

Athena, who also felt the attack coming, was with Aegis ready to use.

Poseidon then put Isis beside Athena and grabbed his Trident. '' WATER SHIELD!''

After that, he tapped the ground with his Trident. A barrier made of water shoot up from the sea around Athens, to try protect the city from the attack.

But... it took literally 5 seconds for the shield to be broken, ' IMPOSSIBLE!'

Poseidon knew that his water shield should hold Zeus for at least 5 minutes and not 5 seconds.

Felling that something was really wrong with the situation, Poseidon made another shield, this time smaller, only covering himself, Athena and Iris.

Then, with his other hand, he lifted his new Shield up.

After that, the attack hit the city.

On that day, the city that worshiped Athena was completely wiped out from the map.

-------------

With Kratos.

The Gods trembled after they saw that. 

Kratos was also astonished while Pandora hid behind him.

'' Poseidon and Athena... could they survive that?'' Hestia asked with a terrified voice.

'' ... Can ANY of us have survived that?'' Apollo said gravely.

'' Who could have such power to destroy Athens just like that!?''

The group of Gods got discouraged. Surprisingly, it was Kratos who lifted the morale.'' It doesn't matter what happened there. We still have our mission, and we will do our part.''

'' We can't lose hope...'' Pandora was also trying to help.

The Gods already knew that they had no option besides going forward. So they went next to Kratos.

'' When can you send us back in time?''

'' Right now.''

 


Well, I need enemies for when I finish the Norse and Egyptian Pantheon, so I put Chaos in the mix. ( It will not be a big part of the story)

Don't worry, I won't show them now, only at the end of the story, literally on the last arc!

Thanks for reading!

98