17 – Redemption
2.2k 12 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The allied Gods approached Athena and Poseidon, '''What happened?''

'' Zeus went crazy for good and killed all the Gods... I guess we're the only ones left.'' Athena said.

"It was my fault! I should have known he would react this way, especially with Evil manipulating his mind.'' Poseidon said.

'''It's no use thinking about it right now... we have to think about what we do now?'' 

The remaining Gods looked at the fight between Kratos and Zeus, where Kratos was clearly losing.

Poseidon looked at the scene for a second and made a decision. "Do you trust me?''

The Gods, remembering Poseidon's plans and actions, trusted him.

"We do!''

"Then give me all your powers! Let's fight fire with fire!'' Poseidon said as he stood up with difficulty.

'Although Athena healed me, I'm still hurt... but it should be enough.'

The Gods(Artemis, Apollo, Dionysus, Aphrodite, Demeter, and Hestia) did not question and passed their powers to Poseidon, who was surprised by the feeling.

''That's incredible! I have to be careful not to lose this power!''

Only Athena didn't pass on her power, '' Are you sure about that? That much power can have consequences we don't know about!''

Poseidon smiled weakly, ''We don't have much choice. If anyone can survive having that much power, it's me.''

Athena passed on her powers in silence.

Poseidon thanked Athena and kissed her. He was about to go into battle when Aprodithe spoke up, '' Wait!

Poseidon stared at her, '' What is it?

''Do you know where Hephaestus is?'' Aphrodite was worried about her husband.

'Look at that... surprising.' Poseidon seemed to think for a while, ''He wasn't here when Zeus did the massacre, so he should be fine. If Hephaestus and Isis arrive, tell them to wait here.''

After saying that, Poseidon took a big breath, ' It's time to end this once and for all!'

---------------

'' I was scared of you for a long time, Kratos. But, it seems that my fears were unjustified.'' Zeus said while floating above Kratos.

The situation wasn't looking good for Kratos. Even with all his powers, he was still losing.

Of course, before Zeus started to win the fight, Kratos did a lot of damage to him. Zeus lost one hand and three fingers on the other, stabbed many times in the abdomen and had been punched many times.

Although he was losing, Kratos didn't look like he would stop fighting, '' Leave your talking to someone else.''

Kratos said this and attacked Zeus with The Blade of Olympus. Zeus dodged and threw thunderbolts in Kratos' direction.

Kratos decided not to dodge and to continue attacking. He hit Zeus in the leg, but the damage was minimal, while the thunderbolts hit Kratos head-on, which gave Zeus time to continue his attacks.

Even with the attacks hitting him, Kratos did not stop either. Switching to Blades of Chaos, he spun them around and managed to hit Zeus in the face, making him bleed.

Zeus could barely see, thanks to Poseidon's attacks earlier and Kratos' now. Both his eyes were damaged.

''ARGH!!'' Zeus was pissed after losing his eyesight and started to throw thunder everywhere, destroying his domain and some parts of Olympus.

In one of these attacks, he hit Kratos hard, making him lose control of the Blade of Olympus, dropping it on the ground.

Kratos tried to run in the direction of where it fell, but Zeus and his random attacks would not let him get close.

More and more parts of Olympus were being destroyed, and the attacks were getting stronger and stronger.

Kratos managed to get close enough to the Blade of Olympus, but one of Zeus' attacks hit him and sent him flying away.

After recovering from the attack, Kratos used the Blade of Chaos to get close to the Blade of Olympus fast, but there was already a person in front of it.

Zeus, even though he couldn't see, could feel the presence of the Blade of Olympus. He then realized that it was not with Kratos and took it.

'' Hahaha. What now, Kratos? One of the only weapons that could kill me, and it is my possession... what are you going to do?''

Kratos' response was a Blade of Chaos attack to the face. Zeus, sensing the attack, put the Blade of Olympus in front of him and the weapons slammed into each other, creating a shockwave that sent father and son flying away.

Kratos was the first to get up and was about to run towards Zeus when he heard, '' Wait!''

Kratos stopped, looked behind him, and realized it was Poseidon, "Speak quickly! Zeus is dizzy, and I can't miss this chance!''

Poseidon said nothing and held out his hand to Kratos.

Kratos didn't understand, "What are you doing?!''

Poseidon, who looked very weak, said, 'Take my hand, and you'll be able to kill Zeus in no time.''

Kratos, not wanting to waste any more time, squeezed Poseidon's hand.

Instantly, Kratos felt a wave of power surging from Poseidon's hands and turning his power.

To say Kratos was shocked would be an understatement, '' What have you done...?''

Poseidon, who was now weak as a mortal, smiled at Kratos. "I told you from the beginning. The Gods have changed and are on your side... this is your chance to kill Zeus... and it is also your destiny.''

'' So go and ends this!''

Kratos said nothing and ran towards Zeus, who was still dizzy from the collision of the weapons.

'''ZEUS!''' Kratos, who now had the powers of many gods combined, attacked Zeus with the Blade of Chaos.

With incredible power, Kratos cut off one arm of Zeus, who cried out, '' Arghhh!''

Kratos then attacked one of his legs, tearing it off as well. 

Seeing that the fight was over and victory was his, Kratos decided to kill Zeus by hand.

Almost poetically, Kratos carried Zeus, who now no longer had the strength to attack, to his golden throne.

Arriving there, Kratos proceeded to beat Zeus to death. ( Press O)

Punch, Punch, Punch...

After Zeus' death, his body began to levitate, and a large amount of Evil came out and spread throughout Greece.

Greece, which was already affected by Evil, was completely destroyed. Not a single being was left alive.

Kratos has had his revenge and now literally having the power of all the Gods in him, sat down on the ground.

Poseidon approached Kratos and sat down beside him. 

The Ghost of Sparta said nothing and silently passed all his powers to Poseidon.

'' Are you sure? I could be even more tyrannical than Zeus...''

'' What happens now doesn't interest me... I killed those who I had to kill.''

Kratos and Poseidon looked at destroyed Greece, and Kratos' face showed a little pity.

Poseidon, seeing this, decided to tell Kratos about Hope, '' Kratos, I know what I'm going to ask of you may sound strange but hear me out first.''

Kratos looked at Poseidon and told him to speak.

" I need to kill you.''

Kratos was stupefied.

----------------

After explaining all about Pandora's Box, Kratos relaxed a little.

'' I guess that's it for me then.'' Kratos agreed to die to free Hope and help rebuild Greece.

Poseidon went to get the Blade of Olympus and returned to Kratos. He was about to stab Kratos when he remembered something.

Poseidon took a big breath and shouted, '' IT'S OVER! ZEUS IS DEAD!''

After waiting a few moments, the other allied gods came toward Poseidon and Kratos.

Poseidon passed their powers right away because his body was barely able to hold so much power and was slowly crumbling. And yet, even after passing on their powers, he still had plenty.

' Since Kratos passed all the Gods' powers to me, I still have a lot with me...I can still handle it but I don't know if I should.'

Pandora, who had met with the other Gods, came towards Kratos to hug him.

''Now what?'' Artemis asked looking at Greece and the destroyed Olympus.

''We rebuild.'' Athena said, looking hopeful.

 ''But for that, we need Hope...who is with Kratos. ''

Pandora, as soon as she heard this, looked scared, '' But there's no way to release Hope without killing the host...''

Pandora looked at the Gods and noticed that they all already knew that, '' So you're going to kill Kratos!?!!''

Poseidon tried to console her, '' Actually -''

Before Poseidon could continue, Pandora shouted, '' You can't!''

Pandora stood in front of Kratos, trying to protect him.

Everyone stood still until Kratos grabbed Pandora's arm. "It's okay. ''

'''It's not okay! If you die, it's over! You don't get second chances this time! ''

'' I got what I wanted, and now I can help others... I accept my fate, it's time for you to accept it too. ''

''But...'' Pandora was going to continue complaining but she saw Kratos' face and stayed quiet. She began to cry.

Kratos, knowing that there was someone who cared about him, smiled a little. ( 2 times in the story, if anyone is counting)

Then, Kratos stood in front of Poseidon, '' Do it!''

Poseidon said nothing, raised the Blade Of Olympus, and stabbed Kratos. Poseidon tried his best to hit exactly where Kratos stabbed himself in the game.

Right after he 'killed' Kratos, all Hope from within Kratos broke free and started healing Greece.

As soon as all Hope left Kratos, Poseidon said at the same moment, '' Heal him!''

The Gods who specialized in healing came to Kratos' side and began to heal him. It didn't take long for Kratos to start breathing again.

'' He'll be asleep for a while, but otherwise, he's fine.'' Hestia said to Poseidon.

"Good... his story isn't over yet.'' Poseidon smiled a little, knowing the journey Kratos has ahead of him. 'I'll help him as much as I can.'

Pandora, who had been crying a lot, stopped as soon as she noticed that Kratos had been healed. ''Why didn't you tell me you were going to heal him!!?''

Poseidon looked at Pandora and said innocently, ''I tried to warn you, but you interrupted me... go and stand by his side. He's been through a lot.''

Pandora was going to Kratos' side when Poseidon called out to her, '' Come here a second!''

Pandora went towards Poseidon, who put his hand on her head. All the Gods were surprised when they noticed that Poseidon had passed godlike powers to her.

Pandora felt this but didn't react much. 

Poseidon then went to Kratos' side and touched him as well, '' This is rightfully yours!''

He then passed all the God of War powers and also about 60% of Zeus' powers to Kratos. 'I'd give him 100%, but I don't know how he'll react when he wakes up...'

Even after passing some powers to Pandora and Kratos, Poseidon still had too much power left in him, 'I have to see a way to balance them out...'

Poseidon then left Pandora with Kratos and went towards his allies, who were looking at Greece with expectant eyes.

Athena was standing to one side, so Poseidon went over and hugged her. '' We did it!''

'' Kratos did the majority of the work, but yes... we did it.'' Athena kissed Poseidon.

The Gods were looking at Greece when they noticed Iris flying towards them. She was together with Hephaestus.

Aphrodite seeing that Hephaestus was safe, ran towards him,'' Love! I'm glad you're okay! I was worried.''

Hephaestus, who was fine, was very surprised by her reaction and looked to the gods for an explanation, but they also did not know why Aprodithe acted so.

Hephaestus, still not used to this loving side of Aphrodite, hugged her too, "I'm fine.''

Ignoring this display of love, Iris went in front of Poseidon.

As soon as she arrived, Poseidon held out his hand, '' I always keep my word!''

Iris stood still and accepted Poseidon's handshake. The powers of Hermes were passed on to Isis and she was ecstatic.

Noticing the situation and seeing that it was the best time to speak, Poseidon asked for the attention of the remaining gods, '' Please listen to me for a second.''

The Gods stopped what they were doing and looked at Poseidon.

''Evil changed us and made a lot of things happen. We could see our mistakes and how to improve on what was bad. With Zeus gone, we have a chance to do better than before! We owe it to all the mortals who died today and those who died for our former actions.''

''I ask for your confidence! I promise to lead you into a new era, an era of unparalleled prosperity for all, be they, mortals or Gods. I will listen to their complaints and yours too. We can do better.''

Athena was the first one to react, '' Together?''

Poseidon, who now had the power to kill all of them easily, smiled, '' Together!''

The other Gods, seeing this, decided to trust Poseidon to lead them. All of them kneeled in front of Poseidon,

Athena was going to do the same, but Poseidon stopped her, '' The Queen of All Gods don't need to kneel before me.''

Athena kissed Poseidon.

After Poseidon was declared the new King of The Gods, he looked at Iris, '' The mortals are safe?''

Iris nodded, '' Yes! The barrier worked, and now we wait until Hope eliminates all Evil. Then we can release them again.''

Poseidon smiled, '' That's good! NOW... let's rest. I don't know about your situation, but I'm tired.''

Poseidon said that and laid down on the ground. Athena followed him and lay down beside him.

'' I love you.''

'' I love you too.''

 


 

Author's Note:

 

If you want to read more, there are a few chapters ahead on my Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/MrPopocap

 

Thanks for Reading!

100